Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"You have insufficient funds!"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

20m euro on kids who dont live here. Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It has long been my belief that we as a nation will not actually wake up until the Scratcher actually runs out of money,then you will experience howling the likes of which is unimaginable.

As stated in the article the Dept currently supports some 10,000 children living outside the State on the basis of one parent actually living and working here.

Given the embedded nature of Welfare Fraud at home what hope has the State of effectively monitoring the events in far off lands ???

The Cervical Cancer Vaccine situation assumes greater significance by the minute.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Between this and the pay rise, I think Fianna Fail are trying to convince us that it would be better to hand the country back to the UK.

I would love to find those RIRA scum and tell them they're shooting in the wrong direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

yop wrote: »
    20m euro on kids who dont live here. Nice!

One of their parents, however, does.
    RTE wrote:
    The PAC also heard that €20m is being sent to support children living abroad in child benefit payments. Ms Lacey said the department was supporting 10,000 children abroad and this would continue until the child is 18, provided one parent was living and working in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I dont get it! :o

Say for example one is a parent and the spawn lives with the OH, x, Grandarents,whatever full time in Spain.

Child benifits are continiously paid to perhaps an estranged parent !?!

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Only one of the childs parents has to be living and working (paying tax) in Ireland. The parent in Ireland can claim CB as they are paying PRSI and that is what PRSI is for. Same as pensions. Im widowed and because I payed PRSI before my wife died I am entitled to a pension even though I work. If I move to any other country I still get the pension payed into my bank account. Thats the system as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Offy wrote: »
    Only one of the childs parents has to be living and working (paying tax) in Ireland. The parent in Ireland can claim CB as they are paying PRSI and that is what PRSI is for. Same as pensions. Im widowed and because I payed PRSI before my wife died I am entitled to a pension even though I work. If I move to any other country I still get the pension payed into my bank account. Thats the system as it is.

So I can be on the scratcher over here and my sons mother can be working in Portugal and she gets CB paid directly to her??? :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

So you think foreigners should come her, pay taxes, and yet not be entitled to the benefits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Darragh29 wrote: »
    So I can be on the scratcher over here and my sons mother can be working in Portugal and she gets CB paid directly to her??? :confused::confused::confused:

Good idea eh :D i wonder :o lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Would love to see one of those scummy politician's face if it was the budget for their "expenses" and bonuses that had "insufficient funds".....

Of course, that would only happen in a fair and just society; and even then someone would probably give them a "dig-out". :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Would love to see one of those scummy politician's face if it was the budget for their "expenses" and bonuses that had "insufficient funds".....

Of course, that would only happen in a fair and just society; and even then someone would probably give them a "dig-out". :mad:

Liam, we need to be the change we want to see in the world. We need to firstly chase this government out of our sight.

I hope and I pray (and I don't use the word "pray" lightly, I pray every night that this will happen imminently), that when this new budget comes out, that the people of this country will finally get sense and run this government out of town.

These people are NATIONAL TRAITORS. They have put the best interests of our country, second if not third to their own personal interests. This shower don't see further than the next lodgement from the state expenses account into their own personal account.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

I'm a newbie poster to the Politics forum so please be gentle but I've been reading a long time. :o

I had this question floating around in my head for hte last while so since it has come up here, I thought i'd ask and someone might be able to answer.

If the State is paying out Child Benefit to a parent whos kids do not live here but live elsewhere, and our rate is higher than "elsewhere", then why isnt the payment paid at the rate of the country in which the child lives? Their cost of living/the cost of maintaining the child wouldnt be as high as it is in Ireland so, to me it makes sense that they would get the payment based on the "elsewheres" rate. :confused:

Just curious.

The Dole and cb and all that doesn't have insuffecient funds.
    It has an overdraft facility available to it commonly known as the current budget defecit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Liam, we need to be the change we want to see in the world. We need to firstly chase this government out of our sight.

I hope and I pray (and I don't use the word "pray" lightly, I pray every night that this will happen imminently), that when this new budget comes out, that the people of this country will finally get sense and run this government out of town.

These people are NATIONAL TRAITORS. They have put the best interests of our country, second if not third to their own personal interests. This shower don't see further than the next lodgement from the state expenses account into their own personal account.
    Yep almost a dictatorship in the role of feeding the rich and making it harder for the middle class and poor.
    I agree completely with you the price of living they say is going down,i dont see it like that i see a hike in the food and now they are hiking up food and now other things,cigarettes may nit be a top necessity nor should it be,
    I would love to see the whole country quit smoking and lets see where they get their taxes then they probably put up milk.
    If you look at the tv licence issue.It may be only once a year.But i mean 160 euro it costs? and you also pay tax for owning your tv and then cable and tax on ur cable also,Esb bills have taken a hike to and gas aswell.I notice since they have expected recession and since it has begun everything getting more expensive.

If their child is another country they can claim for child benefit here and there to can they now how does that work off as fair?
    I agree they are paying tax right and should be given something but sorry as Beth said i agree with her,they should be paid the same amount they are meant to in their own country.
    If they are claiming social welfare and child allowance here to and then also at home,
    can we do that?

Advertisement