Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Carkit

• 12-03-2009 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Does anybody know of a wired in bluetooth kit that can be pared to two phones at the same time? I've a work and personal phone and would like to be able to connect to both?

Ant idea's or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

While I am not an expert on car kits, I know the two that I have come across in the last couple have weeks have both had the ability to pair with more than one phone.

One car kit was a Sony Ericsson H-somethingorother, the other was a crappy cigarette-lighter job, bought in LIDL for €29. (to call it crappy is to do it a great disservice, it's actually a pretty cool piece of kit for the price).

At a guess, I would say most, if not all, bluetooth kits can connect to more than one phone. Then again, I am by no means an expert on these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Most car kits can handle more than one phone, (my parrot mk6100 does) though not at the same time.
    I read somewhere that the parrot mki9200 might do what you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

billbond4 wrote: »
    Most car kits can handle more than one phone, (my parrot mk6100 does) though not at the same time.
    I read somewhere that the parrot mki9200 might do what you want

Thanks. Thats what I want, a kit that will take 2 phones at the same time.I'll take a look at the mki9200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

yeah the mki9200 will but both phones need to have "stereo" bluetooth which i believe is v2.0 bluetooth, basically any new phone like the e series or n series nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    yeah the mki9200 will but both phones need to have "stereo" bluetooth which i believe is v2.0 bluetooth, basically any new phone like the e series or n series nokia.

Cool, 1 of the phones is an E51 but the other one is an older 6230i.
    Will that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭futurec

I fit cakits for a living and have yet to come accross a kit that will let you use 2 phones at once
    Most of the parrot kits with let you pair up to 7 phones but you can only use one at a time with the kit but you do have the facility to toggle between each phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It doesn't make sense to be able to use two phones at the one time - there is only one set of car stereo speakers.

I presume the OP means having two paired, switched on, and when a call comes in on either, it goes to the car kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Another way of going around this is to get a phone that can handle 2 sim cards, and then get ANY Bluetooth kit.

A friend has a phone like this and works beautifully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Can you tell me what model phone is the dual sim phone.
    I'd be interested in that.

Advertisement