Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Blog C&C

• 11-03-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Have recently started a PhotoBlog recording images from the 2009 League of Ireland Season, would like if some of you seasoned bloggers could give me some advice, pointers, comment and critique.

www.dodgyblog.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭paulkellypix

I'm neither a Blogger or a League of Ireland expert.

Is the site aimed at Tipsters or Photoblog fans?

There are not enough images up there yet - but the layout and design is very simple and easy to navigate.

Get a few more images up there - and decide if it's a tipping blog or a photoblog.

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

There has only been one round of games and could only attend one, it is a blog with 4 sections

1) Pics of Action.
    2) Pics of Fans.
    3) A small article about the game I am attending on a given week.
    4) A prediction section which will hopefully provide some light hearted banter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Fergus I like it - and my advice is keep it simple, as is - remember how many other blogs there are out there - too much text and over complication would make me move on - so keep it up and best of luck
    b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

nice layout. very clean and neat. i like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i like the simple layout and the backround colour is a good choice - doesn't interfere with the text.

like the photos that are up there so far - who on earth are the 3 lads in the last pic on page 2??!!!!

i'll take the one on the right please...;)

• Advertisement

I am hoping you are a girl, they are Messers Killian Brennan, Owen Heary and Liam Burns, can get you digits if you wish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Nice site, I like the style and colours.
    A few observations and constructive criticism:
    1. I wouldn't have the predictions as your landing page (unless it's your latest entry and therefore appears on top?) People will see this and might leave straight away.
    2. Shouldn't 2008 be under 'Archive' and not 'pages'?
    3. I would put categories above archive as people will browse categories more than archive
    4. It's a pity I can't click on any pics to a. get bigger image b. shot details. (nighttime sports can be hard to catch so I'd be interested to see what equiptment you used, settings etc. you could put your equiptment details in the 'about' section.)
    5. For predictions you have 'an expert' give his predictions. You should make his name linkable to a site with more details- wikipedia, Rover website page with past players etc.
    6. Include a blogroll, possible with links to other club blogs. This list of links is used to relate the site owner's interest in or affiliation with other webloggers.
    7. Why is the header image in two parts and not one?

Good luck,
    Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

:eek: Four years as Longford Town kitman?? Shocking! ;)

1. I wouldn't have the predictions as your landing page (unless it's your latest entry and therefore appears on top?) People will see this and might leave straight away.
    Latest Entry

2. Shouldn't 2008 be under 'Archive' and not 'pages'?
    Its going today, dont know why I put it there!

3. I would put categories above archive as people will browse categories more than archive
    True will look into this

4. It's a pity I can't click on any pics to a. get bigger image b. shot details. (nighttime sports can be hard to catch so I'd be interested to see what equiptment you used, settings etc. you could put your equiptment details in the 'about' section.)
    Good Idea will do

5. For predictions you have 'an expert' give his predictions. You should make his name linkable to a site with more details- wikipedia, Rover website page with past players etc.
    I have given enough details about him

6. Include a blogroll, possible with links to other club blogs. This list of links is used to relate the site owner's interest in or affiliation with other webloggers.
    Will do

7. Why is the header image in two parts and not one?
    Thats part of the theme, I thinks its cool, dont you?

whyulittle wrote: »
    :eek: Four years as Longford Town kitman?? Shocking! ;)

Could have been worse, could have been that other small town in the midlands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

I am hoping you are a girl, they are Messers Killian Brennan, Owen Heary and Liam Burns, can get you digits if you wish!

Fine specimens indeed :o and ha - yes I am a girl. :D

Advertisement