Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBS Server Install

• 11-03-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

Ok How much would you charge for the following

SBS 2003 install - green field site and will have 10 new pc's to install

Setup AV, Backup, Exchange, Calander share, VPN access

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Teamhar

Are you doing as a cash-in-hand nixer or are you a consultant? Are you supplying the hardware, licenses etc? Are you doing the cabling, comms cabinet, patching etc? Will you be maintaining the system for them afterwards?

If you're just walking in and setting up, I'd spread that work over a couple of days, and charge by the day (not more than 8 hours including travel time). I dunno, €650 a day? Don't want to go too high cos they might shop around. Under €500 is de-valuing yourself and your work. Its not particularly complex stuff and two days should cover it. Nice bit of cash, I could do with a nixer like that!

That's my two cents!

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

tech wrote: »
    Ok How much would you charge for the following

SBS 2003 install - green field site and will have 10 new pc's to install

Setup AV, Backup, Exchange, Calander share, VPN access
    You need to work out yourself how long it will take and price according to how much you need/want.

Advertisement