Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking in Wicklow

Options
  • 11-03-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

I am hoping to get some work on an existing deck - renovating and increasing the size. I am based in Wicklow. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ace

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭fiveeuros

go to www.timberworld.ie these guys are great the boss is peter gibney pm me and i will gie you his mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Abwood Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

Abwood Newcastle.

We used Abwood to build a deck for us in Septemberr last year. It looked OK but the quality of workmanship was lazy and messy. they did send a guy out and he tarted it up but it still isnt great. Now, after 1 winter, 6 months later, its covered in splinters, has split in places and a number of the knots have come out leaving sharp edges. We also got a shed from them and there are splits in the wood in 3 or 4 different places

We didnt pay the earth but we found out the hard way that what we did pay for wasnt good value, it was cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭iriship

I got logs from abwood wet/dirty, full of mold and smelly i will never get any from them any more

Advertisement