Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI "during the season" transfer rumours and gossip thread 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Have you read the piece of fiction that is the Bohs Balance Sheet for 2008? I don't know how they got away with that....

I liked this part I read in the Indo recently

In its company accounts, Bohemian directors state that they are confident the club can return to profitability within one to two years and that if its financial health further deteriorates, assets could be revalued to reflect a higher value than that currently on the club's balance sheet.

icon_eek.gif

Isn't that fraud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Des wrote: »
    assets could be revalued to reflect a higher value than that currently on the club's balance sheet

They've finally found a way to clone Deegan. The fiends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

gustavo wrote: »
    Apparently we've signed Dean Marshall , probably last seen in Bohs A team , any opinions?

He's a previous Irish underage international and looked good for us when he was on trial last season and should have been signed. Certainly has talent but obviously can't comment on his application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

JASON BYRNE GOING TO ROVERS ??????

Bohs firesale?

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    Bohs firesale?
    they offered bohs 2 tickets for the madrid game for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

paulcorr wrote: »
    JASON BYRNE GOING TO ROVERS ??????

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Have you read the piece of fiction that is the Bohs Balance Sheet for 2008? I don't know how they got away with that....

Can't see Byrne going to Rovers tbh, unless Twigg goes back to Scotland.

Can't see Byrne going to Rovers tbh, unless Twigg goes back to Scotland.

Stranger things have happened, and I think it's only a matter of time before bohs stop paying wages and he'll have to take a drop in wages and move elsewhere in order to get paid.

Would rovers want him? They could do worse...

Source?

JASON BYRNE the only other league of ire club i will sign for is shamrock rovers.

• Advertisement

JASON BYRNE the only other league of ire club i will sign for is shamrock rovers.

Have you sources for this sh1t or are you pulling it out of your arse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Barring a miracle against Red Bull I can see Byrne and several others go at the end of the season but I cant see any of the starting 11 go to another LOI side in the transfer window. Im sure we'll accept any offers for players from the UK though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

bohsman wrote: »
    Barring a miracle against Red Bull I can see Byrne and several others go at the end of the season but I cant see any of the starting 11 go to another LOI side in the transfer window. Im sure we'll accept any offers for players from the UK though.

Can yous really afford to be picky at the moment?

If he doesn't get an offer from abroad, a player like JB could certainly end up with a club like Rovers. I'd have him in a heartbeat, if the wages were right.

Remember that for the first time in years, there will be no profligate Shels/Drogs/Bohs to hoover up players in the premier.

Consider the current top four, excluding Bohs: Cork are an obvious no-no. Derry are supposed to pretty strapped after losing sponsors. Only Rovers are in relatively reasonable financial shape, but will still not offer those kind of wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

stovelid wrote: »
    If he doesn't get an offer from abroad, a player like JB could certainly end up with a club like Rovers. I'd have him in a heartbeat, if the wages were right.

Remember that for the first time in years, there will be no profligate Shels/Drogs/Bohs to hoover up players in the premier.

Consider the current top four, excluding Bohs: Cork are an obvious no-no. Derry are supposed to pretty strapped after losing sponsors. Only Rovers are in relatively reasonable financial shape, but will still not offer those kind of wages.

is 9/1 for ye to win the league looking tasty yet?

Hopefully Bohs will have lost a few of their stars before they play us in the league cup semi:p
    See what they are like with half a team and a bunch of kids:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just for fun really, how much is part timer Darragh Maguire on at Rovers?

Mark Hughes from Bohs is signing on loan supposely (was sitting in Tolka tonight). Andrei Georgescu was sitting next to Hughes, was talking to Georgie at the bus stop and he said he needs to decide by next week what he's doing with his career - either LSL teams who are looking at him or Shels if Keely offers. Then Ray Scully is in talks with us aswell, I know he is Pats nephew, thats about it. Keely also talked with one other player today, but his name is a mystery.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Just for fun really, how much is part timer Darragh Maguire on at Rovers?

You're just annoyed because I didn't mention you in the top four clubs. :)

The point isn't what particular players are on. It's whether you can pay them on what you generate in income, and not with the help of a benefactor or overdraft.

Have you sources for this sh1t or are you pulling it out of your arse?

have a look at the quote and how many ????? there are i didnt say he was going i asked the question .and you usually get SH1T from your arse mate .

You're just annoyed because I didn't mention you in the top four clubs. :)

The point isn't what particular players are on. It's whether you can pay them on what you generate in income, and not with the help of a benefactor or overdraft.

We 6th :confused: why would be in the top four clubs? have you seen us play :P

• Advertisement

have a look at the quote and how many ????? there are i didnt say he was going i asked the question .and you usually get SH1T from your arse mate .

Well you seem to sh1t out your mouth. This is what I quoted "JASON BYRNE the only other league of ire club i will sign for is shamrock rovers." No question marks there. If you're going to make statements like that, you should provide a source.

Well you seem to sh1t out your mouth. This is what I quoted "JASON BYRNE the only other league of ire club i will sign for is shamrock rovers." No question marks there. If you're going to make statements like that, you should provide a source.

The source as i said was jason byrne .And there is no point talking to people like you who seem to want to start a row over the slightest little thing . i asked a question gave a quote from the player himself and you start a row over it god you must have a lot of rows wit people if your having one wit me over something like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The source as i said was jason byrne .

I think he means an internet link to the article or a reference to a newspaper if thats where you heard it from.

I think he means an internet link to the article or a reference to a newspaper if thats where you heard it from.
    oh right well i dont have one for him sorry. BUT IF IT MEANS SO MUCH TO HIM I WILL TRY FIND ONE FOR HIM DONT WANT HIM UPSET FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND OVER SOMETHING AS BIG AS THIS. BIGGER THAN RONALDO I THINK.

true or false about Byrne, i dont know
    but i have heard that apparently some things have actually been said on this planet that arnt to be found quoted on the net

dont believe it myself, gonna do a test!

*I just said something, did a google and im not quoted anywhere:eek:

Again hard to believe but apparently life does exist outside of the interslice:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

elshambo wrote: »
    but i have heard that apparently some things have actually been said on this planet that arnt to be found quoted on the net

Again hard to believe but apparently life does exist outside of the interslice:o

I was'nt criticising him for not putting a link i was just telling him that probably was the kind of source biglebowski was looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lads, you can calm this down yourselves, or I can calm it down.

There's no need to be bouncing off one another

Thank you someone with a bit of decency at last .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

It's a common enough occurrence on boards for people to ask for a source when someone posts info, there's no need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist because they're asked to back up a statement...but if they can't, they shouldn't expect people to take their word as gospel either.

• Advertisement

Mark Hughes from Bohs is signing on loan supposely (was sitting in Tolka tonight). Andrei Georgescu was sitting next to Hughes, was talking to Georgie at the bus stop and he said he needs to decide by next week what he's doing with his career - either LSL teams who are looking at him or Shels if Keely offers. Then Ray Scully is in talks with us aswell, I know he is Pats nephew, thats about it. Keely also talked with one other player today, but his name is a mystery.

Along with the 3 above, Anthony Costigan from St.Pats is training with us, Rob Douglas from Crumlin Utd and then some Lativan is coming over on trial soon aswell.

@TheBigLebowski.

IIRC, one of the lads on another forum reckons that JB has said that only other club he'd play for is Rovers. His (JB's) old man or another family member ( I think) is supposed to have quoted him on it. Vaguely remember reading it, anyway.

How true it is, who knows?

He lives around the corner from me. Hopefully I'll bump into him one of these days and collar him about it. :D

Along with the 3 above, Anthony Costigan from St.Pats is training with us, Rob Douglas from Crumlin Utd and then some Lativan is coming over on trial soon aswell.

Ahh nuts one of the few players who looks like he wants to play for us. Looks like a decent prospect. Can play left wing or left back, done very well in pre season games. Scored vs Limerick in his 1st real game for us hasnt been in the squad since. Jeff Kenna is a master at motivation:mad:.

Ahh nuts one of the few players who looks like he wants to play for us. Looks like a decent prospect. Can play left wing or left back, done very well in pre season games. Scored vs Limerick in his 1st real game for us hasnt been in the squad since. Jeff Kenna is a master at motivation:mad:.

I'd say it would be only on loan tbh, Mark Hughes and Anthony Costigan would be loan deals and the rest permanent signings.

http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1249

Good to see Georgie back, hopefully he gets a game or two and prove he can score. Sound lad aswell, remember last season we were fixing the oul Tifo flags up before a match and he came up and started chatting to us, and then at the bus stop after the Mervue game talking to him aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Drogs have signed Brendan McGill and (for a second time) Guy Bates. Thiongs are getting better. Let's hope we can afford to pay them this time round!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0709/droghedaunited.html

• Advertisement

PDN wrote: »
    Drogs have signed Brendan McGill

Very lightweight but looks as if he has a decent cross on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I’d be surprised if he’s being released – Kenna spoke quite highly of him after the Limerick game. It wouldn’t make much sense to bring him into the first team squad and then release him a few weeks later.
    PDN wrote: »
    Drogs have signed Brendan McGill and (for a second time) Guy Bates.
    Couple of decent signings there – makes for an interesting relegation battle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What bets Drogs finish above CCFC this season? Spirits seem to be high for Drogs where as morale is said to be at an all time low at CCFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

gimmick wrote: »
    What bets Drogs finish above CCFC this season?
    What odds on CCFC finishing the season?

Cork City have missed paying wages on at least three occasions this season.

Of course Drogs should finish on more points than them.

• Advertisement

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-1815617.html

Gypsies need to win league and beat Red Bull to avoid relegation

By Neil Ahern
    Friday July 10 2009

BOHEMIANS will be facing almost certain relegation at the end of the season unless they pull off a massive double.
    Bohs will be teetering over the trapdoor into the First Division if they fail to retain the League of Ireland championship and miss out on progression into the second qualification round of the Champions League, it was claimed at a club information meeting last Tuesday night.
    Club members were informed by finance director, Chris Brien, that failure to win the league title and beat Red Bull Salzburg in the first qualifying round of the Champions League, would leave them 15pc above the FAI's 65pc Salary Cost Protocol.
    EXPULSION
    That would mean having to raise over €250,000 of extra funds in order to conform with the maximum percentage of income clubs are allowed to spend on players' wages.
    According to the figures released at the meeting, Bohs are currently at a level of roughly 68pc.
    If they end the season above the cut-off point, they will face relegation, expulsion from any European competition for which they qualify and will also relinquish any trophies they win this season.
    According to the club's finance committee, the prize money earned from a second successive League of Ireland title and progression in the Champions League, along with the extra finances that would bring, is the only way in which they can avoid relegation.
    And even that might not be enough as they would still be spending 67pc of their income on players' salaries and in need of an estimated €140,000 to edge below the 65pc mark, it was stated.
    The members were told that the club had budgeted to spend €1.4m on players' wages this season, but that figure had to be increased to €1.6m to take into account bonuses still due to the players for their league win last season.
    Their players' wage bill in 2008 was in excess of €1.9m. The players accepted a wage cut at the start of the season but they are still earning an average of €70,000 per year.
    Bohs' general secretary, Gerry Conway, has suggested that some figures with regard to gate receipts for July may have been underestimated in the finance committee's address to the members and expressed confidence that the club would comply with the FAI's Salary Cost Protocol this season.
    "I have 100pc faith that we will not be in breach of the Protocol on November 30 (the FAI deadline)," he said.
    "There are other income sources which may not have been factored into these figures because that money is not yet at hand."
    The FAI declined to comment on Bohs' current situation, but in an interview with the Irish Independent in May, Internal Compliance Officer Padraig Smith outlined the association's concerns over the club's wage-bill.
    "The Salary Cost Protocol is a big issue for them this year," said Smith. "When you have salaries that are so high and the other side of the business is not generating sufficient income to match that expenditure, it's obviously worrying.
    "We've met with the club and they (are) well aware of their obligations and the sanctions for breaching those rules.
    "It is something that we will be monitoring throughout the season and we'll know by the end of the year if they've breached the Salary Cost Protocol. If they do breach it, they will be sanctioned."
    Some members are already privately resigned to the club reverting to a part-time set-up next year, possibly in the First Division.
    - Neil Ahern

Hopefully Conway has managed to sell the ground again.

bohsman wrote: »
    Hopefully Conway has managed to sell the ground again.

have you seen there wage bill unreal average of 70000 a year.

1.9 million on wages last year. That's 500k more than our entire turnover. :(

As for relegation, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

1.9 million on wages last year. That's 500k more than our entire turnover. :(

As for relegation, I'll believe it when I see it.

Will you miss us?

SectionF wrote: »
    Will you miss us?

The same way you missed us you mean. Of course we will miss you :D:D:D
    LETS ALL LAUGH AT BOHS HA HA HA HA HA

SectionF wrote: »
    Will you miss us?

Well at least ye never disgraced the fans by having to put out a weak team when 7-8 players were missing:rolleyes:

Well at least ye never disgraced the fans by having to put out a weak team when 7-8 players were missing:rolleyes:

Dont understand that statement EXPLAIN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

When Sligo played Bray a few weeks ago, they only had two or three subs on the bench and one was keeper. Think they did something similar in the matches around it too.

Dont understand that statement EXPLAIN?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055596469&page=2
    When Sligo played Bray a few weeks ago, they only had two or three subs on the bench and one was keeper. Think they did something similar in the matches around it too.

Almost, it was the fact that Sligo Rovers fans were fine with the weakened teams being put out due to the situation we were in financially/injuries/suspensions wise at the times whereas Bohs heads seemed to think it was a disgrace/joke/? that we dont have a squad of 20 odd pros on the books:eek: (joke was that the bohs away game was a shopping trip:o:p)

I like bohs, hope they survive but they are ovedue a slap off the FAI
    for the spending of the last few years Nuttzer O'Leary and he magic checkbook

• Advertisement
Advertisement