Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gorgeous Collie/springer found in the Killester/ Donnycarney area.

• 12-03-2009 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I found this lovely dog straying lastnite. I have rang all the local garda stations, put up an add in the local shop and have been walking around the area with her hoping someone will recognise her. Anyone in the Dublin 5 area recognise her?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I'll print out a picture and ask around the park tonight.

Good on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

I couldn't just leave her there. I was afraid she'd get a smack of a car.
    Might go for another walk around the block to see if any people know her or her owners.
    Thanks, Killme00. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Have you had her scanned for a microchip? Give the vets a call sometimes they get Lost posters handed in. Well done for taking her in!

Have you had her scanned for a microchip? Give the vets a call sometimes they get Lost posters handed in. Well done for taking her in!

I haven't had a chance to bring her up to the vets yet. I need to get her home by tonite though as I'm petsitting.
    I'm hoping the owners are looking for her because I really can't keep her.:( I haven't noticed any signs about her and the garda didn't get any calls about her either.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

have you posted this on other websites? Petsireland, dogsindistress.org & DSPCA are quite good. Put it on gumtree too. I can post on dogsindistress.org & petsireland for ya if u like??

• Advertisement

That would be great Tess. I have already put it on gumtree.
    For some reason though, I don't think the owners will look on the internet. I have a feeling they might be elderly. Don't know why. Maybe I'm psychic!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

ya never know. Maybe someone will recognise her. (or maybe there's a hi tech nan & gramps out there!!):D Will post it up for ya now. Fair play for taking her in. Im a sucker for strays too!!!!:)

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Got home earlier to find that the collie cross has escaped from our garden. Please note this is a garden that no dog has escaped from in 22 years! We think she got up on the wheelie bin and hopped the wall! I have searched the local area and have a few friends cycling around looking for her. Little blighter! I suddenly see how the owners lost her in the first place.:mad: If I find her, I will have to name her Houdini until I find her owners.
    I'm praying that she finds her way home safe.
    SO ANNOYED!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

ah thats terrible but you did what you could, i'm murder for strays to and had similar before witha greyhound had him in ten minutes and he was gone again over a 6 foot wall. recently i "rescued" a collie from cork city centre she was pacing about on a busy friday evening dodging people and looking worried. she had a collar and number on it but couldn't get through so i thought i'd better take her and keep trying the number. when i did get through the woman was in a panic saying thank god you have our dog we thought she was stolen we were inside the shopping centre and she was waiting outside for them!! responsible eh? some people baffle me with what they do with their dogs. so i returned the stolen dog to them and thry promised not to do it again. who did i see outside HMV last week though? you guessed it, same dog!!

fair play and keep up the good work nice to see people who care

Thanks, Skillie,
    I just can't believe she hopped the wall. I searched again for her today but still no sign so hopefuly she got home. She's a lovely dog so I hope she's ok!

• Advertisement
Advertisement