Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 3G jailbroken - wireless works fine, 3G/EDGE not at all?!?

Options
  • 12-03-2009 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Apologies if this has been discussed to death, but I really can't find any fix despite hours googling or searching on these very boards!

My problem is this - bought my iphone 3g 16 gigs - working perfectly; 3G, EDGE, wireless. Used the pwnage tool to jailbreak it (not worried about being tied in to 02, so left sim unlocking it for the future) and all went swimmingly - calls, texts, surfing the web, youtube etc. all grand.

At some stage, presumably as I'm mostly a wireless user (rather than 3G/EDGE) the phone 'forgot'/lost some setting, as now although I can get a great EDGE/3G signal (4 bars), both Safari and the YouTube app instantly tell me there's no connection?!?

It gets better, though. I reset the network factory settings, and everything was perfect! Happy that they would work when I needed them, I ignored the 3G/EDGE connectivity until this morning, and you guessed it, same problem again!

Anyone know how to fix it?!? It's driving me up the wall...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pnag

*Think* I've found the solution - I removed the 'hood' app for the quick on/off of bluetooth, wireless networks etc.

Seems to have done the trick? I'll post back with longer term results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭acidburn51737

Well you could try installing sbsettings from cydia coz it has an on/off button for wifi and etc. It will also show your ipaddress for the connections. You can try turning off your wifi there and turn your edge on and see if the problem is still there

Advertisement