Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout Ireland Response from 3

Options
  • 12-03-2009 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I out the following questions to the head of 3's Mobile Broadband Department last week and this is the reply i received this morning.

My Questions in Bold!

What is 3's Stance on the Proposed Censorship of Internet Content in Ireland by the IRMA?
    3 does not condone the use of its network to be used in the theft of copyrighted services. 3 is liaising with the music labels to address their issues, in a way which will respect the privacy of our customers and both Irish and European legislation.

Does 3 have any plans to Comply with the Outrageous demands made by the IRMA?
    3 understands why IRMA has undertaken these measures, however, 3 does believe there needs to be a line drawn somewhere to protect the privacy of its customers. We have received correspondence from solicitors acting on behalf of the music labels indicating the legal proces that has begun and we are working with all parties involved.

Is it even possible since 3 Datamodems use a Dynamic IP address?
    At the moment, 3 cannot restrict use of certain file-sharing protocols, but where necessary has the ability to block 'unsuitable' websites and trace IP addresses.

Does 3 Believe That the internet needs to be protected with strong neutrality laws or will it be pushed aside and allow the IRMA and similar companies police the internet?
    3 believes that the privacy of its customers and their freedom of choice is extremely important. 3 will work with IRMA or simliar companies who are seeking to police the internet to investigate how we can protect the interests of all parties concerned.

Damien, should you have any further questions please don't hesistate to call.

Thanks

Katherine Thomas
    PR & Communications Executive, 3
    M:+353 83 3538796
    W:three.ie

Advertisement