Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI "during the season" transfer rumours and gossip thread 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats the spirit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Disaster for the league, pure and simple.

Anyone who cares about football and sees this as a positive or uses it as an opportunity to pontificate needs their head examined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

gimmick wrote: »
    Thats the spirit

Damn right, Cobh got f*cked about and demoted because of not being fully paid up on the tax front, yet Cork get away with it and are now in deep sh1t on the tax front, why should I or any other fan have sympathy for a club who has been getting special treatment from the FAI and who have been evading the rules which other clubs abide by.

The league needs a team in Cork, but well the league doesn't need a Cork City FC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

SectionF wrote: »

Anyone who cares about football and sees this as a positive or uses it as an opportunity to pontificate needs their head examined.

I don't think anyone sees it as a positive occurence. Just Cork fans can't expect fans of other clubs (especially Shels fans) to be full of sympathy after some of the fairly despicable things that were posted by themselves after our demotion and the death of Ollie Byrne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I don't think anyone sees it as a positive occurence. Just Cork fans can't expect fans of other clubs (especially Shels fans) to be full of sympathy after some of the fairly despicable things that were posted by themselves after our demotion and the death of Ollie Byrne.

Plenty of tar on that brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I love the way all they can talk about on the Cork forum is how bitter the Shels fans are.

Yup a whole two posts worth.:rolleyes:

Talk is TC might be leaving though no one really seems to know for sure what the hell is going on or if theres any truth to the rumour that he's leaving.

Cork Rovers is the frontrunner for the next team name if the club does fold.

I love the way all they can talk about on the Cork forum is how bitter the Shels fans are. You reap what you sow and all that lads

ye are the most pontificating shower ever seen. Ye blew it a few years ago, so now ye are all experts on how such things should be handled? Feck off.
    Just Cork fans can't expect fans of other clubs (especially Shels fans) to be full of sympathy after some of the fairly despicable things that were posted by themselves after our demotion and the death of Ollie Byrne.

Are you people deliberately stupid? Because I find it hard to believe that so many people who support one club can be so stupid. Not a single CCFC fan has ever looked for sympathy. FFS, most of us have seen the writing on the wall for a long time and know what sanctions are warranted.

With regard to the Ollie comment, the minutes silence in Turners Cross was impeccably kept. Any CCFC fan I know pretty much never liked the man, but respected the guy to the hilt.

If CCFC behave like morons, which under the new ownership has happened, we deserve to be thrown out. Thats a fact. Lets not allow geography skew our judgment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I, for one, amn't glad about whats happening with Cork, but I agree with what you say at the bottom, in the interest of fairness, they should never have been in the league this year in the first place, things were never sorted. Who knows, they might get sorted next week or the week after, but they definitely weren't sorted when Cork were given a Premier Licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Someone posed this point on foot.ie and it's extremely worrying. A possible scenario if Cork fold is the promotion of Shels, UCD and SF and the demotion of two regional teams. Leaving the PD to contain 7 Dublin teams (incl. Bray) and 3 others. That would be disastrous really and makes a total mockery of everything the FAI are trying to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

But it would make getting to away games easier...! :pac:

• Advertisement

7 Dublin teams (incl. Bray)

I suggest you invest in a map, Martin.:pac:

Töpher wrote: »
    But it would make getting to away games easier...! :pac:

That's no fun though, you can't beat a trip to Galway, Donegal, Cork, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Bollox, i've been to those places many times over so i'll take the Dublin games so i can enjoy a gargle after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Anto McC wrote: »
    Bollox, i've been to those places many times over so i'll take the Dublin games so i can enjoy a gargle after.

Yeah we have no pubs in Cork.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Someone posed this point on foot.ie and it's extremely worrying. A possible scenario if Cork fold is the promotion of Shels, UCD and SF and the demotion of two regional teams. Leaving the PD to contain 7 Dublin teams (incl. Bray) and 3 others. That would be disastrous really and makes a total mockery of everything the FAI are trying to do.
    If Cork go bust they would effectively take the automatic relegation place. Only max 2 of UCD, Shels and Fingal can go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If Cork go bust they would effectively take the automatic relegation place. Only max 2 of UCD, Shels and Fingal can go up.

But there are other teams on the verge too, Bohs for one.

Unless the Abbotstown Clown Foundation fudge things again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

True, but often I drive because of work and other things, so drinkage goes missing! :(

Dave Rogers sacked by Dundalk????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Have any of the Cork lads got updates from court yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

stovelid wrote: »
    Have any of the Cork lads got updates from court yet?

it's been put back three weeks while City look for some cash to start paying off the revenue. this post was taken from ccfcforum.com
    CCFC are safe until June 15th, at least. they hadnt paid the revenue 30 odd grand from the examinership and owe just under 300k. Thats only since the start of the year. Were going to pay off 90k in the next few weeks. Tom was there along with the hottest barrister in the high courts!

Tom was there along with the hottest barrister in the high courts!
    Good to know that the lawyers will benefit. Now why does that sound familiar? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Club statement from corkcityfc.ie:
    Club Statement
    Monday May 25th 2009

Cork City FC is pleased to confirm that Judge Laffoy today acceded to an application in the High Court by Mr. Olann Kelleher, representing Cork City Investments FC Ltd, for the case under the Companies Act to be deferred in order for the figures concerned to be clarified.

With the club now top of the League of Ireland Premier Division, and facing an eagerly anticipated top of the table clash against Bohemians on Friday night at Turner’s Cross, the club has every confidence that the issue will be resolved in the very near future. The case will be heard again on the 15th of June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Wondering if anyone is willing to pick up a free Dave Rogers?

Dundalk will probably have to re instate him Id say. The PFAI will see to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dundalk will probably have to re instate him Id say. The PFAI will see to that.

Or pay out his contract, wouldnt be shocked to see him back with Pats, but shels looking like his next destination as player/coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I've nothing against it but...

why is there a guy with a big "U is AVIN A LAURF MAYTE" cockney accent introducing the show

"AND DA BIG MAN, DA GUV'NA, FOARMA MANAGAH OF ISLEAND, EOOOWIN 'AND"

very strange!

Wonder will Setanta's current predicament have any bearing on the Setanta Cup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I think there is an effort to spin off the Irish operation, which is supposedly profitable.

I think Setanta Ireland is a different entity to their UK counterpart, so the Setanta Cup is still ok. I think.

• Advertisement

Another postponement in the court today?

Could be looking at a fire sale of players this month?

I would imagine the bigger earners will be told they can go for free just to get them off the wage bill. I would like to think the manager might go also. The postponement is for another 4 weeks, by which time all the ticket money for the Ipswich friendly should be in, and the revenue can be paid. Hopefully that will be the end of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Hopefully, if Cork have learned their lesson this time, it will be the end of that.

Tom was there along with the hottest barrister in the high courts!

Just on that

http://www.morgantheagency.com/portfolio.php?id=73#

Looks like the June wages have not been paid to CCFC players and staff. I do not think they have been paid in full and/or on tim,e since June 2008. What needs to happen now, is them to strike. Sure , the club will be docked points, but a stand has to be made.

Then, we are all expected to pay €25 to see Roy Keane stand on the sideline in a few weeks time. If the owner does not care anymore, why should we dig him out of another hole?

Should be docked points and relegated for next season.

But no, the Abbotstown Circus Foundation will let them off with it. Again.

And nobody can claim "It was the previous owners" - because it ain't this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Des wrote: »

Clear the wage bill
    go down
    if they survive
    couple of seasons in Div1 with a cheap team full of munster lads, rebuild, come back up, did Shams no harm(?) long term

everyone saw this coming, skint at start of season and still signing players on big wages:confused:

Pats, Sligo Rovers,Galway etc cut their cloth and are still struggling

how Bohs and Cork thought they could keep spending and get away with it?:eek:

I hope both clubs survive as when i lived in dublin, went to Bohs games, when i lived in Cork, went ot City games, but the FAI need to start slapping wrists!

Odds of either Bohs or City getting the punishment Dublin City or Cobh would have gotten in same place?:o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Looks like the June wages have not been paid to CCFC players and staff.

I've been hearing these rumors today alright. Any link for it at all?

Des wrote: »

Absolutely obsessed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

More like:

Absolutely right.

• Advertisement

If the FAI don't act here - and against Bohs - whatever minute shred of dignity the league has left is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The FAI just seem to be in denial that there are problems most of the time.

I fell sorry for the likes of Joe Gamble and Danny Murphy and the others that have stuck with the club over the last year.

If we were relegated i reckon we could still get some decent players from the MSL and get back up soon enough.

That is what needs to happen - take a few steps backwards in order to take more steps forward at a later date. We would bounce back quicker than most as well I reckon.

Here's a decent 20 minute documentary about the LoI

http://vimeo.com/5414266

stovelid wrote: »
    If the FAI don't act here - and against Bohs - whatever minute shred of dignity the league has left is gone.
    On what basis do you want the FAI to act against Bohs, above and beyond the transfer embargo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Season isnt over yet - if we're found to be over the 65% cap at the end, any punishment will be fully justified and you wont see many Bohs fans complaining.

bohsman wrote: »
    Season isnt over yet - if we're found to be over the 65% cap at the end, any punishment will be fully justified and you wont see many Bohs fans complaining.

Fair enough. Time will tell, I guess.

On what basis do you want the FAI to act against Bohs, above and beyond the transfer embargo?

Send Paddy Madden back to Shels please.

Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Have you read the piece of fiction that is the Bohs Balance Sheet for 2008? I don't know how they got away with that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Apparently we've signed Dean Marshall , probably last seen in Bohs A team , any opinions?

Advertisement