Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnotts

Options
  • 12-03-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.
    Had planned to make a visit to Arnotts this weekend to look at some Homewares stuff and would love to go to the bargin basement to see if there is anything there going for nothing but I'm just after remembering that Arnotts have moved to the Jervis Street Shopping Centre...

Do they still have a home wares department?

Do they still have a bargain basement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I am pretty sure its all there. Was there last Saturday, good reductions on lots of stuff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

They haven't moved to Jervis but jusy opened another branch there.
    Yep the bargain basement's still there. They've also the Bargain store accessed from Abbey St.And another yep for household furnishings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭julien69

Hello this is Tommy Arnott.Yes we have a lot of good deals on at the moment so why not pop down to one of our stores for a bit of shopping.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

julien69 wrote: »
    Hello this is Tommy Arnott.Yes we have a lot of good deals on at the moment so why not pop down to one of our stores for a bit of shopping.

How's that helpful to the op's simple question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

humberklog wrote: »
    How's that helpful to the op's simple question?

A quick look at his other posts shows he's Sean Quinn and also a postman. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Rumours abound of Arnotts imminent closure - anyone any real evidence of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Gaspode wrote: »

they're not rumours. Arnotts were meant to close last year to start a ginormous revamp and property development. that's why they took the spot in the jervis centre which would keep them trading aminimal amount. As far as i'm aware, market conditions so badly deteriorated, they've put the project on hold for, as far as i'm aware, an undetermined length of time (which could be a few months or a few years).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

humberklog wrote: »
    They haven't moved to Jervis but jusy opened another branch there.
    Yep the bargain basement's still there. They've also the Bargain store accessed from Abbey St.And another yep for household furnishings.

Ah great so they still have the bargain place accessed from Abbey Street.. Great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

dlambirl wrote: »
    Ah great so they still have the bargain place accessed from Abbey Street.. Great, thanks.
    They've an entrance from Abbey Street which leads directly down to the bargain basement in the main store.
    There's also a completely seperate shop, accessed from Abbey St, which has a selection of homewares from the bargain area, that can't be accessed from the main shop though.

Thanks everyone. I was in Arnotts yesterday and got some great bits and bobs. Seemed to be a sale on that finished yesterday...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭catch88

Gaspode wrote: »

The main store is not closing. Doing the new build now in phases.

Ah right..... Well IMHO the new shop in Jervis Street is horrid to shop in!! It was far better when debenhams had it - i dunno just feels too spacey or big or something!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

catch88 wrote: »
    The main store is not closing. Doing the new build now in phases.

thats why they moved into jervis isnt it? debenhams moved out because they took the old roches building so arnotts moved in while the building work is on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Roches is gone???
    I haven't been down henry in yonkers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

dubtom wrote: »
    Roches is gone???
    I haven't been down henry in yonkers.

:eek:

Welcome to the 21st century my friend!!

:D

thats why they moved into jervis isnt it? debenhams moved out because they took the old roches building so arnotts moved in while the building work is on

The big move to Jervis was put on ice long ago. The only reason they even opened the store in Jervis was because the company was being fined by Jervis for having it bordered up.

Whats Roches gone now --- 2 years?!!

They were fined for having it bordered up?? Well Arnotts in the old debenhams is horrible to shop in, really open and clinical. Nobody it in sunday fortnight compared to the old arnotts being packed!!

By the way Topshop will be opening in the main arnotts soon.

Advertisement