Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI "during the season" transfer rumours and gossip thread 2009

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

bohsman wrote: »
    All Premier division clubs got a similar early payment in June. Nothing story.

It wasn't a similar payment, it was 10k from their end of season league money and it was paid out because Bohs and Cork were (are) in such a mess financially. The fact that Bohs needed another 100k to paper over the cracks is even more damning.

If Bohemians don't win the league and get the €250,000 that goes along with it, I think there's a real danger they could go under. It's insane that Fenlon and their board are still talking about being a full-time team next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

If Bohemians don't win the league and get the €250,000 that goes along with it, I think there's a real danger they could go under. It's insane that Fenlon and their board are still talking about being a full-time team next season.

What makes you think that? Bit like me saying that if Rovers dont sort out their racism problem there'll probably be a kkk lodge set up in the stadium by the end of the season.

On the 10k front, most clubs didnt have to organise an away trip to Austria during the midseason break.

elshambo wrote: »
    Ive no problem with the 100K based on the coming UEFA monies
    Thats standard
    Thats sensible

Im on about the possible end of season fudge, the one that looks like its already being prepared

Oh and Where do i apply for one of the upcoming bar jobs in the phibbsboro?

seem like great wages for working in such a small, underused, overstaffed bar

Ah right, the upcoming fudge, as if there isnt enough problems in the league to be worrying about. Not sure how youd go about applying for bar work, wrong forum imo.

Ive said it all along, if we are under the 65% rule we deserve any punishment we get. Not much we can do now other than fundraise and see what conways masterplan is at the upcoming info meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ah right, the upcoming fudge, as if there isnt enough problems in the league to be worrying about.

The problem is that its Bohs are the biggest participants in "the leagues" problems. The fact that its not a level playing field, some play fair other cheat doesn't help matters and causes people to turn away from the league.

I still find it hilarious the amount of Bohs fans with their heads in the sand. Ah sure everything is grand, we have no troubles. Personally I think the league would be much better served if the FAI had the proverbials to send Bohs down. Sends a strong message out.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

iregk wrote: »
    The problem is that its Bohs are the biggest participants in "the leagues" problems. The fact that its not a level playing field, some play fair other cheat doesn't help matters and causes people to turn away from the league.

I still find it hilarious the amount of Bohs fans with their heads in the sand. Ah sure everything is grand, we have no troubles. Personally I think the league would be much better served if the FAI had the proverbials to send Bohs down. Sends a strong message out.

Is this the same FAI that gave Cork a premier license?

I, like Bohsman think if we don't come under the 65% then we should be punished. It's the only way to sort the mess out and it will send out a strong message but like everthing else there has to be consistency. Every club should be treated the same and I feel sorry for the likes of Cobh.

Interesting to see how many teams will get a license for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What makes you think that? Bit like me saying that if Rovers dont sort out their racism problem there'll probably be a kkk lodge set up in the stadium by the end of the season.

Wow, deflector shields set to maximum, play a racism card, nice one. FFS.

PDHeadInSand.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Des wrote: »

PDHeadInSand.gif

I think there's only one person here that has the head in the sand. Rovers explanation that they were saying "Hoops, Hoops, Hoops..." is laughable. Funny though that they only said it when Ndo had the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Roaster wrote: »
    I think there's only one person here that has the head in the sand. Rovers explanation that they were saying "Hoops, Hoops, Hoops..." is laughable. Funny though that they only said it when Ndo had the ball.

You know well that the overwhelming majority of supporters on both sides want to stamp down hard on stuff like bottle throwing and racism, still thankfully rare to non-existent in the league.

It's classic League of Ireland. Adopt the moral high ground and hammer your rivals about anything - one or two alleged numbsksulls in a crowd of 6000, casuals or whatever - until a few months later, you'll probably fall foul of the same thing.

It would have been long forgotten about by now if the result had went your way last Friday. It's patently obvious that the continuing brouhaha is being whipped up by the same old coterie of Rovers haters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Roaster wrote: »
    I, like Bohsman think if we don't come under the 65% then we should be punished.

Just wondering, that 65% include all the barstaff, cheerleaders, maintance engineers, tea boys, community pro's, coaches, car park attendants on the staff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Jason McGuinness.

hunter164 wrote: »
    Jason McGuinness.
    :eek:
    Can i hear an AAAHH SNAP from the hip kids in the cheap seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

hunter164 wrote: »
    Jason McGuinness.

Thank you for playing.

PDHeadInSand.gif

So you just skipped the bit where I said we deserve any punishment we get IF we finish outside the 65% so you could post a picture most associated with Shels fans?

As for McGuinness - he apologised after the game, we tried to sack him and did give him a suspension on top of the one imposed by the FAI while Rovers continue to deny anything happened last week.

Again if we dont meet the 65% criteria we deserve any punishment given. I am not happy with the way the club has been run over the last 10 years. Its laughable to say that not winning the league would put us under as a club because that extra 100k or whatever is a drop in the ocean compared to our total debts.

did give him a suspension on top of the one imposed by the FAI

No no no, ye suspended him FIRST
    then said that should be enough, he has been punished
    THEN gave out when the league handed out their suspension

Same difference.

• Advertisement

Same difference.

how is gave him a ban on top of the FAI one

the same as

Gave out stick when he got banned by the FAI ???

Fair enough, a bit different, doesnt change the fact that we dealt with it immediately.

Fair enough, a bit different, doesnt change the fact that we dealt with it immediately.

Whole world of difference

gotta love the fudge

Whole world of difference

gotta love the fudge

So we should have denied it happened and allowed Jayo to play on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

After Shelbournes visit to the RSC postponed on Tuesday night due to the downpour,a word of warning for anyone travelling with Monaghan for the game tonight. It's been pouring all morning here and i'm guessing we'll have another postponed game on our hands.
    The Blues fixtures are really starting to pile up.

• Advertisement

So we should have denied it happened and allowed Jayo to play on?
    What?
    :confused:

No what ye should have done was this:
    give him a suspension on top of the one imposed by the FAI

And not this:
    Its very simple!

*btw rumour abound that ye only gave him yer suspension first to stop the FAI going hard on him (didnt work)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Gonna feel like a theif using this voucher for free LOI games tonight. Its like goin to a charity gig and taking money! Might just pay for my ticket

After Shelbournes visit to the RSC postponed on Tuesday night due to the downpour,a word of warning for anyone travelling with Monaghan for the game tonight. It's been pouring all morning here and i'm guessing we'll have another postponed game on our hands.
    The Blues fixtures are really starting to pile up.

Was it raining during the week as well?
    Id imagine it would be hard for the pitch to recover

We could be in for a few 70's style mudbaths tonight around the country
    (or in LOI terms 90's style:o)

Nothing worse than season getting messed up because of weather, i remember when Sanchez was in charge of Sligo Rovers, we had an outside shot at the league, but weather was awful out west for whole winter/feb into march, load of games called off, players went on booze, season over:(

Trilla wrote: »
    Gonna feel like a theif using this voucher for free LOI games tonight. Its like goin to a charity gig and taking money! Might just pay for my ticket

Are Bohs at home? Don't use it.

Give it to me, we're in Santry tonight, don't want to be paying Torpedo.

Are Bohs at home? Don't use it.
    Grand job!

The clubs are getting nothing for it.

Any regular fan who uses these tickets to get in for free is a twat, in my estimation.

Any regular fan who uses these tickets to get in for free is a twat, in my estimation.
    unless they are going to Torpedo of course????:p

Anyone has one, bring someone with, give them the free ticket!!!?

Games any good get them to buy you a pint on way home

I was thinking I might buy a programme and a burdocks though to make up for it!!

unless they are going to Torpedo of course????:p
    I actually meant home fans.

Away fans can do what they like, afaic.

Of course, most of the Fungal home "fans" are on freebies anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Hardly sticking his oar in, he's telling it like it is.
    True, but there is a slight air of hypocrisy about it, considering Pats' financial future is far from rock solid.

But I agree, there is a shortage of straight-talkers in the league and frank comments from any club are to be welcomed (assuming they are in some way constructive, of course).

• Advertisement

Give it to me, we're in Santry tonight, don't want to be paying Torpedo.

I'll even stand you the price of a burger for having to stand on that terrace. :D

its yours for twenty quid Des ;)

stovelid wrote: »
    I'll even stand you the price of a burger for having to stand on that terrace. :D
    Nice one.
    Trilla wrote: »
    its yours for twenty quid Des ;)

I got a free one from Shelsweb. Thanks. ;)

I got a free one from Shelsweb. Thanks. ;)
    Worth a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

As for McGuinness - he apologised after the game, we tried to sack him and did give him a suspension on top of the one imposed by the FAI while Rovers continue to deny anything happened last week.
    He's still scum and still playing for you. I'm not a Rovers fan so I wasn't at the match. But I don't think you can call any club racist when one of your own was caught out for saying something like that

Was it raining during the week as well?
    Id imagine it would be hard for the pitch to recover

We could be in for a few 70's style mudbaths tonight around the country
    (or in LOI terms 90's style:o)

Nothing worse than season getting messed up because of weather, i remember when Sanchez was in charge of Sligo Rovers, we had an outside shot at the league, but weather was awful out west for whole winter/feb into march, load of games called off, players went on booze, season over:(

Nice warm sunny day yesterday would've given the pitch a chance to recover.It cleared up at about 3 today so I better get on the phone!

Nice warm sunny day yesterday would've given the pitch a chance to recover.It cleared up at about 3 today so I better get on the phone!

Pity it wasn't postponed.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live_feed/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/10/10/SOCCER_Celtic.html&ID=
    CELTIC FRIENDLY CALLED OFF

Celtic's friendly against Derry City on Sunday has been postponed.

The League of Ireland club gave no explanation for the decision, amid reports they were unhappy with the strength of squad the Hoops were sending to Brandywell.

The match had been arranged as part of winger Paddy McCourt's transfer from Derry to Celtic last year.

A large swathe of the Glasgow club's first team are currently either on international duty or injured.

That includes McCourt, who is with the Northern Ireland squad.

A previous friendly between Derry and Celtic sparked criticism after the visitors fielded a second-string team.

Supporters who have bought tickets for the game have been offered a refund.

Celtic are due to to face Irish League club Cliftonville in a friendly on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

It's good for people who are boycotting their club, who can now go to matches without giving their club a cent.

• Advertisement

Pure Cork wrote: »
    It's good for people who are boycotting their club, who can now go to matches without giving their club a cent.

And fans of proper clubs to not give franchises a cent.

Just heard Shels are playing in Dalyer next season? Is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

stovelid wrote: »
    Just heard Shels are playing in Dalyer next season? Is this true?

yup

But its hard to make out the exact reasoning due to the wording in the herald.

"Whilst Tolka is redeveloped and apartments are built" doesnt mention it being a long or short term thing. It implies they are going back to Tolka

dreamers75 wrote: »
    yup

But its hard to make out the exact reasoning due to the wording in the herald.

"Whilst Tolka is redeveloped and apartments are built" doesnt mention it being a long or short term thing. It implies they are going back to Tolka

Didn't see the Herald. Just got a text so that must be the source of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Reply to the Herald story from our board - http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1342

This rumour has been gathering pace since mid-August, on the oul supporters' bus up to Finn Harps, Tosh (the gent who runs the bus) said it to me asking did I hear anything, and according to him it's as good as a done deal and he'd be talking to the board and people involved with Shels a lot. Scary though, it may be a shorter journey for me but Dalyer would be the death of Shels if it's not just a pitstop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Reply to the Herald story from our board - http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=1342

This rumour has been gathering pace since mid-August, on the oul supporters' bus up to Finn Harps, Tosh (the gent who runs the bus) said it to me asking did I hear anything, and according to him it's as good as a done deal and he'd be talking to the board and people involved with Shels a lot. Scary though, it may be a shorter journey for me but Dalyer would be the death of Shels if it's not just a pitstop.

Why you arent you playing Tallaght or Richmond/Morton? talks were had with all parties.

gwan tell them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Why you arent you playing Tallaght or Richmond/Morton? talks were had with all parties.

gwan tell them :D

Yup them 3 along with Whitehall (that's down the drain after spending a few grand on plans and all), AUL (please God no!) and Irishtown (locals don't want us, but by God I'd spare them a few body parts for us to play there).

Would have thought Dalyer would be the best short-term option as it's closer? Morton is obviously a hole. I'd say Tallaght wouldn't the cheapest rent option....

It's a joke that the local authority are building a team and stadium in North Dublin when two traditional clubs in the catchment area could have been facilitated.

Jesus..

Mark Farren has a brain tumour

Get well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bray looking for yet another reprieve! Can't say more than that yet.

Advertisement