Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empire Total war What faction did you Pick

Options
  • 12-03-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

I picked the Martha Confederacy i thought it was a good starting postion its isolated and near trading spots its worked out well so far . Those dam europeans keeps demanding different regions from me though !!! Little do they know i have my dry dock built and am amassing a big navy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I picked the Martha Confederacy i thought it was a good starting postion its isolated and near trading spots its worked out well so far . Those dam europeans keeps demanding different regions from me though !!! Little do they know i have my dry dock built and am amassing a big navy :)

Started as Britain, won the game.

Just about to start a new game as Ireland. /just need to finish a 2500 word essay first, it's due tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The Frenchies!

Nearly taken over the entire world, just have to betray my long standing alliance with the Spanish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I started of as spain and then I got that A.I bug where it crashes during the A.I turn :mad: so now im sweden and Im enjoying them more :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I picked Russia, but am sucking big time. Both Georgia and Sweden declared war on me, fairly early on, and have kept me boxed in. Running out of money, and dont have an semplance of a navy yet. Not looking good for the old ruskies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I started of as spain and then I got that A.I bug where it crashes during the A.I turn :mad: so now im sweden and Im enjoying them more :)

Same but I went for France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Picked Prussia and invaded Poland in the first turn, true German style! and then Poland and their allies all declared war on me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Picked Prussia and invaded Poland in the first turn, true German style! and then Poland and their allies all declared war on me. :D

Laughed out loud !!!!! :D:D:)

I've not had a chance to start the main campaign yet, and from reading the above none seems to have more of an advantage than anyone else

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just about to start a new game as Ireland. /just need to finish a 2500 word essay first, it's due tomorrow.

You can play as Ireland? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I'm jealous, this is the first total war game I wont be playing, the PC is too **** to play it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i picked prussia.

i didnt want to be one of the really major powers and have it easy and i also didnt want to dive right in at the deap end so i picked a small state to ease myself in.
    its going well enough, i've expanded a bit and now im building up my economy and researching before the next war. i want to be damn sure im ready cuz i have no idea how the web of alliances and protectorates will react to aggression from me and there are a lot of big boys very near me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I played as America after finishing the Road to Revolution Campaign. I wiped out the Cherokee, Iroquois and Pueblo nations first. I then made the mistake of declaring war on Morrocco as they were cutting off my trade with the Ottoman Empire. What i did'nt know was that they had loads of fleets and they managed to cut off all my trade with Europe.

As my navy was weak i sent an army on a boat and ended up conquering Morrocco who had a population of 5 million compared to the total population of a few hundered thousand i had in North America. Iv now turned my attention to the French in North America and Barbary States in North Africa.

I failed my mission objection though (which was conquer something like 15 regions by 1810, i started the campaign in 1778) but i carried on playing anyway.

I might play as Prussia in my next campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i didnt know u could be Ireland in this

Ireland are one of the emergant factions in the game, so you can only play them (afaik) with a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

anyone else pick martha confederacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I picked sweden because of their position and wealth. Once you take norway, you really only have to guard one front and its easier. I destroyed denmark first, and am currently at war with Poland/lithuania and also russia.

Took several towns from the russians and then declared a truce. I have five large armies ready at the borders and am planning a synchronised strike at russia's last 5 provinces. should be great :D

The swedes are quite wealthy....I've never had a money problem especially as the whole world wants to trade with me.

I never have enough money. I'm playing as Russia (havent played in a few days now though) and having a huge problem with money. I've only 1 or 2 big armies, no navy at all, and now i'm facing a war on three sides (Sweden, Georgia and some 1 nation nation). Getting less then 1k per turn, and things are looking bad. Might have to sacrifice some territory, and fortify my main regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

magick wrote: »
    i didnt know u could be Ireland in this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055509676

Advertisement