Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's Day in Cork

Options
  • 12-03-2009 12:36pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

So what are people doing for Paddy's day?
    I'm might be around and was wondering what goes on around Cork or what peoples plans are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Weeell for me i hope to be drinking green pints,get totally smashed,lose my shoes,get painted on,wake up the next morning and go to college.one of those things may be a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Weeell for me i hope to be drinking green pints,get totally smashed,lose my shoes,get painted on,wake up the next morning and go to college.one of those things may be a lie.

I have wicked instinct!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

LOL - I'd put my weeks wages that you're correct vinta :D

I'd like to go for a few beers all right, and I can't really do that in dublin as I have work the next day :(
    Looks like i'll prob come back down on mon evening

What's the Parade like?
    It's been years since I seen / was in one....

This patricks day is going to be a good one they say. I'm not sure who 'they' are though..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Im going to Killarney cos Cork (as usual) will be packed, killarney will be too id say, but at least its somewhere different. Paddys day is just another night out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

but I thought that happens to you every night you are out :confused: except the pints are not green........ :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

The parade is atrocious! I'm working until 6 that day, so i might just head out for a drink or to Havanas that night! I won't be wearing green though :D

kingtut wrote: »
    but I thought that happens to you every night you are out :confused: except the pints are not green........ :D:D:D

Zip that mouth :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Can I just ask anyone that's watching the Parade to take a good few pictures of the RDF(The lads and Ladies in Uniform) lads that will be leading it!! Particularily of from waist to head height!!!

Most of My unit will be there, but I am heading to Limerick to Pull some Guns, so I can't be there and I want to give out to people who march badly, so I have to see their arms to know if they are in step!!!!!:D

Pretty please with sugar on top!!!!!:D:D:D (we need a fluttering eye's Smilie!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Plan to head to the pub about two and be home for eight or so, miss most of the messiness! Plus I live on college road so I kinda want to make sure my house lasts the night intact :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

Have a match in the morning and then work after it.

Will be wrecked so no drink for me.

Anyone know of any good bands playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I have yet to spend a st patricks day/night in Cork(city), but on halloween while it was good for the most part, people kept starting fights on me. And I'm not really a big fan of that, so I'm not sure if I'll go into town.

I'll probably end up in somewhere in cork though.

Ya, there will be plenty of Fights about alright. I am going out with all my best mate's, and I have to say, it would be great fun if someone tried to get started in us!!! It's been a few month's since i've had a good fight!!! (I'm not a scumbag, but a guy with glasses is seen as a Wuss, so people try to fight me alot!!! Even if he is 6'3" and 200lbs.)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Went to the parade last year and after waiting for what seemed like ages, it passed in what felt like a matter of minutes. Heard everyone around me asking 'Is that it?' and we all stood around like idiots waiting for 'Part 2'. Ended up asking a Gard who confirmed it was over. Complete waste of time. Absolute disgrace, if ya assume Cork is Ireland's second city.

Just been to the food market thingy on the 'South Mall Boardwalk'....and its about half the size of most of the 'farmer's markets' I've seen in the county. Is someone purposely sabotaging the holiday weekend?

Max001 wrote: »
    Went to the parade last year and after waiting for what seemed like ages, it passed in what felt like a matter of minutes. Heard everyone around me asking 'Is that it?' and we all stood around like idiots waiting for 'Part 2'. Ended up asking a Gard who confirmed it was over. Complete waste of time. Absolute disgrace, if ya assume Cork is Ireland's second city.

Just been to the food market thingy on the 'South Mall Boardwalk'....and its about half the size of most of the 'farmer's markets' I've seen in the county. Is someone purposely sabotaging the holiday weekend?

Go to Limerick for the parade then. The Military section is longer than the entire Cork parade. With some flyovers, an there is gonna be something else cool happening as well!!! Then they have the rest of the Parade!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mary70

With St. Patrick's Day in the middle of the week, it probably won't be the same. I wonder will the recession have an influence on the number and quality of floats in the parade this year? It would be marvellous if there were fireworks on St. Patricks Night or even St. Patrick's Eve, like the ones in Waterford last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Probably head to the Mardyke at about 6 or 7, 10 DJs playing, dubstep, electro, breakcore, all that crazy stuff. Several VJs too, the Infirmary is being marked as a chill out area I hear. Somewhat untraditional but sounds pretty fun.

I heard rumours the Scotchegg was meant to be playing somewhere, Liquid Lounge maybe? That's a pretty wild set.

Go to Limerick for the parade then. The Military section is longer than the entire Cork parade. With some flyovers, an there is gonna be something else cool happening as well!!! Then they have the rest of the Parade!!!!

Wow, flyovers? You mean the Air Corps will round up both of its helicopters. I'm there! Limerick's never been so compelling! :rolleyes:

Wow, flyovers? You mean the Air Corps will round up both of its helicopters. I'm there! Limerick's never been so compelling! :rolleyes:

No, Last year it was 3 Fouga's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

No, Last year it was 3 Fouga's.

I suspect you mean PC-9s.

• Advertisement

deRanged wrote: »

Oh well, that changes everything then! Screw Farnborough, I'm off to Limerick!:rolleyes: And, when are we counter invading the UK!? I mean, with such a mighty war machine, why be bound by the Celtic Sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I should have been in Dublin with my sis but since she had some issues with the bf I am staying here...One of my students wanted to see me tomorrow afternoon but...no way, I am very Irish at hearth LOL
    So...I want to go and see the parade (that starts at 1:00 at the conjunction of South Mall with Parnell place, it seems)...who wants to come with me or who can I go with? :p (Mik, are you still around and up for a few pints?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭acidburn51737

Were gonna go tomorrow. Wondering were the best parking area would be. Anyone have ideas?^^

Not really a drinker so id probably go right after the parade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

Can I just ask anyone that's watching the Parade to take a good few pictures of the RDF(The lads and Ladies in Uniform) lads that will be leading it!! Particularily of from waist to head height!!!

Most of My unit will be there, but I am heading to Limerick to Pull some Guns, so I can't be there and I want to give out to people who march badly, so I have to see their arms to know if they are in step!!!!!:D

Pretty please with sugar on top!!!!!:D:D:D (we need a fluttering eye's Smilie!!!)

"COUGH" WANKER "COUGH" :)

cork1 wrote: »

+1 lol :D

cork1 wrote: »
    +1 lol :D

Hey, It's OK for Cork1 to call me a wanker, he will get a good punch in about 2 hours from when this post is made. You however, I don't know, so can't cause pain to in real life!!!!That's not fair at all!!!!:D:D:D

deRanged wrote: »

I thought I was wrong, but I really know nothing about Plane's. Not a big fan of Metal hurtling through the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lisasimps

c'mere, does anyone know if clothes shops etc. in town, or blackpool / mahon etc are open? I have to get a last min birthday present!!

lisasimps wrote: »
    c'mere, does anyone know if clothes shops etc. in town, or blackpool / mahon etc are open? I have to get a last min birthday present!!

Just been in the town centre and all/most of the local shops are closed. Tescos is open and I think M&S. You'd likely be safer going to Mahon I expect :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

And does anyone know if the train station is open? I have to make a last minute train journey.

I'll look on their website I guess, probably wo n't be there though.

Advertisement