Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson C905 Firmware Update

• 12-03-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Has anyone updated the C905 to the latest firmware release? The one with smile shutter, you-tube and sms-coversation. I know it is available but everytime I try to update using the SEUS it tells me I have the latest version! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi

You may have to debrand the phone before it allows you to update.

The Network will determine what version you can install and prevents you from installing updates.

By debranding, it removes this restriction.

Have look at Davinci, they can do debranding.

(Thats what I did anyhow)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lar84

Thanks Szondi,

I didn't think Meteor phones were branded but on closer inspection they are, Ill give it a go the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jasonf

hi lads, would also love some help with this, i ran my phone threw the SE software just there and it says i have the latest software , which i dont, can any one shed some light on this please?and any help will be greatfull

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You need to debrand your phone before you can update the software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jasonf

You need to debrand your phone before you can update the software.
    im looking into that now as we speak looks hard to do, but im willing on giving it a go. trying to find a2uploader at the min, no joy as yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement