Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Needed: Comic artist

Options
  • 11-03-2009 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey all,

I'm attending film college at the moment and with the school year coming to an end, I'm thinking about what to do with myself during the summer months.

I've got an idea for a web comic. I know how to write it but my skills as an artist have long since abandoned me.

My idea is a three to four panel strip. It'll deal with geek culture and some other things thrown in for good measure. Is there anyone here or that knows someone who draws in a cartoon/semi-realistic style? Please PM if you do.

I'd like to start work on this in the next few months so hopefully will respond quick.

Thanks,
    Meta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jmean

have a look at these samples of my work and if you think my style might suit what you have in mind get back to me

http://inks.meanwhile.tv
    http://www.meanwhile.tv

james@meanwhile.tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jvr

Hi,

I've also had an idea of a comic strip for a number of years now and I had 2 friends draw for me (I can't draw a straight line with a ruler!!)with very different styles and I definetly prefer one of the styles...anyway as the guy moved away we don't really get together to work on the comic so I'm wondering.... (new to boards and new to viewin this site so apologies if this seems a bizare question...)is it posible for someone who can't draw to still create a comic with the aid of some kind of software? my friend used ta draw on what he called a tablet and then email me his drawings and I'd do the script part of it....I'm hoping there's some software out there thats easy to use etc.

Advertisement