Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom termination fee 197€ when I change house?Help

Options
  • 11-03-2009 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I've change my flat and get smart telecom in my new flat.I had the smart Telecom in my old house for 7 months then i get that everything is fine and bill for -2.64€ now after 1 month I get another bill for 197.31€ which includes termination fee. I thought that i can resign after 6six month when i moving to another house without any problems.I know that contract is for 12 months. Anybody can help me with that or i need to pay this money??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

devil-80 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I've change my flat and get smart telecom in my new flat.I had the smart Telecom in my old house for 7 months then i get that everything is fine and bill for -2.64€ now after 1 month I get another bill for 197.31€ which includes termination fee. I thought that i can resign after 6six month when i moving to another house without any problems.I know that contract is for 12 monhs. Anybody can help me with that or i need to pay this money??

Thanks

Hi there - give the guys a call tomorrow morning 1890 945 300 - if you had service in your old place and are taking Smart in the new place then they should be able to help out. Make sure you have your account number etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Ill do that. I read my cession and it was written that " the termination fee (should it apply) will be waived in circumstances where you have less than 6 month remaining on your existing contract and you avail of our service at our new address" so if I understand that i shouldn't pay that fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kudzRS

devil-80 wrote: »
    Ill do that. I read my cession and it was written that " the termination fee (should it apply) will be waived in circumstances where you have less than 6 month remaining on your existing contract and you avail of our service at our new address" so if I understand that i shouldn't pay that fee.

have you set up a new account with Smart at your new address yet... the termination fee does not get waived until the new account at the new address completes.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Yes is already set up at my new address from 2 weeks. Ill ring them and see whats going on.
    Thanks

Ok I rang them few minutes ago and they should cancel it.

Advertisement