Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Fortune Tellers / Psychics work - ever?

Options
  • 12-03-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭

Reason I ask is that as cynical as I am, I went to one a few weeks ago and some of the stuff she said was so accurate it was weird.

Now, she got some things wrong too, but how could she come up with something like " ask your girlfriend about the sombrero hat and tell her the person who wore it is happy now " and it turns out a family member wore one as a laugh and died soon after :eek:

What is the secret?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Im not sure how much faith I have in them. Maybe because Ive gone to crap ones...I dunno.

But Id wonder how much you gave away during the session..

Also, that thing you were looking for, youll find it soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Reason I ask is that as cynical as I am, I went to one a few weeks ago and some of the stuff she said was so accurate it was weird.

Now, she got some things wrong too, but how could she come up with something like " ask your girlfriend about the sombrero hat and tell her the person who wore it is happy now " and it turns out a family member wore one as a laugh and died soon after :eek:

What is the secret?

They call it cold reading iirc, have a look at Derren Brown on Youtube
    he cold reads a room full of psychics. pretty impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

I would highly recommend reading Derren Brown's book and you can then make up your own mind. I think they are all crooks personally :mad:

http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk/products/totm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Im not sure how much faith I have in them. Maybe because Ive gone to crap ones...I dunno.

But Id wonder how much you gave away during the session..

Also, that thing you were looking for, youll find it soon...

Thing was, I didn't even know about it till I asked later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

OP who did you go to a matter on interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

OP who did you go to a matter on interest?

some German girl in Bray, though I was at a girl called Jenny Jones a few years ago ( twice in 2 years ), first time amazing, second time ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

What is the secret?

some are real

some are complete charlatans

some claim to be psychic but in reality only read tarot

some will connect with you, some wont

personally the best success i have had has been with Billy Martin in Mullingar, he sounds generic but i have asked numerous future based questions re contact, job, deaths etc etc and 95% have come true in the timeframe he gave so i give him the benefit of the doubt as conincidence can only happen so much....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

celtic1888 wrote: »
    some are real

some claim to be psychic but in reality only read tarot

some think they are real

some claim to be psychic but in reality only read tarot are not
    celtic1888 wrote: »
    personally the best success i have had has been with Billy Martin in Mullingar, he sounds generic but i have asked numerous future based questions re contact, job, deaths etc etc and 95% have come true in the timeframe he gave so i give him the benefit of the doubt as conincidence can only happen so much....

WTF.. conincidence can only happen so much so therefore he must be able to look into the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Have you ever had a reading of any description and what do you base your opinion on.? Am just asking,not moaning at you,id like to know where people get there opinions on these things.
    dvpower wrote: »
    some think they are real

WTF.. conincidence can only happen so much so therefore he must be able to look into the future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

dvpower wrote: »
    some think they are real

you dont believe me.......jeeez gonna cry myself to sleep tonight...LAMP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i'd love to go to a really good one. but how do you know? just try a load of them? I used to think the more expensive they are the more genuine thay must be... I dunno.... they've all told me different things. some of them are ok but i think most of them seem to be guess artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ryker

a friend of mine went to a guy in duleek she said he was brillint, he was able to tel her things about her past the fact tht she was adopted and was able to tell her what her real mothers first name is

Advertisement