Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

veggies - new ideas

• 12-03-2009 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I really like having my portion of veggies with the evening meal, but for the past year or so I have been stuck on either steaming vegetables or roasting them in olive oil and herbs. I'm stuck in a rut with this.

Any ideas on something different, easy and simple?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Chargrill on BBQ or griddle (this is great for asparagus). Or sometimes I grate some Parmesean/Pecorino/Grana Padano on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I've recently been boiling cauliflower and broccoli 'til just tender (the cauliflower takes much longer than the broccoli). I then make a cheese sauce with grated cheddar and mustard and pour it over. You can serve it as it is or pour the whole lot into a gratin dish, sprinkle Parmesan or chopped hazelnuts or breadcrumbs (or any combination of the 3) on top and pop under the grill or in the oven until golden brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

salad with fresh lettuce and cheddar, stop eating boiled things! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

Thanks!
    Will give everything a try.... including the salad (although it is kind of like rabbit food).

Advertisement