Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Havent payed for xbox live in months ?

• 12-03-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

I havent payed for xbox live in months ??? I just havent been switched off....same with my friend,are we the only ones or are others slipping through the cracks ? do you think there just being easy on people or an admin error or what? I only realised it recently i think August was the last time i payed ???and it was only for 3 months.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

is it set to auto renew by chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

One should probably check ones credit card statement if one paid for one's last subscription by such method.

One may be in for a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

one is no idiot,one has checked credit card statement and its as clear of xbl charges as ones ass is of love bites.

it wouldnt explain how ones friend is enjoying the same good fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

In such case one and one's friend are quite haunted. (i.e. lucky sods).

In the case of asses and love bites, one doesn't even want to know :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

two should stop talking like twats :p

Lucky fecker is all I can say to op. but now theyll find you. Bill gates owns the internet and he can see your gamertag in your sig :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    two should stop talking like twats :p

Lucky fecker is all I can say to op. but now theyll find you. Bill gates owns the internet and he can see your gamertag in your sig :D

three agrees!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Penis Eye wrote: »
    three agrees!:pac:
    5 got stung with the credit card thing when it was 5s credit card on 6s machine. bastard

(in case youre wondering theres 2 of us in this head)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

RAIN wrote: »
    I havent payed for xbox live in months ??? I just havent been switched off....same with my friend,are we the only ones or are others slipping through the cracks ? do you think there just being easy on people or an admin error or what? I only realised it recently i think August was the last time i payed ???and it was only for 3 months.:confused:
    well, when you view your account management ont he 360, is should show an expiry date for your gold sub no?

or it does somewhere iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I thought I didn't pay for months, even a year. Never looked at my card bill. Once you pay once my CC they will continue to take it out by CC. The only way to stop this is to ring MS and sit on hold for 45mins before the stop the payment. Or like me cancel your card.

And with CC they don't take 3 or 6 or 12months but monthly!!! feckers.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

ROC1977 wrote: »
    I thought I didn't pay for months, even a year. Never looked at my card bill. Once you pay once my CC they will continue to take it out by CC. The only way to stop this is to ring MS and sit on hold for 45mins before the stop the payment. Or like me cancel your card.

And with CC they don't take 3 or 6 or 12months but monthly!!! feckers.:eek:

You can delete your CC online now they told me once there's no payment outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

A mate of mine brought one of those Live sub cards and he still has a gold account despite the card expiring months ago. Looks like people are slipping through the cracks alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

This happened to me before. I called them and advised I had cancelled my credit card. Yet they still kept charging me?! Then one day, BAMN. I'd been banned from live? For THEIR error!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Keith186 wrote: »
    You can delete your CC online now they told me once there's no payment outstanding.

This is what it says when trying to cancel.

"This payment option cannot be removed at this time. It might be associated with an active subscription. "

Which basically means no you can't cancel your card details once you have linked it to an Xbox live account like I said in my last post.

So you rang them where on hold for 20 mins then they told you, you can cancel online. Which you can't, unless you add a new card. Complete bollox MS. Scam anyone. If any high street shop kept your CC details and kept charging you every month for something you didn't ask for, would we stand for it , feck no. But MS can do what they want.

And I don't mind paying for live, I'd just like to be asked if I'd like my CC used for a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Keith186 wrote: »

No, you can only delete your card if there is no subscription active on it, you may well be paid up to date or indeed in advance.

So even though I'd paid the subscription (through some autorenewal crap) on my nephews account till July, they would not let me delete card without cancelling subscription.

I told them they were basically criminals and to cancel it anyway just in case I forgot to remove it in July and MS might get another 20 euro from me.

Worst service award. How can they get away with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

RAIN wrote: »
    ok just letting you know my mate works in ms in sandyford, a lot of people work there and lots of them use this site so if they see this your fried lol;)

obviously fair play to ya on it though lol:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Can you not ring your credit card company and tell them not to pay??

@op you lucky cnut:pac:

Advertisement