Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Garmin out at the moment

• 12-03-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

As title reads, what is the best Garmin out at the moment - 865T? What's the difference between that and the 860T? Also, is that special offer of free map upgrades for life finished or still available?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

Yes the lifetime updates is still available

http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/uk/lang/en/numaps-lifetime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

bedlam wrote: »
    Garmin make GPS for various uses, you'll need to be more specific although I'm guessing you mean for in car use.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134 allows you to compare models to see the differences.
    Yep, in-car. So, what model is currently the bees knees? I'll probably get the Garmin Updates for life as linked to by eirman above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Anyone? Going on holidays to Italy at end of May so want to have GPS by then and also want to be familiar with it by then. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

aaf wrote: »
    Anyone? Going on holidays to Italy at end of May so want to have GPS by then and also want to be familiar with it by then. Cheers.

The new 800 series look good but their expensive...I would imagine their the best specced Garmin at the minute... You could get a Nuvi 255 which has all the european maps on it and be very happy with it...It's under E200 and very reliable, make sure you have european maps on whichever model you should get....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭peking97

aaf wrote: »
    As title reads, what is the best Garmin out at the moment - 865T? What's the difference between that and the 860T? Also, is that special offer of free map upgrades for life finished or still available?

They're not free map updates for life. There's a once-off payment for the nuMaps Lifetime which varies depending on the regions covered. Also be aware that it's not transferable to a different unit ...not exactly an incentive for Garmin users to upgrade!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Catscar

Hi, can anyone tell me if i buy Garmin Nuvi 610 GPS can i add europe maps later. It comes with Uk/Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Catscar wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone tell me if i buy Garmin Nuvi 610 GPS can i add europe maps later. It comes with Uk/Ireland.

Yes you can, but you will have to buy an SD card to put them on.

A couple of years ago I bought a Garmin 310 which just had the UK & Irl maps on it, they were out of date, so I was entitled to a free map upgrade and as part of that upgrade I was offered the full European maps free of charge. I'm not sure if that is still the situation but you could try ringing Garmin customer care to find out.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement