Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI "during the season" transfer rumours and gossip thread 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

elshambo wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055596469&page=2

Almost, it was the fact that Sligo Rovers fans were fine with the weakened teams being put out due to the situation we were in financially/injuries/suspensions wise at the times whereas Bohs heads seemed to think it was a disgrace/joke/? that we dont have a squad of 20 odd pros on the books:eek: (joke was that the bohs away game was a shopping trip:o:p)

I like bohs, hope they survive but they are ovedue a slap off the FAI
    for the spending of the last few years Nuttzer O'Leary and he magic checkbook

Oh right thanks for explaining typical bohs mighty than dow attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

paulcorr wrote: »
    Oh right thanks for explaining typical bohs mighty than dow attitude.

Ya, why is it i like bohs again?:p

Cracking crowd of lads when they are losing/middle of the road team
    shower of ***** when they are winning

Irish Manc's:rolleyes:

Bit of good news for a change
    Word was Chris Butler (left back, leg break) had his contract canceled
    NOT TRUE got the pins out of his leg recently and is hoping to be back this season! :)

Ya, why is it i like bohs again?:p

Cracking crowd of lads when they are losing/middle of the road team
    shower of ***** when they are winning

We will see what there like next season on there discover ireland tour . taking in places like wexford ,longford,mervue,ballybofey,limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Almost, it was the fact that Sligo Rovers fans were fine with the weakened teams being put out due to the situation we were in financially/injuries/suspensions wise at the times whereas Bohs heads seemed to think it was a disgrace/joke/? that we dont have a squad of 20 odd pros on the books:eek: (joke was that the bohs away game was a shopping trip:o:p)

I like bohs, hope they survive but they are ovedue a slap off the FAI
    for the spending of the last few years Nuttzer O'Leary and he magic checkbook

I think most were shocked you didnt have any A team players to call up, if they were all doing their LCs fair enough.

Theres a list of people to blame for Bohs financial problems, Fenlon is not one of them. The problems were there long before, all big money contracts signed before he came in bar Byrne, Kalonas and maybe Deegan. And as with any manager he can only spend what the board give him.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Superhands

"If they end the season above the cut-off point, they will face relegation, expulsion from any European competition for which they qualify and will also relinquish any trophies they win this season."

is it the FAI who will bar them from Europe ?

seems a bit draconian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Ah now, that's just not fair. It's OK for people to have a go at Bohs: it's part of being Champions. But this is going too far.

SectionF wrote: »
    Ah now, that's just not fair. It's OK for people to have a go at Bohs: it's part of being Champions. But this is going too far.

seen as your a bohs fan have you heard the rumours deegan is on his way?

Hes a class apart, Id be shocked if he wasnt snapped up but havent heard anything.

bohsman wrote: »
    Hes a class apart, Id be shocked if he wasnt snapped up but havent heard anything.

Well im a rovers fan and the rumours are he is on his way to tallaght. But seems everyone is on there way to rovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Well im a rovers fan and the rumours are he is on his way to tallaght. But seems everyone is on there way to rovers.

Mark Quigley is going to Rovers at end of season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Mark Quigley is going to Rovers at end of season.

Apparently Ronaldo and Kaka are actually playing in Tallaght Stadium as part of a trial contract for Rovers. Mate of mine works with Kaka and says hes really hoping to impress.

DSB wrote: »
    Apparently Ronaldo and Kaka are actually playing in Tallaght Stadium as part of a trial contract for Rovers. Mate of mine works with Kaka and says hes really hoping to impress.

Quigley is better than both tbh

DSB wrote: »

WE dont need ronaldo or kaka. we have TWIGG and BAKER.:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

No. Sad to see him go if he does. A real, proper midfielder who can play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Galway going bust or is it just a scare story? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zebra3 wrote: »

http://www.galwaynews.ie/8093-exclus...nited-takeover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Attendances have gone to the dogs as well as advertising revenue collapsing. The deal with their main sponsor has been cancelled due to no money being received from them.

They are suffering big losses every week on top of a debt that is already at €500,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

They might raise some money from selling Jay O' Shea, but probably not enough.

They might raise some money from selling Jay O' Shea, but probably not enough.

Seems everytime he goes to england he gets knocked back.

Seems everytime he goes to england he gets knocked back.

Supposely like 10 scouts at the match on Friday looking at him.

• Advertisement

Supposely like 10 scouts at the match on Friday looking at him.

There were 6 girl guides aswell:D:D:D

There were 6 girl guides aswell:D:D:D

...and a partridge in a pear tree!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

But seems everyone is on there way to rovers.

I hate to say this but I have it 100% Paddy Kavanagh is going there. Will be sadly missed around here but no great surprise really.

brayblue24 wrote: »
    I hate to say this but I have it 100% Paddy Kavanagh is going there. Will be sadly missed around here but no great surprise really.

Great signing for rovers . one of many i believe we will make over the next few weeks and into next season. As far as i know its a pre contract for next season . But not to likely to play for bray again this season . Has fallen out wit gormley over the move went behind his back. Training with the u20s.

...and a partridge in a pear tree!:pac:

Is he really as good as everyone makes out or is he good in a bad side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Great signing for rovers . one of many i believe we will make over the next few weeks and into next season. As far as i know its a pre contract for next season . But not to likely to play for bray again this season . Has fallen out wit gormley over the move went behind his back. Training with the u20s.

I decided to leave that out of my scoop!! But yeah, I believe that's the jist of it. We could do with playing him, he's worth a few vital points at this stage.

Jeez, no offence but who would you prefer, Bohs or Monaghan as a home fixture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SectionF wrote: »
    Will you miss us?

I badly want Bohs to get slapped for what I think is cheating. And for the Big Club stuff from some of your support. And also to send out a firm message. If that means relegation, fair enough.

On the whole though, I want you to survive. Like I want Shels back up. The city needs its derbies; needs the grudge matches and at the end of the day, no fan (not me anyway) wants a club to die, especially not the one of the bigger clubs with a history and tradition (and historical ground) like you lot.

I still hate you though. :)

Gormley should patch up with PK pronto. You really need him at the minute. Have a soft spot for Bray, don't want to see them go down.

PK will be a class signing for us. Deegan would be in another realm entirely. One of the best in the league, IMO.

Fairly much sums up how I felt when Rovers went down, fun and all as the night in Tolka Park was for Dublin City v Rovers.

Deegan is far too good for this league - also rumoured to be on 1k a week as a player and another 2k as a coach so doubt he'll go to Rovers. Him and Murphy are the only ones Id be gutted to see go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Fairly much sums up how I felt when Rovers went down, fun and all as the night in Tolka Park was for Dublin City v Rovers.

What comes around goes around! :D That was a cracking night, but they had the last laugh compared to Shels on that front! :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Deegan is far too good for this league - also rumoured to be on 1k a week as a player and another 2k as a coach so doubt he'll go to Rovers. Him and Murphy are the only ones Id be gutted to see go.

I'd be gobsmacked if Deego stayed in the LOI. Absolute quality player, I'll miss him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

By my estimation, Eddie has fallen out with (at least) Franco, Robbie Doyle, Mark Duggan, Jay O'Shea, Paul Caffrey and now Paddy Kavanagh.

He is by far the most stubborn manager we've ever had, even worse than Devo. He always has to have his way. He won't have it any other way, which is a shame because we've lost some good players through his pig-headedness.

I know in this case Kav wanted to go and I can understand why Eddie wouldn't play him against Rovers but the fact is we're in a relegation struggle and Kav is a player who can turn things around. If Eddie cops on and thinks about the club's future instead of his own pride, then we mightn't be in the position we are in.

I read in The Star that Shams had a couple of Slovakian lads on trial against Newcastle. One is an U-21 international and the other a U-19.

It said Shams might take them on loan for the rest of the season and that they would be moving to England in January.

Eoin Doyle (Shamrock Rovers) gone to Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Colin Healy and Denis Behan gone to Hartlepool according to reports this morning. Let the exodus begin.

Wonder will Dan Murray end up at FC Shamrock Of Tallaght?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I presume it's common knowledge by now, but Fabio O'Brien is on loan at Pats until the end of the season - decent bit of cover up front.

stovelid wrote: »
    Eoin Doyle (Shamrock Rovers) gone to Sligo.

Any use?
    Position?
    Any use?

Any use?
    Position?
    Any use?

Forward. Young player with decent potential imo.

He's not got a look-in under MON. Twigg, Baker, Purcell and Amond are (rightly imo) ahead of him.

stovelid wrote: »
    Forward. Young player with decent potential imo.

He's not got a look-in under MON. Twigg, Baker, Purcell and Amond are (rightly imo) ahead of him.

Sound!
    thats 3 CF's signed this window
    can now switch Boco to RM/RB where he belongs:D

Now just need......:o

*for those wondering how we are signing players, couple of "big" earners were let go
    from what i hear the reserves at Pats/Bohs/Cork are/were earning more than our "big" earners:eek:

Sound!
    thats 3 CF's signed this window
    can now switch Boco to RM/RB where he belongs:D

Now just need......:o

*for those wondering how we are signing players, couple of "big" earners were let go
    from what i hear the reserves at Pats/Bohs/Cork are/were earning more than our "big" earners:eek:

Did'nt Almeida leave a couple of weeks ago? How much was he on?

• Advertisement

Did'nt Almeida leave a couple of weeks ago? How much was he on?

not sure to be honest

people's wages their own business within reason (some lads not in Pats first team are on some wedge apparently)

id guess at 800-1000 a week, purely a guess but i remember he was supposed to be on decent money, (probably little less)
    average wage at Rovers is well small

Sean Docherty gone as well, he was probalby on similar to Almeida

*there was a rumour that Boco was top earner on 2 grand a week which was laughed at by him/club/all concerned

Sligo rovers just signed Joe Kendrick :D

Opinions welcome

Colin O'Brien (younger brother of Shels player Mark) has signed for Shels from Dundalk U-20's. Started tonight and looked decent also played well against Leeds the other day.

Opinions welcome

Turned pats down twice for more money with Drogs/ wherever he was until he just signed for you.

Each time i reckoned he would sort out our left back problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Opinions welcome

cant defend to save his life, he is really one of the worst defenders I have seen in the league BUT is very good at attacking from full back

^ Anytime I have seen him he is pure muck.

• Advertisement

Colin Healy about to sign for Ipswich. Glad he did not go to hartlepool, but gutted to be loosing the ebst centre mid in the league. Needs must however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

gimmick wrote: »
    Colin Healy about to sign for Ipswich. Glad he did not go to hartlepool, but gutted to be loosing the best centre mid in the league. Needs must however.

Gary Deegan :)

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Gary Deegan :)

Gary Dempsey :)

gimmick wrote: »
    Colin Healy about to sign for Ipswich. Glad he did not go to hartlepool, but gutted to be loosing the ebst centre mid in the league. Needs must however.

I'm glad he went to Ipswich as well. Read in the Star that Hamilton were interested in him and Joe Gamble but i think Ipswich is a good move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Gary Dempsey :)

Gary Cronin:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement