Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help embedding a game and also a song

Options
  • 11-03-2009 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

I was wondering how would i embed this game(1.3mb) that would allow it play in a web browser.You can download it here.

http://2dboy.com/2009/03/06/the-world-of-goo-wasnt-built-in-a-day-part-1-of-7/

I was also wondering is it possible to play a song automatically when a website opens or to have a command button to play a song.I was hoping ye could give examples of both please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭owenmakken

you cant embed exe's onto HTML there chief, if it was flash thatd be a different, there is a way to convert to java and you create a servlet but thatd prob take some skillz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

is it possible to play a song automatically when a website opens
    Yes. But don't. Few things make me leave a site as fast...

owenmakken wrote: »
    you cant embed exe's onto HTML there chief, if it was flash thatd be a different, there is a way to convert to java and you create a servlet but thatd prob take some skillz

Do you think you have those skillz;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Please read the charter and stickies about soliciting work on this forum, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Yes. But don't. Few things make me leave a site as fast...

Agreed. (Provide a "Play" button on the page for users to press for the music instead)

Also, if you automatically play music, then as users go from page to page, the music will keep restarting. Unless you use frames, but that would make things even worse as regards SEO, bookmarking, etc.

So can anyone give an example of an embedded music player,all i can find are quicktime ones and that isnt what i want.

Advertisement