Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sleep ...>_<

Options
  • 12-03-2009 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

hey guys:)

what time do you guys go to bed and get up at? are ye getting your 8hrs beauty sleep ?:p

i am always tired..i am so much of a 'night person'i get work done in the evening, but in order to do that, i need to drink loads of tea n coffee to keep me awake ( sometimes they don't even work)..i usually end up in bed around 1ish if not later ...and have get up before 8 for school..O.o..:( it's such a pain to be getting up for school...:oi am tired in school as well..so annoying

ok rant over
    anyone else having the same prob?:rolleyes:

ah may be i should be going to bed now rather than on boards ..lol
    117eplf.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Oh god, it's so important to get proper sleep. I'm not one to speak (1am was the earliest I'd go to sleep during the LC, but I was able to get up at 8.30... : p), but if you consistently get less sleep than you need, you'll tire yourself out and get sick. You don't want to get sick! I'm after spending the week in bed/deliriously dragging myself to my exams because I don't sleep enough. What's worse, losing an hour of work (or possibly internet : p) time in the evenings, or ending up missing days of school and falling behind because you're totall wrecked?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Try to get to bed by 11.30pm (don't get asleep till usually 12.30) and then I'm up at about 8.15am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

I usually go to bed around 9 or 10 (yes, I'm THAT cool!) but most nights I'd watch a movie in bed or something. I'd either get up at 7.30/8.00 depending on whether I'm driving or getting the school bus.
    I'm not able to function the next day if i go to school after 12.
    I'm not able to sleep in on the weekend either so that probably makes me more concious of my sleep patterns during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

For the last few years I've gone to bed around 1am having to get up at 8am. It killed me.

I'm in bed by nowadays by 12pm at the latest.

I'm always starving after school though. I need to bring more sandwiches to school!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

On the same boat as yeah always go around 1 am. I feel much better though if I go before 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

my mum has recently given me a bed time of 10.... because i'm too tired all the time. I basically just have to be in my room by then (i'm THAT cool) usually go asleep for about 11, if it's any later than that i can't get up. Get up abou half 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

wow, I'm the saddest one here.
    I'm in bed by ten if i can then watch telly and asleep by half ten/defintely before eleven) BUT,i'm up at 7 every morning including a sleep into half 7 at the weekends (f***ing farming always something to do) and btw how is it anyone can fail this whole lc thing i mean i'm basically working two jobs and still at the top of most of my classes(I'm like sooooo stuck up right there:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

wow, I'm the saddest one here.
    I'm in bed by ten if i can then watch telly and asleep by half ten/defintely before eleven) BUT,i'm up at 7 every morning including a sleep into half 7 at the weekends (f***ing farming always something to do) and btw how is it anyone can fail this whole lc thing i mean i'm basically working two jobs and still at the top of most of my classes(I'm like sooooo stuck up right there:o)

Damn stuck up farmers. Think you're better than the rest of us.

I'd usually go to bed around 11. 9 or 10 on days I've training though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

8 hours sleep? Lol. not even close... more like 6-7 at most.

Just not enough hours in the day tbh. I usually get to bed around 12 but cant get to sleep until 1-ish, then around 7:30-8 I'll get up. Usually takes around 30 mins to get out of bed...

Worst thing is I'm never tired going to bed. Damn my night-owl-li-ness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

I'd usually get to bed around 11-12ish and have to be up at 7. It's gets tiring at times but sometimes not even when sleeping the same hours..its strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im generally up till 1/2 and my alarm goes off at half 6.im always up and ready by half 7 though.some times i dont get home from dancing till like half 10 so after having a shower the earliest i could go to bed around then would be 11 like.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

mmmm I do love my sleep. My favourite is Friday night when I can sleep through Saturday morning as much as I want. Trouble with that is I wake up late on Saturday morning and end up going to bed late Saturday night and get up late Sunday morning and then I'm not tired and end up staying up late on Sunday night when I have to be up early for Monday morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Meh,sleep is over-rated,except after a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

8 hours sleep? Lol. not even close... more like 6-7 at most.

Just not enough hours in the day tbh. I usually get to bed around 12 but cant get to sleep until 1-ish, then around 7:30-8 I'll get up. Usually takes around 30 mins to get out of bed...

Worst thing is I'm never tired going to bed. Damn my night-owl-li-ness.

im the very same as that!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

about 2, get up at 8.30 arrive in 10 minutes late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Piste wrote: »
    mmmm I do love my sleep. My favourite is Friday night when I can sleep through Saturday morning as much as I want. Trouble with that is I wake up late on Saturday morning and end up going to bed late Saturday night and get up late Sunday morning and then I'm not tired and end up staying up late on Sunday night when I have to be up early for Monday morning :(

I do the exact same thing. Most nights I get around 6 and a half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm awful, I'm one of those people who see sleeping as a waste of time. I dunno I just can't relax and just.. sleep. I get 4-6hrs every night. I have weird sleeping patterns too, I really need to sort myself out actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

ye i use the hours in bed watching father ted/documentaries talking on chatlines like spinchat(ok its stupid but ive been addicted since i was like 11, been using it ever since.

for my jc year i wasnt going to bed till like 3 and 4 in the morning on that website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I just listen to my ipod for hours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I don't go until it's after 12. It still sometimes takes me a good while to fall asleep. I then get up at 8. It's horrible but I regain it by having lie ins on the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Try to get to bed by 23.00 - 23.30 and then up at 07.20:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I have to get up at like.. 6.45 (Eww, shudder, etc), so ideally I should go to bed at 11, at the latest. That, obviously, never happens.

I usually fall into bed at around 12 or 1, and whinge when it comes around to morning.

I make up for all my lost sleep on the weekends. I've been known to crawl out of bed as late as 3pm on Saturdays :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

alarm off at 7:30
    Wake at 7:50
    Drive to school at 8:20
    after school gym till 6
    Home for dinner and stufy till 9
    work from 9-10
    free time from 10-*
    usually asleep by 1

I think its all catching up with me tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

My routine:

Bed - 1am
    Sleep until alarm goes at 7.45/8am
    Press snooze... get up and open curtains...back to bed... press snooze again... get up at 8.30!
    Drive into school at 8.50
    Never more than one minute late!

I am not a morning person and I make up for lost sleep at the weekend. I work best late at night and it is usually 8.30 before i start study... could stay going til midnight.

I am currently trying to change my patterns but as soon as I get back to normality, it roles into the mid-term/easter or summer hols and that makes a hames of it because slowly but surely I turn into a nocturnal beast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

Go to bed at around 1 a.m.

Up for 6.30.

I then just sleep on Friday afternoon.

I got three hours today! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

After 1ish-8 40ish. i love not getting any breakfeast and tying my tie, whilst cycling my bike, on the way to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I study best after 8 or 9pm ...could keep going for hours...but when i go to bed at 1 or 2 im so wrecked when i get up at 7.30 that i cant concentrate in school all day :mad::mad:
    so i get hardly any sleep, including weekends...training at 10 on a saturday, work at 7 on a sunday :(
    Come on summer!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'm in bed by 11:30 but I don't sleep until after 12.

Then I have to get up at 7:00 :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I go to bed around 11 and get to sleep pretty quickly but I'm ALAWAYS late for school even tho I'm only 10 mins away jus can't get up, don't really see the point goin in wrecked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Try to get to bed at 10 but sometimes I'll read till 11. Have to wake up at 6.45 every morning. :(

Advertisement