Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 09 Defensive Help

Options
  • 12-03-2009 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi I have been playing as Swindon Town for quite a while now and I have been using a very holding midfield formation of 4-5-1, I've just qualified for Europe for next year so I still have a few games to go but mathematicaly I am not going to achieve anything higher.

So I have always been the kind of "Score more goals then them" kind of manager but I know this tactic won't work in Europe due to the Away goals (Might work in away leg). I have suitable and capable cover for every position and have some fantastic defenders but they always seem to get mixed up and let in 1 or 2 almost every game, But in saying that I get about 3 or 4 goals a game. For once I'd like to just wake up with a clean sheet :(

Anyone got any defensive strategies, Mainly for the back 4 because if I can make them a bit more stable I know the front players will stil be knocking in the goals.

tldr; need defensive help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Hi I have been playing as Swindon Town for quite a while now and I have been using a very holding midfield formation of 4-5-1, I've just qualified for Europe for next year so I still have a few games to go but mathematicaly I am not going to achieve anything higher.

So I have always been the kind of "Score more goals then them" kind of manager but I know this tactic won't work in Europe due to the Away goals (Might work in away leg). I have suitable and capable cover for every position and have some fantastic defenders but they always seem to get mixed up and let in 1 or 2 almost every game, But in saying that I get about 3 or 4 goals a game. For once I'd like to just wake up with a clean sheet :(

Anyone got any defensive strategies, Mainly for the back 4 because if I can make them a bit more stable I know the front players will stil be knocking in the goals.

tldr; need defensive help

http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?t=54426

My own tactic. I hardly concede with that.

Post your tactic so we can have a look and see if there is something wrong. There is no definitive settings for keeping a rock defense. Goals usually could be going in because of problems in midfield.

Advertisement