Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many girls claim that the bodybuilder look isn't attractive...really?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's the whole ****ing ' look at me adonis, gods gift to womonhood ' I hate ....when the fact is the guy is probably the biggest asshole in the neighbourhood .

Having said that I am sure their are some really nice body builders with personalitys to go with the body :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭KieranKennedy

fionnmar wrote: »
    meh..wouldnt have any truc with those bodybuidlers. Real men show their real men qualities in other ways. Strength of character, personality. Sometimes, physical vulnerability is very attractive, for example I know someone who is crosseyed and he is so damn attractive, just funny and down to earth, thats what cuts it. feck muscles.

Body builders can have these so called "real men qualities" too, they just add to it with the ability to tear the average skinny waster limb from limb if it came to the crunch, a masculine, sexy, dominant trait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

taconnol wrote: »

Nah, they're women, it's empowering for them to take steroids to get to an unnatural size and any man who says they're ugly is a chauvinist and feels threatened by them.

But really, they're just on steroids.

Body builders can have these so called "real men qualities" too, they just add to it with the ability to tear the average skinny waster limb from limb if it came to the crunch, a masculine, sexy, dominant trait.
    Indeed,as long as he's not a psychopath.

Nutting shexy bout dat !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

latchyco wrote: »
    It's the whole ****ing ' look at me adonis, gods gift to womonhood ' I hate ....when the fact is the guy is probably the biggest asshole in the neighbourhood .

Having said that I am sure their are some really nice body builders with personalitys to go with the body :)

Considering you have "look at me adonis, gods gift to womanhood" in quotation marks, I take it this is a statement made by a real person and you forgot to reference who they are? Otherwise you just sound a bit insecure and bitter. You've judged a guy to be the biggest asshole in the neighbourhood, solely on a pass time he enjoys. Well bully for you. Your second statement isn't really enough to hide the judgemental and ill informed tone of the first I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

The reality of the situation is that many women find it very attractive, but they realise, themselves being pretty average looking, that they could never hope to be involved with a man like that, so rather than admit this to themselves they deny that they would even want these type of men in the first place, thus appearing as if they are not put out by the fact that they cannot get these men

Ew, no way.

I could never hope to be involved with James Marsden or Matthew McConaughey but that doesn't stop me thinking they're fabulous and dreaming about it.

Being that muscular is just horrible. There's nothing in the least bit attractive about it. It's just unnatural. I would much prefer a tubby man than a steroid-filled creature who spends all his time in a gym painting fake tan on himself and getting larger by the day.

The size of a man's heart is one hundred times more important than the size of his muscles.

What people need to remember is that the relative strength difference between a man and a woman is similar that seen when a normal dude is compared to a bodybuilder. That means that compared to body builders, a lot of dudes would be nothing more than frilly underpants wearing girls, and there is not a whole lot sexy about that, now is there? A body builder is a real man, one who can back up his words with strong actions, and who can tear your to shreds if you disagree.

Considering you have "look at me adonis, gods gift to womanhood" in quotation marks, I take it this is a statement made by a real person and you forgot to reference who they are? Otherwise you just sound a bit insecure and bitter. You've judged a guy to be the biggest asshole in the neighbourhood, solely on a pass time he enjoys.
    Sorry but I did say also I am sure their are some nice body builders who have the personality to go with the body .I have met some big muscular guys ,ugly ****ers with the personality of a cockroache. Usually the womon on his arm is a trophy to be shown off .
    Well bully for you. Your second statement isn't really enough to hide the judgemental and ill informed tone of the first I'm afraid.
    What can I say , bitter and insecure dont come into it. The nighbourhood guy in question is a bore . Some guys just want to get big so the can pick on /show off / bully other guys .Suppose it's the same in the animal kigndom .Like the lion will devour the gazelle .

fonpokno wrote: »
    Ew, no way.

I could never hope to be involved with James Marsden or Matthew McConaughey but that doesn't stop me thinking they're fabulous and dreaming about it.

Being that muscular is just horrible. There's nothing in the least bit attractive about it. It's just unnatural. I would much prefer a tubby man than a steroid-filled creature who spends all his time in a gym painting fake tan on himself and getting larger by the day.

The size of a man's heart is one hundred times more important than the size of his muscles.

Really? Cool. The heart is a muscle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

fonpokno wrote: »
    Ew, no way.

Hear hear. My thoughts exactly.

Funny, threads like this make me think just how much for men, attraction is a physical thing, while for women its really the whole package (no pun intended).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Really? Cool. The heart is a muscle

Not a visible one thank Jebus. It's the visible ones that are petrifyingly huge.

Some women will find it attractive, other women wouldn't. I'm one who doesn't find it nice in the least. My best friend loves muscular men.
    That means that compared to body builders, a lot of dudes would be nothing more than frilly underpants wearing girls, and there is not a whole lot sexy about that, now is there?

My boyfriend isn't a bodybuilder by any stretch of the imagination. He carries a little extra weight and he has the most gorgeous body. I could just look at him all day. If he got all muscular I'd be much less attracted to him.
    A body builder is a real man, one who can back up his words with strong actions, and who can tear your to shreds if you disagree.

And you think that's an admirable trait do you?

Also, a body builder is real man? Bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

What people need to remember is that the relative strength difference between a man and a woman is similar that seen when a normal dude is compared to a bodybuilder. That means that compared to body builders, a lot of dudes would be nothing more than frilly underpants wearing girls, and there is not a whole lot sexy about that, now is there? A body builder is a real man, one who can back up his words with strong actions, and who can tear your to shreds if you disagree.

A body builder isn't the toughest of the tough. Try your claim in the self defence and martial arts forum and you'll be laughed out of there. body builders do not equal tough. by any means. something to think about maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

A little bit muscular is nice, but that bodybuilding stuff ...

*shudder
    *ewww
    *nooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Charcoal

Men bulking up to look like Arnie is similar to women starving themselves to look like Posh - very few men find Posh's body attractive.
    Masculine, sexy, dominant = big muscles? You have a lot to learn a mhac!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

This thread is hilarious.

OP aggrieved at not getting any gash perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sean_K wrote: »
    OP aggrieved at not getting any gash perhaps?
    Most likely - OP really does sound a little butthurt.

RedXIV wrote: »
    A body builder isn't the toughest of the tough. Try your claim in the self defence and martial arts forum and you'll be laughed out of there. body builders do not equal tough. by any means. something to think about maybe?

Martial arts is about as useful in a real fight as a condom full of rat poison. It is a social club where people go to meet people and get a bit of exercise, until you get up to a seriously, seriously high level, but for the most part that never occurs. If a skinny computer programmer who goes to taekwondo after work two nights a week got into any sort of argument with a body builder the council would be scraping him up off the road with a shovel the next morning thats right.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..............HAHAHAHAHA..........HA:pac:
    And heres me thinkin a real man can turn his head without moving his upperbody
    RedXIV wrote: »
    This man speaks the truth.Thumbs up to you sir:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

So you think women should find violence appealing too? Clearly I've been watching the wrong chick flicks.... Is there a directors cut of Beaches I'm missing out on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Martial arts is about as useful in a real fight as a condom full of rat poison. It is a social club where people go to meet people and get a bit of exercise, until you get up to a seriously, seriously high level, but for the most part that never occurs. If a skinny computer programmer who goes to taekwondo after work two nights a week got into any sort of argument with a body builder the council would be scraping him up off the road with a shovel the next morning thats right.

:rolleyes:

sounds like a gym to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Best of luck with that argument my friend, just hope the guys you mess with are doing the "useless" martial arts you're talking about. I've tried my hand at a fair few, every one has it's merits. bodybuilding focus's on developing muscles, not how to take someone down. don't depend on it in a fight, you'll lose

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

As proven on many occasions:rolleyes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho2MUZBtAwM

Although this isnt really the forum for this discussion so thats the last ill say on it

Sorry Ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You don't need to bodybuild to be fit, or powerful for that matter.

I know someone who could probably break a solid wall with a backfist, and can break a few inches of wood with their fingertips. He's in his 30s or 40s, about 5'10 and probably doesn't weigh more than 70kg. You could say he pretty much looks like a stick, but he could literally kill you with his fingers.

I know quite a few people who aren't bulky, but do have six packs showing (I'm a few %bodyfat off of it) and a decent fit build. I don't see the need for 17 inch muscles tbh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEvG2luTwLo

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Perused a few of your old posts there, op. You are really trying to be a funny little scut...;)

I think one Ross O Carroll-Kelly is enough, try and come up with a more original boards.ie character.:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

"Strength" is relative and contextual, hence women, who by virtue of millennia of selection and practice, have very finely attuned senses regarding male "strength". If they selected for overly heavy muscled men, well then they would be the norm and clearly they are not. Bill Gates is a weed and no matter how many hours another man may spend in the gym, or how many roids another man may imbibe, he would still be the most powerful man in most rooms. He can hire muscle that can tear you to shreds, if needs must. Social power is where it's at. In a gym context the big guy is at the zenith and fair play to him and all the damned hard work he puts in, but life does not exist in a gym or bodybuliding competition so that point is largely moot. If you then suggest that "in the wild" a man like that is better, well then you have to offset the amount of food and time and other resources he would take up(and the fact his competition fat levels would be unsustainable and unhealthy). A woman 60,000 years ago would equally look at him with a more discerning eye and say no thanks. Look at the male appreciation thread hereabouts. Lean muscled guys yes, extreme bodybuilders no. There are so many reasons why.

Then again I sniff some troll so it'll be interesting to see how this develops.

Hey I'm a skinny guy, but in this context Im a mod and I can ban a big fella with minimal muscle strain, so therefore muscles mean naught in this context. QED

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

What bodybuilders need to remember is that virtually noone except bodybuilders really gives a sh1t.YEah cool,you could tear someone to shreds assuming they werent able to evade you,but look at the amount of time and effort (not too mention the *ahem supplements;) that it requires to be like that.
    Now don't get me wrong,I respect the commitment of anyone who devotes his/her time to a pursuit they love and I certainly have no problem with bodybuilders,but to come on (as I percieve you are) like bodybuilders are somehow superior to regular sized joes?Well to me that's laughable.
    The amount of calories you need just to keep going if you're that size must cost a fortune:p
    I think what can put some women off them is the sheer amount of vanity that can come with it but I'm a guy so don't quote me.
    I'm sure that as with anything else,people's tastes vary,but you're attitude is hilarious.(trolltastic)
    I think that pound per pound that you build more relative strength by lifting your own bodyweight.Press-ups/pull-ups etc.
    While those muscle guys look impressive i think that when it comes down to it the leaner athletes have more real strength/stamina/durability.
    I remember that Network 2 Treasure Island show years ago and the beefy weight lifter guy was useless after a few days because they didnt have enough food to keep him going haha

It's insecurity in the first place that turns a lot men onto bodybuilding .If your a skinny 8 stone wimp who's being bullied all your life then you are going to try make amends to up the ante a bit in your favour and nothing wrong in bulking up and wanting to look good .I spent years in gyms myself working out

But we all cant all be www wrestlers :D

What bodybuilders need to remember is that virtually noone except bodybuilders really gives a sh1t.YEah cool,you could tear someone to shreds assuming they werent able to evade you,but look at the amount of time and effort (not too mention the *ahem supplements;) that it requires to be like that.
    Now don't get me wrong,I respect the commitment of anyone who devotes his/her time to a pursuit they love and I certainly have no problem with bodybuilders,but to come on (as I percieve you are) like bodybuilders are somehow superior to regular sized joes?Well to me that's laughable.
    The amount of calories you need just to keep going if you're that size must cost a fortune:p
    I think what can put some women off them is the sheer amount of vanity that can come with it but I'm a guy so don't quote me.
    I'm sure that as with anything else,people's tastes vary,but you're attitude is hilarious
    My sentiments entirely :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i think Op is a winde up merchant....

if not my god I've never heard such a BONE HEAD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement