Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Flip 8220

• 12-03-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a Blackberry Flip 8220 or have any opinions on them? I am contemplating getting one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

*Kol* wrote: »
    Anyone got a Blackberry Flip 8220 or have any opinions on them? I am contemplating getting one.

If you plan on using the Flip 8220 on Vodafone or O2 then you should be fine, but if you plan on using it on Meteor or 3, then the Internet, MMS, email etc will not work; you'll only be able to use it as a basic handset for calls and sms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Rsaeire wrote: »
    If you plan on using the Flip 8220 on Vodafone or O2 then you should be fine, but if you plan on using it on Meteor or 3, then the Internet, MMS, email etc will not work; you'll only be able to use it as a basic handset for calls and sms.

Thanks. I plan on using it on O2 for email and calls. From the reviews I have read it is more or less the same as the pearl except it has video and wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Here are a couple of conclusions from two reviews I've read on Infosync and Mobile Burn that, if you haven't already read, you might find useful.
    Infosync wrote:
    Pros: Great new BlackBerry user interface. Lightweight phone. Good battery life. Great messaging features, especially for IM fans.
    Cons: Interface improvements don't go deep enough (especially in the calendar). Poor Web browser for a modern smartphone. Call quality could be better.
    Conclusion

I was a very big fan of RIM's original mainstream consumer device, the BlackBerry Pearl 8100. It offered good functionality in a nice form factor, and had a great trackball for navigation. The Pearl Flip offers much of the same goodness in a new form factor.

But while the Pearl Flip 8220 has a great feature set and a pretty large SureType 20 key keypad, it just doesn't feel as rugged or easy to use as the original Pearl. It's a decent phone, it just doesn't seem to be the great messaging phone that the Pearl and Curve models are. With that thought it mind, we give the Pearl Flip 8220 a "Recommended" rating and feel that there will be many people that love the device - just not everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Thanks a lot. I have ordered it anyway. I have the pearl as a fallback if it's no good!!

Advertisement