Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taxis and houses burgled!linked or coincedence

Options
  • 11-03-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

In the past year or so there has been an increased amount of houses burgled on or around our road

Thing is most of them have been broken into when the owners go on holiday and when the owners have got a taxi to the airport instead of driving and parking the car there (we only live 10 mins to the airport)

I was talking to one of the neighbours who recently got burgled and hes convinced that the taxi he got had something to with his house been done as the driver was asking so many questions for example:

"As sure well for you going away, are you going for long?"

"bringing all the family?"

"have ye got a dog?is there someone to look after it?"

his house was ransacked that very night and the other neighbours has had similar stories

So is this just a coincedence or are there some dodgy taxi drivers out there that would pass on information for a few quid??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

There are dodgy people in every job. Telling your postman/milkman that you'll be away on holidays is dodgy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

javaboy wrote: »
    There are dodgy people in every job. Telling your postman/milkman that you'll be away on holidays is dodgy too.

Who talks to their postman :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

Tell nobody nothin!!! nothin about where u'r goin or if u got money or come into it..

i'd have told him me brother lives with me or is housesittin or somethin, whatever, make up some sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Das Royaitt pal. Tell 'em nuttin,nuttin at all .

Shtay schtum, keep the gob shut,say fcuk all to no man.Tight as a drum boy.

Them taxi fellas would rip the balls from yer sack in a flash,say nowt,nix,nada,zilch.

Mum's the word son, finger to side of nose, nod and wink, but say fcuk all.

Do you hear whar I am sayin "SAY FCUK ALL"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

pebbles21 wrote: »
    "As sure well for you going away, are you going for long?"

"bringing all the family?"

"have ye got a dog?is there someone to look after it?"

TBH your neighbour deserved it.

If a taxi man asked me those questions I'd punch him right in the ear. Nosy fuckers.

Piss off and let me listen to the radio. Who wants to hear you blab on about the poxy recession and what you'd do if you were in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

And it's not just that they might be dishonest, but who they know as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,393 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

especially this man :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Ahh FFS give it a rest and pick on someone else.... none of you complain when you are being brought home at 4 or 5 in the morning pissed and drugged up... I suppose its taxi drivers fault there is arecession too. Or taxi drivers are to blame for the famine ? Cop on muppets...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

2qk4u wrote: »
    Ahh FFS give it a rest and pick on someone else.... none of you complain when you are being brought home at 4 or 5 in the morning pissed and drugged up... I suppose its taxi drivers fault there is arecession too. Or taxi drivers are to blame for the famine ? Cop on muppets...
    Careful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

2qk4u wrote: »

Dude, take it easy. Ranks are there for us to moan and bitch with other drivers about stuff not here. :)

See ya on the fosters. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement