Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nemanja Vidic best defender in the world

• 12-03-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I dont know how to set the vote option but can anyone disagree with the titled post?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

As the outstanding performer in the best defense in the world, i'd say yes.
    Arent't these pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

pierrot wrote: »
    Arent't these pointless.
    Yes. Yes they are.
    Not even a poll?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My best-ever tolerance joint is giving me awful gyp this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No I can't disagree. Yes he is the best centreback in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

you make a good argument for your theory OP. The answer is of course yes and no.

• Advertisement

My dad would kill all of your dads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

stovelid wrote: »

Mine too - I wonder is it recession based?

In fairness Vidic's games to goal ratio is rubbish - Only 13 goals in 94 games for Utd. FFS He only scores a goal every seven games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Snore.

He is the in-form centre back of note in the premier league and champions league right now - that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

...and nemanja vidic would kill your dad!! :p

You b*stard - my dad's dead. .........runs off and has a snigger because my dad's not really dead at all:):):), but stovelid will feel bad now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Put it this way, if I were a Man U fan I'd be more upset if Vidic left than if Ronaldo left.

The thing is that you just know he could. :D

My mates call him the War Criminal.

Seriously though, he comprises 50% of the best centre-half pairing in Europe, and the best player (this season) in the best team in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

all them clean sheets.. never mind VDS..

Nemanja Vidic - Best goalie in the premiership!!

no hands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

short answer: yes

long answer: yeeeeees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

He's no John O'Shea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

probably.

probably not.

much like the torres thread, it may as well be 'are you a utd fan?'

even though he's in the top, top end of defenders the likes of carvalho and nesta (both when fit) could claim to be in the same league imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Yesterday: Is Torres the best striker in the world?

Today: Nemanja Vidic best defender in the world

Tomorrow: Tayto. The best crisps in the world?

Lads, these threads are pointless. You can't definitively say who is the best/worst. Giving someone that title is an opinion, not a fact. Everyone has an opinion. What does a thread like this contribute? Ot the Torres one from yesterday? Vidic is one of the best defenders in the world. Torres is one of the best strikers in the world. Very few people would argue those opinions. Why do we need a thread on it? So we can start some tribal fighting amongst the different clubs fans? Or so that we can all wax lyrically about how great the player is and how they have no equal?

Poinless thread.

rosboy wrote: »
    Vidic is one of the best strikers in the world.

Look I already posted Vidic's goal-scoring record and he clearly isn't one of the best strikers in the role - one goal every seven games. :rolleyes:
    Tomorrow: Tayto. The best crisps in the world?

Off to get me a bag of Taytos. Yummy
    Poinless thread.

Agree

Look I already posted Vidic's goal-scoring record and he clearly isn't one of the best strikers in the role - one goal every seven games. :rolleyes:

Oops! :o

Fixed now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

pierrot wrote: »
    Arent't these pointless.
    Quint wrote: »
    Yes. Yes they are.
    Not even a poll?!
    Mine too - I wonder is it recession based?

In fairness Vidic's games to goal ratio is rubbish - Only 13 goals in 94 games for Utd. FFS He only scores a goal every seven games.
    gosplan wrote: »
    Snore.
    You b*stard - my dad's dead. .........runs off and has a snigger because my dad's not really dead at all:):):), but stovelid will feel bad now.
    He's no John O'Shea!
    SlickRic wrote: »
    probably.

probably not.

much like the torres thread, it may as well be 'are you a utd fan?'
    Lads, these threads are pointless. You can't definitively say who is the best/worst. Giving someone that title is an opinion, not a fact. Everyone has an opinion. What does a thread like this contribute? Ot the Torres one from yesterday? Vidic is one of the best defenders in the world. Torres is one of the best strikers in the world. Very few people would argue those opinions. Why do we need a thread on it? So we can start some tribal fighting amongst the different clubs fans? Or so that we can all wax lyrically about how great the player is and how they have no equal?

Poinless thread.

Off to get me a bag of Taytos. Yummy

A whole lot of noise and not much signal.

If you really think the thread is pointless, wouldn't you be better served by not posting in it, thereby ensuring it sinks down the forum that bit quicker? What is more pointless than constantly bumping a thread that you see no value in, seriously?

If you really think the thread is pointless, wouldn't you be better served by not posting in it, thereby ensuring it sinks down the forum that bit quicker? What is more pointless than constantly bumping a thread that you see no value in, seriously?

You mean we should all ignore the problem and hope it goes away?

Is it not better that these threads are exposed for what they are by use deriding them? This could lead them not popping up in the first place.

You mean we should all ignore the problem and hope it goes away?

Is it not better that these threads are exposed for what they are by use deriding them? This could lead them not popping up in the first place.

I wouldn't recommend you do that.

I wouldn't recommend you do that.

Fair enough. You're the boss (or one of them). ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

IBTL TBH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

A fit Carvalho is just as good.

Best multi-quote put-down in the world?

/:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

BloodyBattlers03_587x650.jpg

How'm I gonna get a scar like this eating p*ssy, mang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

In fairness, pointing out the pointlessness in pointing out the pointlessness of a pointless thread is also a bit pointless - especially on the boards.ie soccer forum, which is usually a bit pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I still think Ferdinand is the better defender of the two.

IBTL TBQFH!!

Vidic this season is DA MAN! Last season Rio was the better performing player of the 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

as a pool fan, yeah, vidic is a ****ing animal atm and I would <3 to have him at us.

as backup to agger/skrtel of course ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

kaimera wrote: »
    as a pool fan, yeah, vidic is a ****ing animal atm and I would <3 to have him at us. ;)

but with him AND nando, who would we show our very manly love to then?

would there be enough for them to share? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Excellent jinxing work, IMVHAHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He's just a poor man's Martin Skrtel!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

monkey9 wrote: »

amen to that.

Humble in victory, gracious in defeat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

:rolleyes:
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    amen to that.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

it was a joke lads.

down of those high horses.

*although Skrtel is a ****ing beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

2 red cards v us this year.

might as well stick a pool jersey on him ;) :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I think what happened today was that the best defender in the world had a (very) bad game. It happens. It just happened at an unfortunate time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Humble in victory, gracious in defeat...

Ah will you stop. We hammered Utd four one at Old Trafford, of course there's gonna be slagging and banter. If you can't enjoy this, when can you.
    And when you consider the bullsh!t and trolling that goes on in the Liverpool thread week after week, i think you'll find that Liverpool fans are being extremely gracious and humble!!

Ah will you stop. We hammered Utd four one at Old Trafford, of course there's gonna be slagging and banter. If you can't enjoy this, when can you.

I think you'll find I'm entitled to an opinion as much as the rest of you. I think my last post summed that opinion up pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

kaimera wrote: »
    2 red cards v us this year.

might as well stick a pool jersey on him ;) :P
    I remember Bellamy torchering him too a couple of seasons ago. Must be a Liverpool jinx because the only other time I've seen him play really badly was against the one and only Kenny Miller.

I think today just proves how much of a force the man is. This is his third full season at United and they have two PL's and a CL and are in position win the two again this season(not saying they will).
    I've said many times that I don't rate Rio as highly as he has been rated over the last two years. I think Vidic makes those around him look better than they are. Today is a perfect example of what happens when he has a bad day which is very rare. I'd nearly go as far as saying you could put McShane beside him and he'd look world class, although I think that might just be too much of a stretch. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think today just proves how much of a force the man is. This is his third full season at United and they have two PL's and a CL and are in position win the two again this season(not saying they will).
    I've said many times that I don't rate Rio as highly as he has been rated over the last two years. I think Vidic makes those around him look better than they are. Today is a perfect example of what happens when he has a bad day which is very rare. I'd nearly go as far as saying you could put McShane beside him and he'd look world class, although I think that might just be too much of a stretch. :)
    Slight stretch but I agree about his influence on those around him. With an out of sorts Evra and Vidic suspended I'm not imbued with confidence having Rio and O Shea in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

eagle eye wrote: »

Why then has United's best defensive performance over the past 5 years come without him at CB? It was when Brown and Ferdinand played against Barca in the CL and they were magnificent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think Vidic is an exceptional defender, but recently, he's got lazy and is reverting to fouls like what he was sent off for yesterday only been yellow carded for similar offences up until then. He's figured he can get away with it and has got stuck in that rut.

In tough stakes, he's no lost teeth Agger :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Vidic had a bad day today, a very bad day... it does not change that he is an absolute rock of a defender and every team would gladly accept him into their starting 11

I love knee jerk reactionists, they can be so funny at times!

He has not gotten "lazy" he has played this way since he has been at united, he is the heart of our defence, he is a major part of why we won the last 2 premier league titles and he will be pretty much the player of the year in this title winning season, yes i said title winning season.. for manchester united

Vidic you are a legend, never change

eZe^ wrote: »
    Why then has United's best defensive performance over the past 5 years come without him at CB? It was when Brown and Ferdinand played against Barca in the CL and they were magnificent.
    Of course as a Barca fan you would think this. There have been many outstanding United defensive performances over the past three seasons and its not beyond the realms of possiblility in Vidic's absence that others could step up to the plate but to just single two games, one of which was the most scared United performance I ever witnessed where they played a game normally associated with relegation battlers of defend in numbers and hoof the ball does not merit rating them as a top partnership over time and that will be proven if they are both fit to play over the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement