Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to dublin

Options
  • 12-03-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I recently got a job in Dublin city center and i'm wondering where the best place to get a house to commute to work every day would be.
    The job is on Fitzwilliam Street so i was thinking the closest station to there really is Perase.

Any advice on where to move, that the rent prices arn't ridiculous?

Thanks
    Danny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The nearest station is Grand Canal Dock, or even Lansdowne.

Definitely move to a place near the Dart line.

The Northside will have cheaper rent, closer to the city.

Somewhere like Killester/Raheny are nice areas, and should be affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Your nearest station would be westland row/pearse station. I'd recommend drumcondra,near the city and a good bus service,the bus that goes to UCD passes drumcondra road and leeson st,a 2 min walk to fits st.Pricces vary for flats,expect to pay about €100 for a bedsit and €150 up for a one bed. Rathmines and Ranelagh are near too.Lots of flats around both area's. No idea of prices over there.Your looking to rent at a good time,rents are coming down.
    You'll pay from about €900 pm up for an apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Thanks guys for the suggestions, i like the look and prices going in Killester so i think i might take a spin up soon and go house hunting.
    Thanks for all the help

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Just looking over everything again, the price difference from Drumcondra and Killester is about €40 a week, for the sake of convenience and quicker home i would neraly move there..
    A i dunno, ill have to wait and see what arises in the rent side of things i suppose.

Thanks again
    Danny

Advertisement