Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*URGENT* please help me find my car *URGENT*

Options
  • 12-03-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

hi, i need help to find my car, i left it outside my old house in Grange Walk, Stamullen in Co Meath. I had to leave it there cos it would not start when I was moving house so I could not bring it with me at that time, but when I went back out to get it, it was gone and the road was re-surfaced. I have contacted the police, dead end, I have contacted the county council, dead end. I have even rang my old landlord to see if she has heard anything about it....dead end. I was wondering if anyone can help me, I miss my little car, and I don't think it was stolen, it wouldn't start, I think it was just moved to let the builders do the road, but I can't locate the builders either. It's a little wine/red Renault Clio and it's a 99D reg, if you think you can help and need the rest of the reg please PM me, I don't know if it would be a great idea to leave the details here.
    Any help at all would be great, I am totally heart broken over this.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Did you check your pockets?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Have you tried anywhere besides that Dead end ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Is it behind the couch?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Did you check 1 World Trade Centre Plaza?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

it could have been collected by one of those recovery trucks and taken straight to the scrap yard to be crushed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

When exactly did you abandon your car and when did you go back to get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

I am totally heart broken over this.
    PI >> http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Its nearly always the last place you look...so try there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Were its tax and insurance up to date. Out of date tax could mean it was removed by the council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Hazys wrote: »
    Its nearly always the last place you look...so try there

I'm sorry you have lost your car but these guys are cracking me up!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pixiestix

eth0_ wrote: »
    When exactly did you abandon your car and when did you go back to get it?
    i left it there in october and went back at around christmas and the road was re-surfaced and the car was gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Someone probably reported it as abandoned, especially if it didn't belong to anyone who was (At the time) living there?

Ste.phen wrote: »
    Someone probably reported it as abandoned, especially if it didn't belong to anyone who was (At the time) living there?

where would it be taken to if reported abandoned?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

Social Services would have taken it to a little car orphanage.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

pixiestix wrote: »
    where would it be taken to if reported abandoned?

To be crushed:eek:

The council would take it and presumably hand it over to a local scrap yard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

i left it there in october and went back at around christmas and the road was re-surfaced and the car was gone :(

You left it there for 2 months and assumed it would still be there when you got back?

I imagine it was either vandalised and taken away by the council, or local residents complained to the council/gardai and they had it towed away. If they couldn't contact you (out of date address on your tax or vehicle registration certificate) I think they crush the car after a certain amount of time has elapsed.

Ring the gardai, council, find out who is responsible for picking up abandoned cars etc.

Why are you only posting about this now, 5 months on??

Have you informed your insurance company that the car is missing? If it's stolen and involved in a crash, you will be responsible.

eth0_ wrote: »
    You left it there for 2 months and assumed it would still be there when you got back?

I imagine it was either vandalised and taken away by the council, or local residents complained to the council/gardai and they had it towed away. If they couldn't contact you (out of date address on your tax or vehicle registration certificate) I think they crush the car after a certain amount of time has elapsed.

Ring the gardai, council, find out who is responsible for picking up abandoned cars etc.

Why are you only posting about this now, 5 months on??

Have you informed your insurance company that the car is missing? If it's stolen and involved in a crash, you will be responsible.

i was hoping someone would know the developers/builders so i could contact them, or might have seen the car, perhaps it was moved to some ones garden for safe keeping. i was hoping perhaps a neighbour might know something. i was keeping my hopes up, its my car. i didnt post here to have people laugh at me and make fun of me. i posted here to enquire about my car. but i wont be posting on boards anymore, whats the point when all that happens is people make me feel worthless and stupid...not you eth0, but the other people that replied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

i was hoping someone would know the developers/builders so i could contact them, or might have seen the car, perhaps it was moved to some ones garden for safe keeping. i was hoping perhaps a neighbour might know something. i was keeping my hopes up, its my car. i didnt post here to have people laugh at me and make fun of me. i posted here to enquire about my car. but i wont be posting on boards anymore, whats the point when all that happens is people make me feel worthless and stupid...not you eth0, but the other people that replied.

well people told you what the standard thing that happens to abandoned cars - they get towed and eventually crushed..

And you can't blame people for having a bit of a laugh when you decide to abandon a vehicle in a public place for such a ridiculous amount of time and then are surprised when it may have been crushed..

Well as one of those posters I'd like to apologise if that’s the way I made you feel, I’m sure it was a joke that just got out of hand.

Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Nicole has it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Did you check under the new surface of the road? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

Your car wouldn't have been towed by the council unless the number plates had been removed, then it becomes litter which they then have responsibility for and I'd say if you contact the local Gardai they'd be able to fill you in on the local recovery services, so you could start trying them.

i didnt post here to have people laugh at me and make fun of me. i posted here to enquire about my car.

Hardly anyone made fun of you, most gave you good advice and told you what might have happened to your car. You have to face facts that it may well have been crushed..

daithip wrote: »
    Your car wouldn't have been towed by the council unless the number plates had been removed, then it becomes litter which they then have responsibility for and I'd say if you contact the local Gardai they'd be able to fill you in on the local recovery services, so you could start trying them.

This happens a lot though. There was a car parked in the road behind my old house for about 6 months, never moved, nothing in it, out of date tax and insurance. It sat there until one day someone smashed a window and took the plates off. It was removed by the council the next day.

I am assuming something similar could have happened the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 vmg

U should just probablly ring shannon and register the car as destroyed at this stage so nobody tries to use it for anything else if it is still alive and in wrong hands

some off the replys were very funny and cracked me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Animalistic

Singer73 wrote: »
    Social Services would have taken it to a little car orphanage.

:eek:

LMFAO!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Did you check your pockets?

LOL u jus made my day!!!!!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::p

some auld lad probly brought it to keep turkeys in it for the christmas!!!:cool:

Advertisement