Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which razor

Options
  • 11-03-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I'm tired of buying disposables razors that just turn out to be crap. I'm going to get a decent one, any suggestions, what's good and what to avoid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭holdmyhand?

when im bothered to go to the bathroom to check what the name of the one i have i'll reply!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I use a men's Gilette Fusion razor, way better than any girlie one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

sorry but it'd have to be waxing for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I use a men's Gilette Fusion razor, way better than any girlie one.

Agreed. Razors for women suck ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

OP i got frustrated like you last week and i went out and bought one of those Venus divine razors,or maybe it was just a normal one. The result is waaaay better than the disposable ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Zippie84 wrote: »
    sorry but it'd have to be waxing for me :)

I really can't afford to go wax my legs, and they normally grow back too quick after doing it too.

Orla K wrote: »
    I really can't afford to go wax my legs, and they normally grow back too quick after doing it too.

Hows about an epilator? I'll shave and have stubble growing 12 hours later but epilating is wonderfully magical for me! Keeps me rather smooth for like a week. I've yet to get through both my legs in one go though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

fonpokno wrote: »
    Hows about an epilator? I'll shave and have stubble growing 12 hours later but epilating is wonderfully magical for me! Keeps me rather smooth for like a week. I've yet to get through both my legs in one go though...
    I agree...... have never looked back since I got my epilator. Even my husband uses it on his neck hair!!!!!!!!!.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I like the Venus ones. The vibrating one is pretty useless; the original one is grand; the Divine one is pretty good; and the Breeze one is great as long as the shaving bars last.

How much do epilators hurt?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i use the the venus 1. hate buying the blades though, always seem so expensive.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    I like the Venus ones. The vibrating one is pretty useless; the original one is grand; the Divine one is pretty good; and the Breeze one is great as long as the shaving bars last.

After 1 or 2 uses they don't. Cannot recommend em high enough. Mine is a pink Phillips Satinelle Soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I am thinking about an epilator too... but don't you have to wait for your hair to grow out to a certain length before you can epilate it all off again?

shellyboo wrote: »
    I am thinking about an epilator too... but don't you have to wait for your hair to grow out to a certain length before you can epilate it all off again?
    A little but not so much that u 'have to go out NOT hairless'.......

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Got the new Venus Embrace the other day - fantastic! Really lightweight and shaves very close to the skin. It was €5 in Dunnes but...... blades are €24 for 5 i think... rip off!!
    Used to have the Wilkinsons Sword one and thought it was good but a boring design!

Epilating is actually grand! I have a very low pain threshold but I find it ok. My legs don't really like it too much but they're not inclined towards any kind of hair removal really. They're allergic to Immac, waxing just leaves them all blotchy and red and unhappy and shaving cuts them to shreds.

They are amazing for underarms. Like actually fantastic. And it doesn't hurt after the first 10 seconds or so. Epilating underarms means I don't have to shave for about 2/3 weeks. And that is HUGE for me!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

hmmmmmmmm whats the best epilator though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I normally wax my underarms but at 15€ a pop think i'll invest in an epilator now. I have the venus vibrating one and it's good for legs but turn the vibrating bit off for your underarms!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I just use Wilkinsword disposable razors. I have blonde leg hair so I can take longer breaks in between shaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ASIL1983

I like Soleil disposable razors-really nice design and great to use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Even the word Epilator scares me. Tempted to try it if they're that good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

I use some wilkenson disposables...they're the best ones i've come across so far.

I bought an epilator 2 years ago, used it three times I'd say...too painful and not great results :( I found my legs were still quite stubbly, cos the tweeze thingys just broke the hairs instead of ripping them out.. And I made an attempt at the bikini line once....brought tears to my eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

agilitenorm4.GIF

The green agilite disposables ladies razors for sensative skin.
    They often are sold in double packs or specail offers in Boots.
    Shaped for the way a women shaves. Curved V - neck allows twin blades to hug curves for a steady glide over your skin. MoistureRich strip releases skin loving Vitamin E and real Aloe Vera. Guide the razor better with the unique finger rest. Fingertips grips surround the razor for safe control. Sculptured tear drop handle fits securely in your hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Abstar

Wilkinson Sword Quatro (the ladies ones!) or Venus. Prefer Venus for underarms - just seems 'safer'! Wknson Quatro on the legs and good to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I use the Wilkinson Sword Intuition Razor and it leaves your legs soo smooth! Results only last a day or 2 but my legs are silky smooth after using it tho :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Absolutly the best razor ever to exsist is Wilkinson Sword Intuition. Fantastic. Better than waxing and no stubble.!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Actually I've used those disposable ones and they aren't too bad at all. But I use a Venus one myself.

Epilater...just no *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 monsoonish78

ASIL1983 wrote: »
    Agreed, of all the disposables I've used I reckon these are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

ASIL1983 wrote: »

Yeah, them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Faith wrote: »

im on my 3rd try , and it still hurts, not as much as the 1st go but still, and i have a very high pain threshold..

but end results are is sooo much better than using razors or veet and what not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Flat2dmat

Mach 3 blades are the best, no doubt. used to try all the girly ones but none compared to my boyfriends' Mach 3s (which I had to use once when stuck and haven't looked back since)! think the girly ones spend more money on advertising than making the blades any good.
    blades down here cost €15, up north £4. you decide!!

Advertisement