Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stepping down as mod- real life stuff

Options
  • 12-03-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭

I've been away for a while in China and Trogdor and Weathercheck have been doing a fine job here.

Its been a life changing experience and I've decided to learn Mandarin and concentrate on other non weather related stuff, so I'm stepping down here.
    I'm confidant the forum is in good hands and I'd like to thank all the regulars here for their great posts and pictures.

I'll post here now and again still but that will more than likely from China not Ireland.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Good luck Supercell with your life in China. Thank for your time as mod, especially all the time you devoted to running the weather League. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Well the brain drain from the boards continues, 8000+ posts says something of your contribution here mate ,and will miss those pics of future annamoe snowfalls , the very best for the future .

LD

edit : this has been one of the better winters down here prob since the mid 80s
    so here is my parting piccy to you ........sums it up well dont ya think ....cheers.

img0541i.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Has that Beijing smog got to you? ;)

You don't have to go so far for some snow :pac:

Good luck and thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

I'm only a blow in on the weather thread but what i have learnt and read from Super cell is quailty...

Will miss you your knowledge mate... Best of luck mate..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Good luck Supercell. You'll be missed for sure but we all need to make a break for it every so often and move on to new things so I wish you the best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Best of luck to you Supercell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Best of luck to you Supercell :)

+1, I know you've put a lot of work into this forum, thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

best of luck Supercell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Best regards in the future Supercell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Best wishes SC, hope to see you post some reports from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Best of luck for the future Supercell, Good luck with learning Mandarin. Know how hard it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

All the best Supercell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

here's a pic you took during the early feb snow that i think is fantastic.posting it to remind you and thank you for all your efforts.cheers:D:D:D

morning.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

redsunset wrote: »
    here's a pic you took during the early feb snow that i think is fantastic.posting it to remind you and thank you for all your efforts.cheers:D:D:D

morning.jpg

SC has posted some quality pics on this site , but this is one of the very best , stunning ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Ye, very nice lighting and colour in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Sad to see you go SC but look forward to the odd post from you! I'll keep the reports coming from above 200M !!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

kerry1960 wrote: »
    SC has posted some quality pics on this site , but this is one of the very best , stunning ;).

indeed that pic is stunning. it would surely do well in a met eireann winter weather picture competition.

indeed that pic is stunning. it would surely do well in a met eireann winter weather picture competition.

it would win;)
    ah seen it a while back and thought wow beautiful(tis now my screensaver) and so it was only fitting that i put it in here for the SC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Thanks for your good work Supercell.

hey SC here's your going away present:D

lovely pic of wicklow mountains with the sneachta on top.

ps. i didn't take this pic myself:pac:

ISS001-701-266E.jpg

and your namesake,lovely Supercell Thunderstorms, Canada September 1994
    A cluster of large supercell thunderstorms, located near the border between Manitoba and Ontario, Canada, and Minnesota, United States can be seen in this low-oblique view. In North America, most supercell thunderstorms occur over the Great Plains of the United States and southern Canada, where moist, warm, tropical air from the Gulf of Mexico clashes with dryer, cooler, polar air from the Canadian Arctic. Such storms can produce violent downdrafts with locally strong and sometimes destructive winds. Storms of this magnitude can also produce hail and in many cases, tornadoes. A thunderstorm is an intense local storm associated with a tall, dense cumulonimbus cloud in which there are very strong updrafts of air. They occur when the atmosphere is unstable and moist warm air is abundant and becomes buoyant near the ground. The towering cumulonimbus thunderheads can rise through the stratosphere to altitudes of 12.5 miles (20 km); they penetrate the upper cirrus cloud layer in this view.

STS064-205-50.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

redsunset wrote: »
    hey SC here's your going away present:D

lovely pic of wicklow mountains with the sneachta on top.

Wow - thats an amazing pic. You can see in the central part there is no rocks or heather sticking out - just pure white...

Any idea of the exact date of that?

arctictree wrote: »
    Wow - thats an amazing pic. You can see in the central part there is no rocks or heather sticking out - just pure white...

Any idea of the exact date of that?
    According to this It's the 3rd of march 2001 -14th image link up from the bottom :)

Theres some nice images on that site actually.
    This is one of Eastern and southern Ireland taken by an astronaut presumably on the space shuttle in 1985

STS61A-201-36.jpg

Advertisement