Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football 13/03/09: real football for real fans

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

good to see bray looking hard to beat! they'll need to be!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Quint wrote: »
    I heard they're playing decent stuff, they just have no one that will finish it off. Like Arsenal when they lose. (Only drogs are technically better)
    Expect a few low scoring games

no real pace or threat up top at all, i think the midfielders need to be a bit more adventurous with their running and shooting til the forward line is sorted out

Craft25 wrote: »
    good to see bray looking hard to beat! they'll need to be!!

tbh a team with a decent attacker or 2 wouldve had the game wrapped up by half time against them

they did improve a bit in the second half tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Cork City 0-1 Pats :(

City played fairly well tbf, Sully and Dennehy were unlucky not to score. Was impressed with Dennehy though.

Mezeckis was stretchered off after the final whistle and taken away by ambulance. Second new signing injured in the first two games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Helix wrote: »
    drogs 0-0 bray

drogs were fantastic in the first half but just couldnt do anything in the final third. played some wonderful football tho. in the second half both sides were pretty poor, tho we really shouldve scored but joxer made a balls of a one on one

my curse of draws continues

i havent seen a league match here or in england not finish in a draw since september of last year

I got along to United Park to get my first look at the 2009 Drogs. I'll be happy with us avoiding relegation this season, but Matthews certainly has them playing much more attractive football than the crap Doolin was serving up last year. Tonight we just lacked someone who could do the business in the box. It was a bit of a weird atmosphere in the ground tonight. We were clapping every pass and tackle to try to encourage the lads, but very little shouting since we haven't a clue who the players are!

After all the uncertainty and depression of the last few months I'm actually looking forward to this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Shels win, Franchise lose. Delighted! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fecking brillaint. Nervous game, but Bisto yet again comes on and shines. Should be footage from the fans, and interviews in the bar as there was a few DCU students doing some recording.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

syngindub wrote: »
    i'm sure there on first name basis with most alright :)

How so?

PDN wrote: »
    I got along to United Park to get my first look at the 2009 Drogs. I'll be happy with us avoiding relegation this season, but Matthews certainly has them playing much more attractive football than the crap Doolin was serving up last year. Tonight we just lacked someone who could do the business in the box. It was a bit of a weird atmosphere in the ground tonight. We were clapping every pass and tackle to try to encourage the lads, but very little shouting since we haven't a clue who the players are!

After all the uncertainty and depression of the last few months I'm actually looking forward to this season!

same as myself, missed the dundalk friendly coz of work but i was really quite impressed with the performance today. all we need is a striker and i think we'll be alrite. some fantastic football being played

agree with the atmosphere comment alrite, i only knew about 3 of the players on the pitch which was pretty weird. thatll come with time im sure tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Have to say guys the atmosphere in Tallaght last night was brilliant, and fair play to the Sligo fans, they were in great form last night. Rovers played some great stuff considering the swirling wind, the ground seems really exposed to the elements. Got a pitch side seat with my season ticket for myself and my Daughter, and the best part was when the turnstiles opened my daughter walked through and the media were all over her, the first fan ever to set foot in the Tallaght stadium, proud father today. Well i'm off to buy the Saturday papers and find that picture.

Looking forward to the Bohs away next week, then Derry come to Tallaght to sample the atmosphere.

Cheers Steven.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cork City 0-1 Pats :(

City played fairly well tbf, Sully and Dennehy were unlucky not to score. Was impressed with Dennehy though.

Mezeckis was stretchered off after the final whistle and taken away by ambulance. Second new signing injured in the first two games.

Broken ankle reports are saying and out for the season.

And we were fúcking rubbish last night. SPA were never troubled and not a single shot on target. We had a period of dominance for 25-30 minutes, but ince that petered out, there was no threat. faz was brutal and whinged like a bitch when he was, rightly, taken off. Sigalis did nothing. Healy was screamingat Doolin to change tactics early in the 2nd half. 2 deep lying midfielders does not work, especially given the ability of both Healy and Gamble.

Goona be a long hard season if we see the end of it.

Attendence approx 3400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seems we defended very well with Harris and Psycho centre with Gavin on the right, complete opposite to last week.

Quigley Dempsey and Guy to come back next week, Clarke the week after and then GLEN FITZPATRICK!!!!!!!

Advertisement