Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 things a women likes on a daily basis

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

• A cup of tea
    • A head rub
    • Put a wash on
    • Tidy up the kitchen

Stupid things like these ^^^^ reduce me to tears after a crappy commute home from work, seriously its the little things that count.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Getting into a bed thats been made. You dont even need to change the sheets every day or whatever... just shake them down and make the bed. So simple and yet so effective to a girls mood:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You're very considerate, I echo all the suggestions above!

Something I think is worth mentioning is that it is thought that reflexology should generally be avoided until after the third trimester, due to different parts of the foot being connected to different body parts!

As for massages, the following oils should not be used on someone who is or may be pregnant as they may act as abortifacients: Basil, Cedarwood, Clary, Coriander, Hyssop, Jasmine, Juniper,Marjoram, Oregano, Myrrh, Peppermint (which should also be avoided while nursing), Rockrose, Rosemary,Sage and Thyme. Not that I want to put you off or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Dolorous wrote: »

Something I think is worth mentioning is that it is thought that reflexology should generally be avoided until after the third trimester, due to different parts of the foot being connected to different body parts!

As for massages, the following oils should not be used on someone who is or may be pregnant as they may act as abortifacients: Basil, Cedarwood, Clary, Coriander, Hyssop, Jasmine, Juniper,Marjoram, Oregano, Myrrh, Peppermint (which should also be avoided while nursing), Rockrose, Rosemary,Sage and Thyme. Not that I want to put you off or anything.

Codliver oil so. I used that oil tonight that helps cover stretch marks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dolorous wrote: »

He doesn't have to use aromatherapy oils at all. A bit of nice, cheap grapeseed oil will do the trick nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Teh Noob

1. Try to feed yourself before I arrive.
    2. Don't bother washing up, it'll take me longer to redo everything.
    3. Keep the bathroom unoccupied.
    4. Try to communicate your current needs/worries/plans in ten sentences max.
    5. Please don't ask me how was my day. It's over. I don't want to go through it again.
    6. Find a way to amuse yourself during evening.
    7. No, thanks, I don't want to watch horror channel together.
    8. Of course I'm not mad at you.
    9. Yes, I still love you.
    10. Huh?
    What I'm trying to say is that everyone's idea of a great time is different...how can anyone here possibly know what will make your girl happy?
    Just ask HER.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

mp1972 wrote: »
    He doesn't have to use aromatherapy oils at all. A bit of nice, cheap grapeseed oil will do the trick nicely.

I know, just thought it was worth pointing out.

OP, as previously said, she'll be thrilled to come home to a clean house, cooked dinner and a nice cuppa tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The only really important thing to me when I get home is hot water. I resent having to spend an hour heating water for a shower and the washing up.

You know her better than us, go with the little things she likes.

Teh Noob wrote: »
    1. Try to feed yourself before I arrive.
    2. Don't bother washing up, it'll take me longer to redo everything.
    3. Keep the bathroom unoccupied.
    4. Try to communicate your current needs/worries/plans in ten sentences max.
    5. Please don't ask me how was my day. It's over. I don't want to go through it again.
    6. Find a way to amuse yourself during evening.
    7. No, thanks, I don't want to watch horror channel together.
    8. Of course I'm not mad at you.
    9. Yes, I still love you.
    10. Huh?
    What I'm trying to say is that everyone's idea of a great time is different...how can anyone here possibly know what will make your girl happy?
    Just ask HER.;)

My apologies Teh Noob if i am not explaining myself. My o/h is lovely but the one thing she fails to do is communicate well ans I hung around with her since I was 15. But the one thing she does love is to be treated exactly like all the other ladies she works with. So I simply figured I would ask what you want to see after a long day. What I will do is do what you suggest and throw my own bit in for the personel touch. I have loads to go on. I think the grapeseed oil is a good one as well as it smells nice.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

You're very sweet Joey The Lips! Fortunately I'm blessed with an equally sweet partner, and these are some of the things I love he does.

1) Gives me a back/shoulder rub whenever I'm sore (only occassionally does he head too far south!)
    2) Gives me a lie in at the weekends ( we have an 8 month old son)
    3) As soon as he comes home from work, he either helps mind our son or starts on the dinner if I haven't gotten around to it.
    4) Never moans at lack of house work done - in fact even says it doesn't bother him.
    5) Always lets me be in charge of remote.
    6) Always says how great/lovely I am -even if I'm fisihing for compliments, he still indulges me.
    7) Lets me go out alone,and even encourages it, so I get a break from the childcare.
    8) Doesn't spend too long on his computer games!
    9) Says 'I love you' lots.
    10) Doesn't complain when I'm trying on the 20th pair of shoes etc when out shopping.

God, the poor man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

AnnieB82 wrote: »
    You're very sweet Joey The Lips! Fortunately I'm blessed with an equally sweet partner, and these are some of the things I love he does.

1) Gives me a back/shoulder rub whenever I'm sore (only occassionally does he head too far south!)
    2) Gives me a lie in at the weekends ( we have an 8 month old son)
    3) As soon as he comes home from work, he either helps mind our son or starts on the dinner if I haven't gotten around to it.
    4) Never moans at lack of house work done - in fact even says it doesn't bother him.
    5) Always lets me be in charge of remote.
    6) Always says how great/lovely I am -even if I'm fisihing for compliments, he still indulges me.
    7) Lets me go out alone,and even encourages it, so I get a break from the childcare.
    8) Doesn't spend too long on his computer games!
    9) Says 'I love you' lots.
    10) Doesn't complain when I'm trying on the 20th pair of shoes etc when out shopping.

God, the poor man!

He sounds perfect.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

when written down, I realise even more that I'm quite lucky, although I should add, that I do at least half the housework and often do have dinner prepared. ( I'm not a total slave driver) It's more so when it's not done, no comments are passed on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Do something you hate doing that you know she hates doing as well without being asked to do it!

For me that would be cleaning the bathroom. I dislike it but he hates it more. The joy of coming home to it having been cleaned was phenomenal :)

Freshly cleaned sheets on the bed is lovely. Go for 100% cotton sheets too as it feels gorgeous on the skin so much better than man made fibres.

I'm not a big tea fan but love hot chocolate particularly Green&Blacks hot chocolate. Oh the joy!

Walking in the door from work and being greeted with a smile and a kiss makes it all the nicer to get home.

Flowers! The majority of the time he gets me lovely flowers from a supermarket and sometimes he splashes out and gets some from a florist. It's all wonderful.

Breakfast in bed at the weekends.

He's constantly telling me how gorgeous I am.

Giving in to watching a chick flick :)

Text messages letting me know how fabulous he thinks I am.

hmmm I'm spoilt and know it. :)

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Im one of these people that kind of needs 15 minutes alone when i come in from work or college in the evenings just to decompress.
    I would need someone who would understand that, if you wanted to bring me a cup of tea after these 15 minutes with a big hug that would be greatly appreciated!

But a basic run down for me woud be..

A tidy house
    Someone who listens
    Tea
    Hugs
    Kisses
    Back/Shoulder rub when required
    Food

So basically, keep me fed and watered, listen to me if i need to rant about some external element, and plenty of hugs and im a happy lass...
    Honestly for me this is all it takes!

Who said women were high maintenance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Goodness gracious me, I'm definitely never getting married:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

Number one for me would be to come home to everything nice and organised with nothing obvious that needs doing to worry me... but you seem to have that end of things under control :)

If you're out during the day, grab a copy of her favourite magazine or little things you see that you know she'd like.

Have her nice comfy clothes waiting on the radiator for her to change into when she gets home.

Anything she needs ready for the next day, get it organised for her.

If you don't mind being up early, someone who'll make breakfast for you while you're getting ready for work is worth their weight in gold :P

Stay on top of the non-houseworky stuff you both share like bills and appointments so she won't have to worry about them.

Ask her every day is there anything she needs you to do or to get for her. It's simple but it's nice to be asked instead of having to ask.

Your OH might not be bothered, but I always love when I have someone to go for a stroll with in the evening to get some fresh air and get out of the house... do her the world of good too.

Don't go overboard - personally I like all the little touches that show an effort is being made, but I hate when a guy is trying to wait on me hand and foot, I find it very annoying if it's too full on.

CeilingCat wrote: »
    Number one for me would be to come home to everything nice and organised with nothing obvious that needs doing to worry me... but you seem to have that end of things under control :)

If you're out during the day, grab a copy of her favourite magazine or little things you see that you know she'd like.

Have her nice comfy clothes waiting on the radiator for her to change into when she gets home.

Anything she needs ready for the next day, get it organised for her.

If you don't mind being up early, someone who'll make breakfast for you while you're getting ready for work is worth their weight in gold :P

Stay on top of the non-houseworky stuff you both share like bills and appointments so she won't have to worry about them.

Ask her every day is there anything she needs you to do or to get for her. It's simple but it's nice to be asked instead of having to ask.

Your OH might not be bothered, but I always love when I have someone to go for a stroll with in the evening to get some fresh air and get out of the house... do her the world of good too.

Don't go overboard - personally I like all the little touches that show an effort is being made, but I hate when a guy is trying to wait on me hand and foot, I find it very annoying if it's too full on.

so alll of that isnt being waited on hand and foot?! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

I wouldn't have thought so, no... they're only little things that tbh any man should do for his pregnant OH :rolleyes:. Would you have said that's hand and foot?!

CeilingCat wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought so, no... they're only little things that tbh any man should do for his pregnant OH :rolleyes:. Would you have said that's hand and foot?!

emmm kinda yeah! shes pregnant! shes not incapable of movement!

Hi Girls Just to stop you rowing

Number one for me would be to come home to everything nice and organised with nothing obvious that needs doing to worry me... but you seem to have that end of things under control :)(I do this - not every day 5 - 7 maybe)

If you're out during the day, grab a copy of her favourite magazine or little things you see that you know she'd like. (I dont do this but its a good idea-She buys them in the local shop)

Have her nice comfy clothes waiting on the radiator for her to change into when she gets home. (This is a great idea, She always gets into her comfies and those crazy slippers)

Anything she needs ready for the next day, get it organised for her. ( Weird one - I have always done the ironing. I lived on my own from 16year so had to lean quick. She now thinks i am better then her. Its a good game to get people to do work you should try it :o)

If you don't mind being up early, someone who'll make breakfast for you while you're getting ready for work is worth their weight in gold :P (Our child is special needs so I am up at 5.30 every morning - always ways- I am thinking of applying for the milkmans job She has porridge and toast its supposed to help the chest glands later produce milk)

Stay on top of the non-houseworky stuff you both share like bills and appointments so she won't have to worry about them.(Internet is great for bills - My bank balence is not)

Ask her every day is there anything she needs you to do or to get for her. It's simple but it's nice to be asked instead of having to ask.(I do the text thing Hows your day what do you fancy for dinerbesides me joke)

Your OH might not be bothered, but I always love when I have someone to go for a stroll with in the evening to get some fresh air and get out of the house... do her the world of good too.(I bring my child for a walk twic a day if her pelvis is not acting up she comes along)

Don't go overboard - personally I like all the little touches that show an effort is being made, but I hate when a guy is trying to wait on me hand and foot, I find it very annoying if it's too full on.(I try not it looks like I am looking for something rather than just do a bit of good)

My sincere thanks for any ideas reaceived the only that specially please me is the flowers on the table especially now spriong is here.

Thanks again. If you think of anything else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Anice text during the day to let her know you are thinking about her too!
    One of the most importanat things you can give her is your time so well done you!

OP seriously you sound like a total legend. It really seems that you already have all your bases covered! Your partner is lucky to have you.

Oh and Congratulations!

BB x

Advertisement