Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

telephone recycle

Options
  • 12-03-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Very good idea on this site but don't really believe it.

http://www.envirofone.com/

But it got me thinking, I have a few phones laying about, is there anywhere around sligo that recycles or collect phones.

I also found only one place that collects batteries and that's pcworld.

And while I'm at it where can I bring my cardridges? I know the IT collects them but anywhere else??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

You can leave batteries into any shop that sells batteries.
    O'Gradys in Coolaney are having a mobile phone collection at the moment to raise funds for the community, not much good to you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

magnumlady wrote: »
    You can leave batteries into any shop that sells batteries.
    O'Gradys in Coolaney are having a mobile phone collection at the moment to raise funds for the community, not much good to you though.

wow in any shop that sells battries?? haha and I have been searching everywhere, haha!

wow in any shop that sells battries?? haha and I have been searching everywhere, haha!

The hospital also have a place to dispose of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

OP, the immunisation department in Markievicz House are collecting old mobile phones for a new defribrillator. Its a really good cause so you could drop them up there or even leave them in at the reception as the staff there are aware of the collection.

magnumlady wrote: »
    The hospital also have a place to dispose of them.

and we are there very often with a girl on the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i've used envirofone.ie - they do pay you but what they neglect to tell you in their small print is that as they are a UK company, their euro cheques are drawn from a UK bank, so when you go to lodge this cheque your bank charges you a fee. The bank are saying that any company doing this should let their customers know they will be charged, envirofone are saying I should not have been charged. I'm currently in a battle with them.

As for recycling for charities, I know Tesco will take your phones and ink cartridges. I think they used to do an offer on the cartridges where you got clubcard points for every one you recycled?

thanks I will check that at tesco's. We still have a UK bank account so that wouldnt be a problem, good to know they pay, thanks again.

The hospital have a place for ink carts too. I saw it today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

PC World will recycle your phones, batteries and cartridges. I'm pretty sure that if you sell batteries you legally have to take them in for recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Anybody thinking of recycling I would ask you consider Jack and Jill Foundation. They have been one of the best things that ever happened to me and my family and I am very greatful

They are also a home grown charity and if you call them or log on they will post out a bag or give you a drop address.

There is a lot of charties doing this now just remember you are helping you local groups with this one

Thanks, many thanks!

http://www.jackandjill.ie/recycling.htm

Thank you all !! I have ples of batteries and cartridges and am happy I can dispose of them properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

The tesco tokens for schools is on again so if a student brings in a phone into school its worth a load of tokens i think.

Advertisement