Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WCW vhs videos on adverts.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'll allow this on the same grounds that I allowed the other thread recently along the same lines, but any bumping or trying to do dealings on here will result in the deletion of the thread. Discussion is fine, doing financial dealings is not. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

no problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

EVERYBODY should own a copy of Uncensored 99

Main event was Hogan v Flair in a First blood barbed wire steel cage match, and if that's not exciting enough for you...

If flair wins he will become WCW Commissioner FOR LIFE!!......But if the bold Hollywood Hogan wins Flair must retire :(

"Gentlemen history is being made, we could see flair for the very last time..."

The build up before the match is amazing. "LOOOOOOOOOWer THE CAGE" etc..

and of course then there's the epic ending to the first blood barbed wire steel cage match :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCXGnWNC9AU

God I love WCW. Id buy that video off you myself if I didn't already own 2 of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

so did I as you can tell by my videos!

switched watching from wwf to wcw, when bret hart left and cause i thought dx was LAME and pretty much killed proper wrestling!

WCW was sooooo much better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

WCW was sooooo much better!

Just a shame that from about April 1998 (Shortly after Michaels finished up), their PPV buyrates and TV ratings strongly disagreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Just a shame that from about April 1998 (Shortly after Michaels finished up), their PPV buyrates and TV ratings strongly disagreed.

exactly and in truth wwf were better long before they beat wcw in the ratings, i really think wwf starting moving up a gear after WM13 propelled by that truly amazing bret/austin match, their angles were better bret/austin, bret hates america, DX/mike tyson/austin/vince and more importantly mainevent matches were in a different league completely

wcw probably had the best undercard ever assembled by any american organisation in terms of pure talent at that time (mysterio, eddie, benoit, malenko, ultimo, jericho all in their primes, assisted by guys like Juventud Guerrera, Psychosis who were also young and eager. wcws main event was the complete opposite, most of the worst main events in recent years are all in wcw circa 1996-1999

1997 crippled WCW in such a sh*tty way. The NWO stuff was the same stuff repeated week in and week out. Between Savage's feud with DDP that seemed to have gone on FORRREEVERRR, The Horsemen were reformed, but then thrown into seperate meaningless feuds (Benoit/Sullivan, Mongo & Jarrett/Public Enemy, Flair, Piper, Greene/Hall, Nash, Syxx, and Hogan/Sting), all which went nowhere. By the time Hogan/Sting finished up at Starrcade that year, the majority no longer cared.

And this is what used to piss me off about people blaming Vince Russo killing WCW. Because WCW was dead long before Russo came along, Russo was just saddled with the bag, but in all fairness to him, the only thing he was really guilty of was holding the murder weapon in the sense that he didn't exactly help the situation, but nothing could help the promotion by the time 1998 came along, again due to bad management and the fact that people got paid before they had their matches. Piss poor locker room morale, and little or no motivation.

It was a breeding farm for younger talent, and WWE took the guts of them as 99-01 went by, and left those who crossed McMahon in the past (Luger, Jarrett, Douglas, etc) for dead.

As someone who has spent the last seven years trading and selling pro wrestling VHS tapes, i can safely guarantee that you're not going to get anywhere near the asking price as a lot of those tapes aren't that rare!

If they were 94-96 PPVs maybe, but not those, especially the superstar series.

Advertisement