Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New dishwasher

• 12-03-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a value dishwasher or has seen any deals at the moment. I don't want the cheapest as it will be heavily used, but I can't afford top of the range either. I'm in Dorgheda so can go North if necessary, but would ideally like to purchase locally.

Quick question - my current dishwasher has a woden front to it similar to my units - is this is what is meant by integrated? Not fussed on keeping this to be honest so would going for non-integrated make it any cheaper?

Cheers

Jim

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, that means it's integrated. If the panel only covers part fo the dishwasher front, exposing teh dials, it's semi-integrated. If panel covers entier dishwasher door, then it's fully integrated.

Non-integrated (aka free-standing) washers are generally cheaper, yes.

As regards a good washer, maybe consider Bosch or Siemens. Bought an Electrolux myself last year, which came with 5 year parts and labour warranty, think this model is still available (about €450).

As I mentioned in another thread somewhere, we had a Beko dishwasher (about €250) in a house we were renting, and it never gave any bother in over a year that we used it. But maybe we were lucky, and only run every 2-3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dee1dee2

somewhere around collon there is supplier who sells slightly dented electrical goods the parents bought intergrated dishwasher 2 months ago for 180e and its a siemens just had tiny little dent on side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭McNulty

don't suppose you have aname or number for this place? Happy to have a slightly damaged to be honest. feel free to PM if that's easier

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

dee1dee2 wrote: »
    somewhere around collon there is supplier who sells slightly dented electrical goods the parents bought intergrated dishwasher 2 months ago for 180e and its a siemens just had tiny little dent on side
    That was very good for a Siemens, even if there was slight damage! I believe you got a good deal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dee1dee2

will get name and number from my mother today although not sure about number i think someone only gave them directions to this mans shop wil find out for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Scorpio Girl

my friend has a beko and it's constantly used, every day if not twice a day sometimes and she has no problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭themoney

dee1dee2 wrote: »

I know the post quoted above is a little old but does anybody know any contact details for the store Dee1Dee2 is talking about

Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

themoney wrote: »
    does anybody know any contact details for the store Dee1Dee2 is talking about

Cheers

I don't know about that store, but Baize House sell slightly damaged electrical appliances and furniture. They have a branches in Glasnevin and Swords in Dublin.

Advertisement