Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X Box upgrade!

• 11-03-2009 10:08pm

HI folks,
    I need some help, and fast, I'm afraid.

I'm thinking of upgrading my my X-Box from an old Premium (no HDMI) to an Elite.

Reason - I can basically do it for free. Plus then I get the HDMI connection and bigger hard drive.

If I'm doing it, I'm doing it tomorrow and will need to pack up the X-Box tonight before I go to work.

Anyways two questions:
    1.)Is there any problem moving my X-Box live account (not just profile, but Live "access rights") from one X-Box to a new one?

2.) How do I go about transferring my data (characters in games) and DLC from one hard drive to another? Can I transfer them to an external hard drive tonight and put it on the the new one tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

1/No, if/when you get the new Xbox, just sign into LIVE, and it'll have all your achievements, avatar. As for Save game files, music etc, see 2

2/As far as I know, you need the Data transfer cable to transfer the data. There's a thread here somewhere, I'll try find it.
    EDIT; here we are;http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055507582
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937279?sd=xbox
    I think I read somewhere that some gamestops have them and will do it for a small fee. Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

if you have one of the memory cards for the 360 handy there you could transfer your game saves on to it(if its big enough) and and then transfer them to the new hardrive and for the rest you can select the recover gamer tag option in the xbox menu and all you will have to do is download all the dlc content again you purchased from xbl as its all linked to your gamer tag,,,,if you cant work around the game save issue just explain to your mate or who ever it is who is gettin your xbox you need your game saves and your waiting for a solution,i sure they would understand :) but wotever you do get the elite sounds like your gettin a deal there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Well this is probably too late for you at this stage but I went through the upgrade process from Premium to Elite just a few weeks ago. I Called my local gamestop and confirmed with them that they had the means to transfer all information from old HDD to the new HDD. Brought it in. They just requested that I wait in the store while the data was copied. Brought the Elite home and powered it on and it had everything from Avatar to achievements to demo's and other Arcade games downloaded. Everything was exactly as it was but I had me an Elite

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have a spare cable if you want it OP. Im in Dublin.

Druss Rua; how'd it work out?

• Advertisement

LD 50 wrote: »
    Druss Rua; how'd it work out?

Ok folks,
    I got the Elite (nice! :)) but wasn't able to find means of transferring the games / data from one to another.

Alas, I'm nowhere near a Gamestop, so can't go there.

Faceman, can I avail of your offer? PM me if you like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

you can contact xbox and they will send you a transfer cable FOC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I already have a 120GB drive, if I get an elite, can I just take the drive from my pro and plug it in? (and trade in the pro with the 120gb drive from the new elite).

yep. Just swap em and your good to go.

Advertisement