Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date Night

• 11-03-2009 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Inspired by the thread about places to meet women in Waterford thats not a bar!!

Stage 2 - You met a cracker, now what??

Where/what is there to do in waterford for a day/night out with someone??

All ive got is the cinema which i think is a terrible date, 2 hours of ye not talking but sitting beside each other psh!!

Nice walk on the beach maybe for day time i guess is nice!!

Any good reasonably prices places to go for dinner?

Any other wild suggestions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭recharge

park the car in woodstown and make sure you have a condem!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Geoffs at lunchtime for coffee and a bit of grub. If she wants wine or vodka instead of coffee, she's a keeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

2 fishing rods and head down to the 'quay river'?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

old gregg wrote: »
    2 fishing rods and head down to the 'quay river'?
    Pure class:D,
    What about a bit of bowling?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

lunch in geoffs does sound good actually!!
    thanks for that!!

bowling is handy the odd time, but im a small bit competitive and the temptation to destroy her at it would be too much, im pretty sure that'd be a date ruiner!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

bring her up to the old park to the winos then afterwards ride her.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

recharge wrote:
    park the car in woodstown and make sure you have a condem!!!!!!!!
    Partizan wrote: »
    bring her up to the old park to the winos then afterwards ride her.

If you have nothing useful to contribute, dont contribute at all.

Anymore stupid comments like the above and bans will be issued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Sully wrote: »
    If you have nothing useful to contribute, dont contribute at all.

Anymore stupid comments like the above and bans will be issued.
    ah sully where,s your sense of humour

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ah sully where,s your sense of humour

Not in this thread anyway. We get enough complaints about people derailing threads and have already got complaints about this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Theres a few things that ye can do, depending on what you and "the cracker" are into

- nice walk on tramore beach followed by a trip to freddies to win/lose money

- cinema, but as the OP said himself, you can't really talk to each other

- places like geoffs and the Kazbar are good for daytime grub

- my other half loves going shopping, as long as I buy. make sure you have money

- you could be cheap and stay in all day watching movies on your hard drive:D

- is she into the xbox 360 by any chance, good few 2 player games on that ye can go wild on

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Off the top of my head here is my 2 cents
    • Kilmeadon Vintage Train - Doesnt operate all year round.
    • Walk in JFK Park, New Ross, fantastic place to go for a walk.
    • Bowling, Ardkeen
    • Dunmore East Adventure Center - learn to Sail or Kayak. I did the sailing with a few lads from work and we had great fun.
    • www.seapaddling.com - evening kayaking is the best during the summer. Mick the owner/instructor is dead sound and I guarantee you will love it. Look at the photos on the website. You dont need to swim, life jacket supplied and the only people who tip over at the messers. An instructor goes out with you all the time and shows you cool hidden places that you need a kayak to see.
    • Wii Games - women love the wii games, get her on a wii board and watch her do the hoops :D. Playstation Buzz is a good too.
    • Bellissimo Restaurant, Ardkeen - light enough food not too heavy.
    • Drive to the Hook - via the ferry at passage east.
    • Copper Coast Drive
    • Horse Riding
    • Go Karting - Kiltorcan Raceway Kart Circuit, 15 mins outside the city. Could be iffy cause a lot of girls dont digg karting much. Kind of falls into the same category of Paintball as been to ladish - could be a turnoff
    • Go on Cooking lessons together - Phelim Byrne or Dunbrody House
    • Lastly you could bring her to my table quiz March 26th in the Mansion Hse Pub and help me raise loads of money for the Irish Hospice Foundation :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

A few ideas:

- Lunch in Geoffs as previously mentioned.
    - Walk on Tramore or Woodstown beach (weather permitting!!)
    - A drive down along the coast road, stopping off in various spots
    - Comeragh Mountain drive, Mahon falls etc..
    - Horse riding/treking, good fun and suitable for all skill levels
    - Surf Lessons in Tramore (weather permitting)

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

dinner and the comedy club in Revolution?

Menu selection is very good and varied,prices are reasonable, comedy club is generally a good laugh and more interactive then the cinema. And its something different in this neck of the woods i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

If you want the big romantic factor. Take her for a nice walk in Woodstock, Inistioge. There is a nice cafe/resturant called Circle of Friends for a bit to eat. A few pubs there as well. If you need more info let me know. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sully wrote: »
    Not in this thread anyway. We get enough complaints about people derailing threads and have already got complaints about this thread.

Ah, and I had a great smart ass answer lined up and all :(

Can't beat a good meal IMO.

Any of the Italians around are very romantic.

Harlequin in particular is a fantastic Italian cafe/wine bar.......

no good with street names but its close to the old de la salle centre, just up the hill a bit from the old cinema.....

great staff and great food. the laid back atmosphere would be sure to help on a date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

There's some really good suggestions for you already.

No better way of getting to know someone like a good walk and talk though. Save the more energetic activities until you get to know her better - no point in choosing a date she may not like. Maybe try a stroll around Kennedy Park in New Ross? Or a beach walk in Tramore, Woodstown or the harbour area in Dunmore.

I reckon I'll be more use to you when you start the 'First Base' thread though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

kryogen wrote: »
    Harlequin in particular is a fantastic Italian cafe/wine bar.......

no good with street names but its close to the old de la salle centre, just up the hill a bit from the old cinema.....

great staff and great food. the laid back atmosphere would be sure to help on a date

Steven Street,

Simon is the chap who runs the place. Nice lads in there and it has a nice atmosphere very laid back compared to say the LaPalma's of waterford.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

some great suggestions in this thread....and people say there's nothing to do in Waterford. There's always something to do that doesn't involve drinking

ziedth wrote: »
    Steven Street,

Simon is the chap who runs the place. Nice lads in there and it has a nice atmosphere very laid back compared to say the LaPalma's of waterford.

the lads are a good laugh and nice guys too yeah, although i do miss alessandro when i go in there these days!

Simone is a good lad though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Off the top of my head here is my 2 cents

Kilmeadon Vintage Train - Doesnt operate all year round.

Nice to walk along the tracks when the weather is good however, which can be done year round.
    Walk in JFK Park, New Ross, fantastic place to go for a walk.

Drive a little bit past the main gates to the park and take a left. This brings you to the the highest point in Co. Wexford (possibly only south Co. Wexford) with some great views of the surrounding counties on a clear day.

While you are in the area Duncannon beach is fairly nice and there is pub grub in the place just by the beach.

If eating in Waterford The Bistro on Patrick St is a favourite of mine. I hear good things about the place beside Manor Village too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Any good reasonably prices places to go for dinner?
    In relation to dinner for a first date, i think you have to gauge people differently. Not everyone is big into eating out. Some like to dress up and other like a casual meal out. That's my experience on the dating field in waterford.

If a girl is stylish and like to dress up you could up the tempo a bit on places you probably never have been too or have only been too the odd time. Like say La Boheme, tad bit pricey but well worth it. For more casual, really relaxed & not as expensive you could try Bellisimos out in Ardkeen or La Taverna opposite Peter Marks.

Really you want a few women replying to this thread and giving their views of what worked and didn't work for them on first dates in waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 lollypop41

I hear what your saying about the cinema not talking for two hours but in my experience it helps you to kinda relax and afterwards you could spin out to tramore for a walk and a chat and if the conversation is hard like it can be on a first date you can talk about the film you just watched it can help break the ice thats what me and my current partner did on our first date and things are still good over two years later :)

Advertisement