Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Keogh has gone into Liquidation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

What will all the hairdressers do now the mini place is gone??

But seriously, he only opened those new showrooms a few months ago so with the plunge in new car sales it looks as though this was almost inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That is just shocking news!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Pass by his showroom on the way home every evening and noticed in the last week or so that his stock was getting smaller and smaller. There were only about 5 cars there yesterday, thought to myself that he was hardly giving them away.

Feel sorry alright for the ordinary staff out of work but have little sympathy for the dealership itself, always found their prices to be too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I drove past this morning and thought it strange to see the guy standing at the gate with a shirt and tie, heavy "bouncer" type jacket and a security ear piece(probably connected to a radio) instead of the usual guy in Hi Viz Jacket.

I thought nothing more of it until the LImerick-Leader advert but yeah I thought something was up when there was only 1 bmw and 3 mini's in the new section of the forecourt and a good few in the second hand section.

All good salesmen. When the economy picks up(which it will) they will all be snapped up by the other dealers crying out for good salespeople.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Berty wrote: »
    I drove past this morning and thought it strange to see the guy standing at the gate with a shirt and tie, heavy "bouncer" type jacket and a security ear piece(probably connected to a radio) instead of the usual guy in Hi Viz Jacket.

I thought nothing more of it until the LImerick-Leader advert but yeah I thought something was up when there was only 1 bmw and 3 mini's in the new section of the forecourt and a good few in the second hand section.

All good salesmen. When the economy picks up(which it will) they will all be snapped up by the other dealers crying out for good salespeople.

They must have changed sine they down near King John's Castle, the worst crowd you could deal with in those days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I dont think they will be getting work anytime sonn in the auto industry!
    The industry is in serious meltdown!

I dont think they will be getting work anytime sonn in the auto industry!
    The industry is in serious meltdown!

Why not?

Some of Pat Keogh's Nissan boys, sales and service and valteres went to Tiernans Nissan up the road.

I would be very surprised if some entrepeneur does not buy the building off the liquidators for half nothing and buys the franchise for half nothing.

VRT is what is killing the industry and BMW. Check out BMW Sterling offers. They have some neck on them importing cars from the UK and selling them on whilst complaining about people going to the UK to buy cars. Check out the motors forum for the long discussion on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

TBH cant see pat tiernan lasting long either too far out of the way and hard to find

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

it was not the price he was charging for the petrol that broke him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

must be 2 Pat Keoghs !!!

The salesmen I met wouldn't sell ice cream in the Sahara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

snowman707 wrote: »
    must be 2 Pat Keoghs !!!

The salesmen I met wouldn't sell ice cream in the Sahara.
    Ha nicely put, we've always got our cars from Frank Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

old boy wrote: »
    it was not the price he was charging for the petrol that broke him.

Christ...Yeah. That was scandalous the price of petrol in there, every time I passed I thought it was a joke. Not supprised its gone tits up....

1huge1 wrote: »
    Ha nicely put, we've always got our cars from Frank Hogan.

He's not much better to be honest.

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Christ...Yeah. That was scandalous the price of petrol in there, every time I passed I thought it was a joke. Not supprised its gone tits up....

Alot of local companies have accounts with that filling station but don't pay the full retail price he is charging. If Joe Public fills up there at those prices then they deserve to be fleeced.

BTW the filling station was still open as of last night.

Of course it was still open. It was always a separate entity and operated by another company still owned by him. He has not put this company in voluntary liquidation YET.

I said in the motors forum and I will say it here. Mark my words, Tom Hogan will take over BMW in Limerick. He took over BMW in Galway so likely hood is he will capitalise on Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

acalmenvoy wrote: »

If you were being so plainly and obviously ripped off for a few litres of petrol imagine how sore your ar$e would be after buying a fcuking car :rolleyes:

- Heard a story about a year ago of someone who viewed a second hand 5 series in PK's; got a quote and went back a few days later to hopefully seal the deal.... Price had mysteriously gone much higher in the intervening few days. The fella was told that this was for all the extras on the car, air con, leather interior etc.

- Your man said fcuk off! Some other fool has already paid you for those extras when you sold the car new on day one and walked out.....

Advertisement