Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone going to bloc?

• 12-03-2009 3:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

Im heading on Friday. Looking forward to seeing Surgeon, Rob Hood, James Ruskin and Busy P. The lineup isn't that interesting IMO, but there's go karts and a water park.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

The Line-Up isnt interesting?

God, enlighten me as to what is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

Thats a quality line-up, would love to be going

you cant miss fsol live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Man i eish i was going and i really hope FSOl announce more dates id dearly love to see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

The lineup isn't that interesting IMO, but there's go karts and a water park.

:eek:....Im speechless....
    Ill be there alright, with bells on.

• Advertisement

your joking right,it's worth the entrance feel alone just to see the legendary FSOL.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Im heading on Friday. Looking forward to seeing Surgeon, Rob Hood, James Ruskin and Busy P. The lineup isn't that interesting IMO, but there's go karts and a water park.

Fck.. not an interesting lineup? :confused:

Thats one of the best list of acts I've ever seen playing at the one festival. I really, really, really wish I could be there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Each to their own and all that, but I have to agree with the masses here and say that's a savage line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

FSOL weren't all that good.
    They had problems without audio dropout too since it was a stream.
    Highlight of the festival was Beardyman for me though:p

• Advertisement

Yeah FSOL were terrible. They didn't play any of their best tracks, the whole thing was just a mish mash of ambient sounds and melodies.

The reason I wasn't excited about the line up was because it all seemed quite stale. 8 Years ago I would of been more than happy to see a lot of the acts, but there is loads of new and exciting music being made right now, none of which was reflected in the lineup. (Bar busy p, but I slept through him). I mean they had billy nasty finishing off one of the nights! Talk about a blast from the past

James Ruskin was excellent, highlight of the music for me

Jaysus on some other forums people are saying they were deadly:confused: the atmosphere in those video's looked good and Papua New Guinea was played (someone said they didn't play any of their best tunes?)a mix match of Ambient sounds is exactly what id expect them to play, they are not a peak time Techno act like some were probably expecting.

I know they aren't a peak time techno act (or at least I know they aren't what you think that means) Ive been a fan for years, I know most of their albums really well (not the newest ones) and I didn't recognise any of it. Most of their best work is quite hard and not ambient at all

I didn't hear them play Papua New Guinea, I doubt they did since I don't think I could miss the bassline. When they started playing the room was packed. They managed to clear most of the dancefloor before it ended.

I know they aren't a peak time techno act (or at least I know they aren't what you think that means) Ive been a fan for years, I know most of their albums really well (not the newest ones) and I didn't recognise any of it. Most of their best work is quite hard and not ambient at all

I didn't hear them play Papua New Guinea, I doubt they did since I don't think I could miss the bassline. When they started playing the room was packed. They managed to clear most of the dancefloor before it ended.

I think you may have been caught napping mate;) they did play Papua New Guinea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kLIXRyK1UE

I certainly would not have left that room as id have totally expected them to play an Ambient Set,that is essentially what they are an Ambient act who delve into some experimental Techno and Breakbeats.

I beg to differ about their best work, i think their best album is by far and away Lifeforms which is all Ambient/Chill Out an amazing album.

Oh, I should of guessed they would play it last. I'd left at that stage. I like lifeforms too, but I know what id rather hear when i'm out!

Advertisement