Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dvd burning. not a clue.

• 12-03-2009 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭

I have a divx .avi file I need to get put onto a dvd so it will play on any dvd player. I have nero 6 but im not even sure if that can do it.

can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Pretty sure Nero Vision can do it, dunno if its in Nero 6 or not.

If not you'll have to convert the video to something like mpg or similar.

You could convert the file using Super. Nero Vision and Super both lengthy process' for creating compatible dvd files (presuming the dvd can't handle divx)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

If your DVD player can play DivX then all you need to do is start up Nero 6 (using Nero SmartStart) and 'Burn a Data Disc.' Drag your .avi into the window and you're away.

If ,however your DVD player can't play DivX then you need to convert your .avi file to a DVD (.vob files). Ther are a lot of good free programs available to do this - just google. They'll come with great wizards that'll convert then burn your file to disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

any one you could recommend? I dont want to go downloading the first thing I get up on google without a recomendation. Ill also try the data dvd as Im not sure if the dvd player can play it but I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you go to sites like download.com and similar they'll have reviews of the software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

You should see the logo on the DVD player itself.

divx_logo21.gif

I can't really recommend software as most of what I used was expensive stuff I got from my cousins in America. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

hussey wrote: »

The second is free, would highly recomend the paid one convert x though

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

newbie2 wrote: »
    You should see the logo on the DVD player itself.

divx_logo21.gif

I can't really recommend software as most of what I used was expensive stuff I got from my cousins in America. ;)
    I have american cousins who get me DS games too :p

thanks all for the help I got one.

Advertisement