Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resi 5 is now a must-buy

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Im actually surprised at how much i enjoyed this now. I hated the demo, but the AI has vastly improved in the full game and i dont think Sheva ever ran suicidally at a chainsaw weilding maniac like she did in the demo.

A bit bereft of new ideas, and some boss fights/sections are lifted wholesale from RE4, but all in all its still pretty awesome.
    Oh and Sheva icon_wub.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

0ubliette wrote: »
    Oh and Sheva icon_wub.gif
    This is the only reason I even made this thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

What a game, finished it last night! Next, Hard mode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Totally different game from the demo. Story did'nt captivate me as much as 4's did, but it was still good, bit more serious.

Went back to the old way with slots and only being able to hold x amount. Made it interesting, you were limited to carry in 4 but it was'nt too bad. The first resi's were all about ammo conservation, this ones not as severe but still you have to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The first resi's were all about ammo conservation, this ones not as severe but still you have to watch it.

It always feels like there's ammo around for me. As soon as you get low the ammo drops become more frequent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'm about an hour in, enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

koneko wrote: »
    But you're playing co-op, why would you *want* the other person to die? That makes no sense.

I didnt mean anyone would die. The clip I saw was some zombie biker attacks the two heroes with a chain and the QTE press B flashes on screen.

The image that formed in my mind is that it appeared for both players and the person who is slowest to press it gets caught by the biker and is dragged around while the quick player has to shoot the biker to free his partner (who is sliding left or right to dodge hitting stuff)

I was wondering if there were bits like that.

Seems there isnt.

And it sounded like a wasted oppurtunity to me (seeing as games as old as the Lost World arcade game had moments like that.)

Another curiosity I'd like answered. Cutscenes in co-op? If one player pressess to skip and the other doesnt, will it skip for both? or are they unskippable? Also will it not make it annoying to play co-op if you pick the game up a few months later as anyone you find online will have played it already and would be skipping through the cutscenes?

are all the cutscenes saved into some theatre mode so one can go back and watch them at his leisure if the time for playing co-op was tight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Erm ok, will try answer a few of your questions.

**EDIT** Ok , so I got into a game co-op today, and in the quick-time events, the buttons only appear if it affects your character, otherwise it flashes up the other characters name on your screen and that player will see the buttons needed to be pressed.**EDIT**

As for skipping cut-scenes, if one player presses the skip button, it shows to the other player the first player has "chosen" to skip it. If the second player then presses it, the cut-scene is skipped. And yes there is a gallery of all the movies from the main menu, but if its your first time playing it would be better to watch them and find out why your somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Despite the so-so reviews I have yet to find anybody who purchased it that has anything bad to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Work is keeping me from full immersion - Any word on mercenaries? As good as 4?

Great to see the QTE's kept to a minimum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Played for about an hour and a half on co-op last night.
    Good game but the major gripe of not being able to move and shoot is really annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i think the game works really nwell when it comes to moving to safety and then shooting rather than running around!! great game in my opinion this will be game of the year!!! unless i am alive kicks its ass:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Absolutely hated the controls in the demo but I'm still curious. Is it worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

silvine wrote: »
    Absolutely hated the controls in the demo but I'm still curious. Is it worth getting?

Yep. Its a terrific action horror game. If Resident Evil 4 was a departure from the the series's survival horror roots, this only widens the gap. If that doesn't bother you, definite go for it. I recommend playing in co-op.

Advertisement