Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI "during the season" transfer rumours and gossip thread 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Chris turner best midfielder in league by a mile ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Sarge wrote: »
    Chris turner best midfielder in league by a mile ?

One of the best anyway. Not the best but top 5 or 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sarge wrote: »
    Chris turner worst midfielder in league by a mile ?

Definitely, especially since Mr Invisible Mark O'Brien is in the first division now.

Deegan is easily the best Ive seen in the league but cant see him sticking around much longer - even if he does see out the season at Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

bohsman wrote: »
    Definitely, especially since Mr Invisible Mark O'Brien is in the first division now.

Deegan is easily the best Ive seen in the league but cant see him sticking around much longer - even if he does see out the season at Rovers.

MOB been doing brilliant for Shels, and well his little bro Colin aka Nipper is an a cracking young lad aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Deegan, I have to say. Especially considering his age.

He could definitely embark on the "magic airplane" if he continues apace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Defo Deego. By a country mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Gary Dempsey :)
    Most under-rated midfielder in the league - been badly missed by Pats this season.

MOB been doing brilliant for Shels, and well his little bro Colin aka Nipper is an a cracking young lad aswell.

He was highly rated in a poor Rovers side when we signed him aswell but did nothing. Think it was all over for him when he got substituted 25mins into a cup game against Waterford Crystal.

I'd be surprised if Deegan doesn't get some interest from England or Scotland before the end of August. Especially when they can screw over Bohs on the price, no doubt.

Rumour of a 120k bid from Ipswich. Kilmarnock offered him £500 a week when he was over on trial preseason apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Gary Deegan will be out of contract when he signs for his next team, and any money being paid will be paid to Shels as compensation due to his age if I'm not mistaken.

As well as Paddy Kavanagh (transfer) Barry Johnston (loan from Cliftonville until the end of the season), Rovers have now signed Pat Sullivan from Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Superb player.

Can play anywhere and do a job. Good footballer and an athlete as well.

Superb player.

Can play anywhere and do a job. Good footballer and an athlete as well.

Sorry to have posted it, really.

Perhaps should have waited for a while. No offense meant and best of luck.

Foras abu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Wexford Youths' Jimmy Keohane was on trial at Wolves this week. Haven't heard much more about it but there's no mention of him missing for Youths' match against Kildare County so I'm assuming he's back for tonight.

He'll be a good player though, will Keohane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

It'll be interesting to see what the transfer fee is. That's if it's not "undisclosed".

Probably will be undisclosed but I'd be guessing around the 80k mark with a bunch of clauses.

Probably will be undisclosed but I'd be guessing around the 80k mark with a bunch of clauses.
    I'd say you're right on both counts. I know of one good reason for it being undisclosed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

on Galway Bay fm that it was a six figure sum last night so 100,000+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Best of luck to Jay. Hope he does the club proud in the Premier League and gets some games for Birmingham

on Galway Bay fm that it was a six figure sum last night so 100,000+

Serious, that's fairly nice sum if true. Did Galway lose out on money when their old sponsor left a few weeks back?

Did Galway lose out on money when their old sponsor left a few weeks back?
    Yes but that's the least of our problems.

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    Yes but that's the least of our problems.

More than a six-figure sum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

What do you think are o'shea's first team prospects are i'd love to see him play a big part in keeping birmingham up

• Advertisement

What do you think are o'shea's first team prospects are i'd love to see him play a big part in keeping birmingham up

Not a chance. He'll be very lucky to get game at all. I certainly can't see him starting any games. It would be nice for him to score a late goal somewhere along the way. Might get him noticed.

fh041205 wrote: »
    Not a chance. He'll be very lucky to get game at all. I certainly can't see him starting any games. It would be nice for him to score a late goal somewhere along the way. Might get him noticed.

In fairness, hasn't Fahey played a lot of games? Albeit in the Championship.

Obviously be interesting to see if he is selected next season though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

stovelid wrote: »
    In fairness, hasn't Fahey played a lot of games? Albeit in the Championship.

Obviously be interesting to see if he is selected next season though.

Faheys more an exception. A lot of players who've gone over seem to end up being loaned out to League 1 and 2 teams.

Hopefully that won't happen to O'Shea.

I'm hearing rumours that Brian Murphy has signed a pre-contract agreement with Ipswich?

• Advertisement

Murphy and Deegan are definitely gone at the end of the season. Rumours that Ipswich and Newcastle are both trying to buy Deegan before the end of the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Stephen O Donnell at Motherwell for a trial.

The guy who gets paid to be in goal for CCFC has supposedly signed for Exeter. Good riddance.

Heard Michael Devine is gone to Waterford.

Yes, he moved to Waterford at least 6 months ago!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

O'Shea came on for the last ten for Birmingham today, Fahey played the 90. Safe to say thats the first time Jay's played in front of 75,000!

gimmick wrote: »
    Yes, he moved to Waterford at least 6 months ago!!!!

Oh right. Hadn't seen it mentioned before.

O'Shea came on for the last ten for Birmingham today, Fahey played the 90.!

Was it on Sky? That way, even Trapp might have seen it.

stovelid wrote: »
    Was it on Sky? That way, even Trapp might have seen it.

If not he'll probably watch the DVD while relaxing back in Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

O'Shea came on for the last ten for Birmingham today, Fahey played the 90. Safe to say thats the first time Jay's played in front of 75,000!
    Going by our attendances he probably hasn't played infront of 1,500 before! Didn't catch the match does anybody know how he did considering his last game was in Bray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

O shea didnt get much of a look in looked terrified, Fahey was class for the whole match didnt look out of place at all.

O Shea played in bray last week now plays in Old Trafford :P

Both players went from LOI to PL for peanuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

dreamers75 wrote: »
    O shea didnt get much of a look in looked terrified, Fahey was class for the whole match didnt look out of place at all.

O Shea played in bray last week now plays in Old Trafford :P

Both players went from LOI to PL for peanuts.

We got about 500K for Fahey about the best price we could have got for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We got about 500K for Fahey about the best price we could have got for him

65k for todays appearance :D

Only other addon is ireland cap, cmon Trap do it for ireland :D

Think Fahey is too attacking for Trap. O'Shea or Deegan to be the next magic flight contestants to get called up. Anyone know how Ward did for Wolves? Played LB I take it?

Think Fahey is too attacking for Trap.
    Probably, although Stephen Ireland isn't exactly famed for his defensive abilities.
    Anyone know how Ward did for Wolves? Played LB I take it?
    Wolves were pretty poor defensively - very disorganised from what I saw. It's going to be difficult for either Ward (or Foley) to look good in what will most likely be a struggling side. Having said that, he got forward well and got some useful crosses in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

A11399F3100B4530A812C729EDEF02D0.jpg

Dundalk latest club in trouble? Word is they have asked all members to take a €3k loan to try help out?

Did the game Vs Barca Atletic ever happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Read in the paper that it was cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Gotta laugh at the post match interviews, Mattews says that Drogs played all the football and Cork were just humping it into the corners

Doolin comes on and says Drogs were just playing long ball and Cork were worth the win:eek::o

Doolin looked well stressed, any chance Cork could afford to undo the mistake of signing him?

elshambo wrote: »

Doolin looked well stressed, any chance Cork could afford to undo the mistake of signing him?

Probably not.

He has'nt endeared himself us either. Negative tactics along with refering to Cork as "down there" and the team as "them".

I know the pint poured over him was a step too far but he isn't making any efforts to win over the fans.

• Advertisement

Trappatoni attended the Bohs match last night to see Brian Murphy. Nice to see him finally attending a LOI game.

Advertisement