Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vector Software - which to use

Options
  • 11-03-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey all,

just lookin to find out which would be the best combination of packages to use for general web design and graphics creation (logos, banners etc.)

Lookin at Dreamweaver CS4 + Fireworks CS4 + Photoshop CS4
    or
    Thinkin about Dreamweaver CS4 + Illustrator CS4 + Photoshop CS4

So basically, Fireworks or Illustrator. Any thoughts, pros or cons.

Ta folks,

Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

If you're in any doubt whatsoever, then you want Illustrator.
    Also, if you're thinking of buying Adobe Design Suite, vs Web Design suite you'll also get InDesign too, which is valuable in your toolkit.

Fireworks is mainly suited for screen based design, unless you're specifically a fireworks fan I wouldn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭|MarK|

p wrote: »
    If you're in any doubt whatsoever, then you want Illustrator.
    Also, if you're thinking of buying Adobe Design Suite, vs Web Design suite you'll also get InDesign too, which is valuable in your toolkit.

Fireworks is mainly suited for screen based design, unless you're specifically a fireworks fan I wouldn't buy it.

Have to agree, illustrator is your only man for creating logos and other vector graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

If you're going to be mainly web based then I'd suggest the Web Suite from adobe.

If you're doing both print and web then get the Master Suite.

For print design and layout you'd need photoshop, illustrator, indesign.

For web design and layout, you'd need fireworks, flash, photoshop, dreamweaver; possibly illustrator (always good to have anyway).

Master suite I'd reckon. Get the whole lot.

If you buy a suite you can't upgrade apps individually they have to be done in a pack which costs more than individual - but you can get prices from adobe.

If you're going to buying 3 or more apps you may as well go for a suite, works out cheaper in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Andy Rivers

Thanks for the posts ppl.

Probably will purchase Creative Suite 4 professional I agree that Indesign would be good to have for print. Illustrator all the way it seems from all the feedback I have been getting.

Ta,

Andy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Actually, I'm fairly sure that Illustrator comes as standard in all the design suites.

• Advertisement
Advertisement