Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI "during the season" transfer rumours and gossip thread 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

CiaranC wrote: »

138% of income went on wages. Limit was supposed to be 65%.

Wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fingal May be handed a 3 nil victory against waterford due to the fact they possible fielded a suspended player. The decision is to be made by the Disciplinary committee this wednesday.

for fúck sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The guy was banned from the Munster Senior Cup or whatever it is, he was entitled to play the league match. Non-issue.

The guy was banned from the Munster Senior Cup or whatever it is, he was entitled to play the league match. Non-issue.

So big John is in a quandry.

Help Waherfur, or screw Shels.

Tough decision for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Sorry, but it s not a non-issue.

The player was Kieran Fitzgerald who was sent off in a Munster Senior cup tie the previous week. He was then introduced against Sporting Fingal early in the second half. According to the official rule book. If a player has been sent off in any other FAI competition, then he must serve the suspension in the next availible fixture (Fingal). So the Disciplinary Commission will be discussing it tomorrow(wednesday) and make a ruling.

Did Waterford win the cup match? I was under the impression that it was serve in the next match of that competition but if knocked out it transfers to next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only Waterford player to be suspended for the Fingal match was Willie John Kiely - who did sit out the Fingal game. That's that sorted, if the FAI see different I'd like to see the relevant info. Kieran Fitzgerald appears on none of the suspension lists (which can be found on www.loi.ie)

Automatic one match bans dont show up on the suspension lists afaik other than as "one match already served"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

According to Wikipedia this cup is run by the Munster Football Association so they should be ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Only Waterford player to be suspended for the Fingal match was Willie John Kiely - who did sit out the Fingal game. That's that sorted, if the FAI see different I'd like to see the relevant info. Kieran Fitzgerald appears on none of the suspension lists (which can be found on www.loi.ie)

It does seem like a lot of ifs and ands. But it will be discussed by the committee. So there must be something to discuss. Still doesnt mean we will get the points though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Strong rumours of great news for CCFC abound. Cannot say much more than that, but anything positive would be magic nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

gimmick wrote: »
    Strong rumours of great news for CCFC abound. Cannot say much more than that, but anything positive would be magic nowadays

It's about TC leaving isn't it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Thats the worst kept secret in the LoI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Bray Wanderers are to leave the Carlisle ground. Not sure when exactly but apparently its due to costs and rental. They will be moving to the GAA grounds in Aughrim (where wicklow play).

Is that another stupid april fools?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Brendan Murphy former Meath GAA goalkeeper has left Longford Town by mutual dissent consent after a disasterous display against Wexford Youths over the weekend, so the local radio station was saying this morning. Probably the 1st bit of news on the soccer forum this morning that isn't an April fools joke! Although you never know could be an hilarious wind up in Longford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Heard that last night allright. He has been poor so far this season and has cost a lot of goals IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Doolin resigning?

^ Thats not the rumour, but would not be surprised if that came to pass in the next week or two either.

I am hearing, following the Bohs accounts story during the week, that the FAI are shítting themselves. But they are preparing for a Bohs implosion in the next couple of week - "what we do then - I have no idea" is what an FAI big wig said to a friend of mine.

Viva the 8 team league :rolleyes:

Waterford not punished.

Hmm, finally a decision that benefits Shels.

http://waterford-united.ie/news/disciplinary-unit-finds-in-uniteds-favour/
    Disciplinary Unit finds in United’s favour
    April 2nd, 2009
    The Disciplinary Committee of the FAI today found that Waterford United were not in any breach of eligibility regulations regarding Kieran Fitzgerald’s participation in the Sporting Fingal match at the RSC on the 7th of last month.

The case arose over the disputed interpretation of an ambiguously worded rule regarding eligibility, as applied to Kieran’s red card against Douglas Hall in the Munster Senior Cup quarter final, which took place before the first league match of the season. No complaint was made by Sporting Fingal in the aftermath of this match.

In a simply worded announcement, the three man committee stated that in fact Kieran was eligible to play in the Fingal match, and that his automatic suspension should be served in the next round of the Munster Senior Cup, which will be against Clonmel Town on Wednesday, April 22nd.

• Advertisement

^ Thats not the rumour, but would not be surprised if that came to pass in the next week or two either.

I am hearing, following the Bohs accounts story during the week, that the FAI are shítting themselves. But they are preparing for a Bohs implosion in the next couple of week - "what we do then - I have no idea" is what an FAI big wig said to a friend of mine.

Viva the 8 team league :rolleyes:
    What are you banging on about man?

I am banging on about the fact that Bohs are actually fúcked barring a minor miracle. I am also on about the fact that unless something drastic happens, CCFC will no longer exist in a few weeks time.

That clear enough for you or should I get a dub translation for you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I am banging on about the fact that Bohs are actually fúcked barring a minor miracle. I am also on about the fact that unless something drastic happens, CCFC will no longer exist in a few weeks time.

rofl

cork city, in a rather stupid move in my opinion, aren't charging ANYONE into the game on tuesday v Drogs

the same cork city who cant afford to pay wages and are on the verge of extinction.

but shure, why not let everyone in for free.

idiots. complete and utter idiots.

even with this free promotion, it clashes with the champions league quarter finals, and i cant see us getting more than tthe 2,500 that were at the cross last week for the game vs bray.

what a completely and utterly stupid idea.

if i were a season ticket holder i'd be phoning up looking for a full refund for my ticket.

from corkcityfc.ie
    Cork City FC take on Drogheda United at Turner’s Cross next Tuesday in what promises to be an exciting League of Ireland Premier Division encounter, and in order to play our part in beating the recession blues The Rebel Army are offering free entry to the game for all supporters.

Speaking to CorkCityFC.ie, Chairman Tom Coughlan said: “We recognise that people are facing tough times at the moment; you only have to look at the papers or turn on the radio or TV to see that people are struggling financially. As a football club which is rooted in the community, we feel an obligation to show some leadership and help to lift some of the doom and gloom and that is why we are offering the people of Cork the chance to come and watch City free of charge on Tuesday.”

Perfectly clear, thanks. Hows that great news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Actually, i'd like a Dub translation please cos i have no idea what you're talking about. Your last few posts have been all over the place!

Things change quickly down here. What I posted re good news was very quickly counter balanced about far far far worse news. Fact is, CCFC is circling the drain at the moment.

Palestine flag is racist, according to the FAI

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1625/
    FAI brand Palestinian flag as "racist"
    comments0 comments

by Keith Wallace
    Wed, Apr 08 2009
    Dundalk FC have been reported and will face a fine over the display of a Palestinian flag by their supporters during last weekend's 3-1 win at Sligo Rovers, after the FAI branded the flag as "racist". However, last night, the Louth club challenged the FAI, stating they are treating the matter "very seriously" and "considering making an official complaint".

Offending banner
    "Our fans were very well behaved and did themselves proud [in Sligo]," club secretary Kevin Holland wrote in the Dundalk FC Magazine for the visit of Shamrock Rovers to Oriel Park on Tuesday night. "But during the game the FAI match delegate summoned our Chairman and informed him that he would be reporting Dundalk FC for the display of a racist banner. What was the offending banner? The Dundalk flag that we have seen in Oriel Park for many, many years that features a Palestinian flag. Now, I do not profess to be an expert in these matters - but how can a flag that features an internationally recognised flag be deemed as racist?

Official complaint
    "The Palestinian flag is flying outside the United Nations building in New York," he added. "Also, members of the Gardai were standing in front of the flag during the game and didn't have any problem with it. This accusation may be ridiculous but I am treating it very seriously. The Board of Dundalk will be considering making an official complaint against the FAI over this incident. Darren Mansaram was the victim of racist abuse against Drogheda and there was also some racist abuse chanted his way by Sligo fans near where I was sitting in Sligo. To equate a flag to these incidents is disgusting and downright offensive."

fúcking morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Who in the FAI has made this ludicrous decision?

The Board of Dundalk will be considering making an official complaint against the FAI over this incident.

erm.

To who, exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why do the Dundalk fans have a palestinian flag in the first place?

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »

That doesn't matter in the slightest.

What matters is that an FAI delegate can arbitrarily deem something to be "racist" and then have the FAI impose fines.

Is a Union Jack racist? How about an American Flag? The flag of Botswana? My yellow jumper? The pigeons in Dalymount?

Not to sure why, but they have a big square flag with a Celtic flag, Palestine flag and something else on it iirc. Been at every match between Dundalk and Shels over the last few seasons, and I'd say it's been on the go before this. It's a joke.

Email sent off to Fran Gavin and Noel Mooney to see what they have to say. I also robbed your "Is a Union Jack racist? How about an American flag?..." line, Des.:D

I've seen the Palestine colours at Bohs and, if I'm not mistaken, at United Park the other week.

SectionF wrote: »
    I've seen the Palestine colours at Bohs and, if I'm not mistaken, at United Park the other week.

Forza Rovers (Sligos Ultra group) used to display one, they still might actually.

Would they find an Israeli flag also objectionable?

Email sent off to Fran Gavin and Noel Mooney to see what they have to say. I also robbed your "Is a Union Jack racist? How about an American flag?..." line, Des.:D

Hi Gavin

I am glad you brought this to our attention. Unfortunately, the information is simply not correct. We have not had any official communication with Dundalk FC on a matter such as this.

Regards,

Noel Mooney

Hi Gavin

I am glad you brought this to our attention. Unfortunately, the information is simply not correct. We have not had any official communication with Dundalk FC on a matter such as this.

Regards,

Noel Mooney

Not good enough. Unless he is disputing the word of the Dundalk official, he needs to state explicitly that a Palestinian flag is not considered racist by FAI, and he has avoided doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Des wrote: »
    Palestine flag is racist, according to the FAI

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1625/

fúcking morons.

Maybe post the TRUE edited non fai bashing version thats on extratime.ie now.

Hope noone on that site is using it a journalist experience, i dont think the The Sun are hiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The flag itself symbolizes the struggle of a nation to be recognized despite the oppression from its more powerful neighbors who would seek to keep it down. Dundalk's position is similar both in terms of its football team and the 'powers that be' in Dublin who would like nothing more than to see us back in the 1st Div, and in economic terms due to our position on the edge of the state. Or it could just be a cool flag!

:)
    /note wind up see Ronans post for reason.

Or would it to be show solidarity with the Palestinian struggle against the Isreali occuping forces like the strong love of the North to be free from British rule that is strong in that part of the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Or would it to be show solidarity with the Palestinian struggle against the Isreali occuping forces like the strong love of the North to be free from British rule that is strong in that part of the country?

My first post is a wind up :) , Ronan you have hit the nail on the head :)

I know it was :)

Just to point out I couldnt care less if people saw fit to fly Norah Battys best sunday Knickers! Well actually maybe not that!

Back to more important matters! Longford have signed Chris Konopka as their new goalkeeper, he apparently was with Bohemians last year? Can our resident Bohs fans shed any light on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Back to more important matters! Longford have signed Chris Konopka as their new goalkeeper, he apparently was with Bohemians last year? Can our resident Bohs fans shed any light on him?

He didn't get many first team games, so didn't see much of him. I think he was in goal when Derry bet us 4-1 in the cup. Good rapper though

simonw wrote: »
    Good rapper though

Just what we need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Any truth in the rumours of Cork about to fold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumours of Cork about to fold?
    Lets start a competition to guess what their next name will be so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I love the way all they can talk about on the Cork forum is how bitter the Shels fans are. You reap what you sow and all that lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Lets start a competition to guess what their next name will be so?

Its gonna be Cork Hotspurs!
    Done deal!

Or as someone said on fool.ie Cork Re-United, found that funny myself.

It's about time Cork f*cked up, since they've come out of examinership they haven't copped on like Drogheda did. So good luck and good riddens to Cork City FC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement