Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to delete ad / data?

Options
  • 12-03-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have some concerns about the details and data hold on advert.ie and boards.ie

Ads cannot be deleted on adverts.ie
    Username - account cannot be deleted on boards.ie

What about the right for an user to remove/delete these own details? What about the Data protection Act?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Moving this to help desk, I'm not sure if it's something we can fully answer in adverts support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 andalciao

Steve, thank you for being aggressive. very helpfull
    as I didn't click yes to put ad on adverts.ie.

My concern is how to delete my own details, data, ad on adverts.ie
    when i decide to do so, according the data protection act.

Unread Today, 11:34 #3
    Steve
    Mostly Harmless

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: adverts.ie Support, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

andalciao, this is covered by the terms and conditions that you clicked yes to say you agreed with them when you signed up.

If you didn't read them then it's not our fault.

Today, 11:29 #2
    Logan
    Adverts Moderator

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: adverts.ie Support

Quote:
    Originally Posted by andalciao View Post
    I have some concerns about the details and data hold on advert.ie and boards.ie

Ads cannot be deleted on adverts.ie
    Username - account cannot be deleted on boards.ie

What about the right for an user to remove/delete these own details? What about the Data protection Act?
    http://www.boards.ie/privacy.php

Collection and use of personal information

Boards.ie does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example by e-mailing us form). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, and is used by the boards.ie limited only in line with the purpose for which you provided it. Your personal data may also be anonymized used for statistical purposes.

Your rights regarding data supplied via this website

You have a right to be given a copy of your personal data which you may have supplied via this website. To exercise this right e-mail us at contact@boards.ie. You should include any personal identifiers which you supplied earlier via the website (e.g. username & e-mail address) if you do not supply this verification information, no information will be provided. This request only covers the private information contained in your private profile. Any information that is publically available in posts and threads on the forum will not be provided. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will take not more than 40 days to process.

Last edited by Logan; Today at 11:32.
    Logan is online now Reply With Quote
    Logan
    View Public Profile
    Find More Posts by Logan

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

andalciao wrote: »
    You have every right to delete your personal information via your usercp: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php

Advertisements and your username are not private personal information as such you do not have any rights under the data protection act to have these removed or deleted. By submitting your advertisement along with your username, you have provided adverts.ie with permission to publish that advertisement and that permission cannot be revoked as it is now adverts.ie's information to publish.

Advertisement