Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place for decent Krone punch in Dublin?

• 11-03-2009 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get Krone-type IDC punch that lasts a bit longer then the crappy plastic ones? I'm sick them breaking in my hands.

Can't find any on Ebay, elara, misco etc etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get Krone-type IDC punch that lasts a bit longer then the crappy plastic ones? I'm sick them breaking in my hands.

Can't find any on Ebay, elara, misco etc etc.
    Are you talking about better than these?
    31lN02CZGcL._SS500_.jpg
    If you are breaking that tool then you must be pressing too hard or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

yeah but I can't find any so I just bought two off Ebay instead. Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Bit pricy from that source but Radionics.ie?
    http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=retrieveTfg&Ne=4294957972&N=4294904835+4294792631

You'd have to give them a fair hammering to have them break in your hand.

Eastern electrical sell them for about 10 euro i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Or Maplins

CCSL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

How in gods name did you manage to snap one of them? I've been using the same one for the last 3 years?

How in gods name did you manage to snap one of them? I've been using the same one for the last 3 years?
    Thats what I was thinking too. Must have been using a hammer.

Lads, that was a month and a half ago. I've since managed to extricate myself from the dark hole of depression it caused and found a way to get on with my life.

How did I break it? I dunno, just bent the end of it. It's not like they're made of a Molybdenum alloy.

All done anyway, house cabled, panel punched and netpoints...pointed. Let's all move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Lads, that was a month and a half ago. I've since managed to extricate myself from the dark hole of depression it caused and found a way to get on with my life.

How did I break it? I dunno, just bent the end of it. It's not like they're made of a Molybdenum alloy.

All done anyway, house cabled, panel punched and netpoints...pointed. Let's all move on.

You tell 'em Sleipnir!:D

still dont know how you broke one though:pac:

Arms of Steel Lab Mouse, Arms of Steeeeel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement