Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob Quinn v Micheal Putlick WIMAAO SW IRISH TITLE Fight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Great fight, did he receive 2 belts for that fight or does he already hold a title?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Rob gets one Belt. The WIMAAO Irish Title.
    However the other one is the WKL belt. WIMAAO is part of WKL so he is essentially WIMAAO AND WKL Irish champion. The sanctioning for the Wimaao belt was paid for by Spartan Promotions to be fought for in our Promotion only. So Rob keeps the belt as long as hes Champ and if he wants the other one he can pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Jaysus, what are the rules for this fight or was the ref asleep?
    Holding the cage to prevent take-downs, several heel kicks to the face on the ground (on more than one occasion) and repeated strikes to the back of the head :eek:
    Exciting fight by two warriors but the ref should have provided a bit more protection and enforced the rules for the safety of the fighters and the good of the sport in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Again I'll have to agree with Kent on this one. The amount of times the cage was grabbed was crazy, and with no points taken away! But the kicking to the head on the ground was ridiculous.

Even after the ref was informed of this it continued into the later rounds. Rob face took alot of unnecessary damage in that fight and from what I can see alot of it was from head kicks on the ground. Im glad he won tbh. He was a real warrior and just got on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

The amount of times the cage was grabbed was crazy, and with no points taken away!

Micheal did have points deducted for his conduct.

Also i would like to say now that Micheal is Polish and has a poor grasp of English. When i was shouting at him at cageside to stop he did not pick up why i was saying it.
    I have already discussed this with JK and Rob.
    Weither the Ref was too lax or not i will not comment on. It was beyond my control. And to be honest i will use the same ref again in future as refs are hard to come by because of the flack they recive.
    I also would like to say dont let this cloud the fact that these two lads had a very tough fight and Rob is a worthy champion that i am proud to have on our Promotion.

Thanks
    Marty

• Advertisement
Advertisement